Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 4th, 2014, 01:20 AM

IndustrialOkie Woo who?
Re: Battleship Galaxies

Not trying to be a one-note wonder, but I really think Xia:Legends of a drift system will scratch this itch between simple BSG combat and TWI complexity.

The US shipping starts soon for backers, so hopefully the retail backers will follow not too far afterwards.

Good, bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
Old September 4th, 2014, 07:17 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have been looking forward to Xia, but I don't agree about scratching the same itch. Xia doesn't look as tactical that is for sure. It seems like it will be similar to Merchants & Marauders but in space, which will be awesome.
Old April 11th, 2018, 02:34 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Right now World of Warships is doing a special with a Space version of the game. Reminded me instantly of Battleship Galaxies. The game is basically just WoW with different graphics, but the graphics are amazing and make me really sad about what happened with Battleship Galaxies!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 8th, 2019, 03:46 PM

IndustrialOkie Woo who?

Richard Borg's "Red Alert: Space Fleet Combat" is probably about as close as we'll ever get to BSG. It's a great game!

Good, bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
Old December 8th, 2019, 09:20 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustrialOkie View Post
Richard Borg's "Red Alert: Space Fleet Combat" is probably about as close as we'll ever get to BSG. It's a great game!
I love Richard Borg, but this was my least favorite of his games. I had trouble telling one type of spaceship from another.

Old December 9th, 2019, 03:57 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I love Red Alert, which just came out with an eighth small expansion. I also just got Star Wars Rebellion, and its expansion Rise of the Empire, which is strategic but also has minis and tactical combat.
Old December 9th, 2019, 04:38 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Talking Re: Battleship Galaxies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustrialOkie View Post
I love Richard Borg, but this was my least favorite of his games. I had trouble telling one type of spaceship from another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I love Red Alert, which just came out with an eighth small expansion. I also just got Star Wars Rebellion, and its expansion Rise of the Empire, which is strategic but also has minis and tactical combat.
Which is not to say that I wouldn't play Red Alert again, if it makes you happy.

Old December 10th, 2019, 07:34 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Okay, I've got that in writing!
Old December 10th, 2019, 07:38 AM

Okay, I've got that in writing! (Double post)
Old December 23rd, 2019, 03:41 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Out of curiosity - anyone have or know of good customs for BSG? My son and I were looking at it again the other day and thinking we'd play more if there was a bit more variety to it, but neither of us really has the time to develop/playtest anything.

~Aldin, spaced outly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 27th, 2019, 11:41 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Out of curiosity - anyone have or know of good customs for BSG? My son and I were looking at it again the other day and thinking we'd play more if there was a bit more variety to it, but neither of us really has the time to develop/playtest anything.

~Aldin, spaced outly
I would love to know also. I was just looking at this game collecting dust in my basement this weekend while looking for another hardly played game. Long ago I thought Xia ships would make good customs, but didn't create any. Story of my life.
Old December 28th, 2019, 06:18 AM

Do you have any of the three expansions for BSG?

BTW, I much prefer Firefly over Xia myself!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games