Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old September 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Heroscape: Insurrection Deck (Coming Soon)

This is a work in progress, I started it awhile ago and never got around to finishing it. I want to see what others here think. Keep in mind, this is a rough draft and everything is subject to change, the cards are all rough drafts too, if anyone has any suggestions for special cards, feel free to post them, I might include them in the final release (proper credit will be given).

I will post a full PDF when I get all the kinks worked out and get some good constructive feedback.

HEROSCAPE: INSURRECTION DECK

The deck of 60 Insurrection cards is placed so each player can reach it.

Before the game starts there should be a few Control points placed on the board. Anything can be used to indicate a Control point, Glyphs of Brandar, Pennies, anything. Any number of Control Points is okay, at least 1 is needed but more may be used for larger maps. Try to place them evenly between the players starting zones.

DRAWING CARDS

Control Points are neccessary because they are how players draw more cards. Cards are drawn at 2 points during the game (unless a card allows you to draw):

1. At the beginning of each round before order markers are placed, each player draws 1 card for each Control point they control.

2. At the end of a player's turn, if that player played any number of cards, they can draw one card as long as they still control at least 1 control point.

These are the only to draw cards (except any special cards that allow it) so controlling these spaces on the battlefield is to your advantage and should be the center of many battles.

Playing Cards:

You can play any number of cards during your turn, but remember the only way to draw more cards is to get to those Skirmish points. You are never forced to play any cards, its always optional.

Attack Cards - Attack cards are played before rolling attack dice. These cards add either additional attack dice or automatic skulls to the next attack roll. Only 1 attack card may be played per attack roll. Attack cards can not be added to Special Attack rolls.

Defense Cards - Defense cards are played before rolling defense dice. These cards add either additional defense dice or automatic shields to the next defense roll. Only 1 defense card can be played per attack roll.

Special Cards - Special cards have the play requirements listed on the each card.

Other rules:

Hand Size - The maximum hand size is 6 cards. Anytime you would draw a card that would put you over 6 cards, you need to discard a card first.

Remove from the game - Some special cards say they get removed from the game, this means that after you play them are aren't placed in the discard pile like normal, it is put into its own pile and can't be brought back into the game.

Here are some examples of cards:

Old September 10th, 2007, 12:50 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Nice idea Nether. They will add a new dimmension to the game. I would like to see more.

EDIT: Interesting my 1000th post was a comment obout an idea by one one the masters of posts, Netherspirit

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 10th, 2007, 01:17 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
I really like your idea Nether. I look foward to seeing your final product.
Old September 10th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Great stuff, NS! Maybe a rule that there should be x number control points per player. I was thinking 2 per player and they should be placed a minimum of 6 to 8 spaces away from any starting zone.

Looking forward to seeing this project move forward!

Newb.
Old September 10th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
I like it!

We've been looking for something to add to our weekly games and this just may be it

Ideas for cards:
Movement +1, +2, +3 (sure that may be in the works)
Common/Unique Specific
Common Squad Rally (After revealing an Order Marker, instead of taking a turn with that card, move X amount of any squad figures without attacking. X can equal total amount of Control Cards in your hand that you discard.)
Order Marker X Converted To Any Number 1-3 (maybe even 4?)
or Rearrange all Order Markers mid-round
Free Disengage
Old September 10th, 2007, 02:30 PM

Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker
I like how it seems that it only has a turn effect rather than a game effect like the glyphs sometimes have. And no massive curse!
Old September 11th, 2007, 05:30 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
This is a great idea! How long until completion?
Old September 11th, 2007, 11:57 AM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!
I love these.

Still confused over Replay and Reshuffle wording though.

Does reshufle mean you fold your hand into the discard deck and draw a new equal hand?

Also, possibly increase the text field/type size on the specials for us old blind codgers like Revdyer and myself ( rev).

I wanna see these for sale at HMG...

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old September 11th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
I like it!

We've been looking for something to add to our weekly games and this just may be it

Ideas for cards:
Movement +1, +2, +3 (sure that may be in the works)
Common/Unique Specific
Common Squad Rally (After revealing an Order Marker, instead of taking a turn with that card, move X amount of any squad figures without attacking. X can equal total amount of Control Cards in your hand that you discard.)
Order Marker X Converted To Any Number 1-3 (maybe even 4?)
or Rearrange all Order Markers mid-round
Free Disengage
Those are great ideas! I like the disengage one in particular, I will make up cards for them. I hadn't thought about Move bonus cards, that's a good idea too. I'll send you a PM in the next couple of days as I work on this some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
This is a great idea! How long until completion?
I'm hoping to have all the cards completed and the PDF put together by this weekend. I have a lot of school work to do, so it might be as late as early next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys
Does reshufle mean you fold your hand into the discard deck and draw a new equal hand?
That is just an example of a card, it was in the first draft of the cards when each person had an identical deck, but I scrapped that idea for one single deck, and that card will likely not be in the final release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys
Also, possibly increase the text field/type size on the specials for us old blind codgers like Revdyer and myself ( rev).
The cards are the same size as normal CCG cards. I think the text will come out fine when printed to size.
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
I like this idea. I'm assuming the deck will have a higher number of the weaker cards compared to the stronger cards. Something like:

+1 dice*7
+2 dice*4
+3 dice*2
+1 auto*3
+2 auto*2
+3 auto*1

Here's a couple ideas for cards:

Gift of the Winds-Special Card-Play this card before moving a figure. For the duration of its move, that figure is considered to have flying.

Species Bonding-Special Card-Play this card before taking a turn with a squad. Before taking a turn with that squad, you may take a turn with any hero you control that is the same species as the squad.

Buddy System-Special Card-Play this card before taking a turn with a hero that is adjacent to at least one other hero you control. For the duration of the turn, treat the hero and one of the heroes you control adjacent to that hero as a squad and move and attack with both of them. (I'm sure this one could probably be worded better.)

Old September 11th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
I like this idea. I'm assuming the deck will have a higher number of the weaker cards compared to the stronger cards. Something like:

+1 dice*7
+2 dice*4
+3 dice*2
+1 auto*3
+2 auto*2
+3 auto*1
Yep, something like that. I'm thinking 40-45 bonuses (being Attack, Defense and now probably Move) with 15-20 Special Cards. For a total of 60 cards to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster

Here's a couple ideas for cards:

Gift of the Winds-Special Card-Play this card before moving a figure. For the duration of its move, that figure is considered to have flying.

Species Bonding-Special Card-Play this card before taking a turn with a squad. Before taking a turn with that squad, you may take a turn with any hero you control that is the same species as the squad.

Buddy System-Special Card-Play this card before taking a turn with a hero that is adjacent to at least one other hero you control. For the duration of the turn, treat the hero and one of the heroes you control adjacent to that hero as a squad and move and attack with both of them. (I'm sure this one could probably be worded better.)
Those are good!
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:48 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I have to say that I really was never into these types of card games but I like the way this looks Nether...good job.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions