Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 16th, 2007, 08:28 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Kinseth's Customs - Devil's Faction(SOV work)

My current works in progress, I like to take my custom developing seriously, and perhaps will submit them to SOV. All comments welcome, good or bad

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Kinseth; June 14th, 2018 at 05:02 PM.
Old May 16th, 2007, 08:55 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Welcome to the site! Interesting card. I'd prefer a die roll, but I think it works either way. He doesn't seem overpowered or anything, either. Nice first custom!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 17th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think it'd be better if you could only clone when you were adjacent to the figure you wanted to clone (seems odd to be able to clone a figure way across the board).
Old May 17th, 2007, 06:04 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Adjacent is way too restrictive.

Perhaps in sight of 8 spaces?
Old May 17th, 2007, 08:40 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I overlooked the fact that there was no restriction before. It definitely needs one. 8 spaces is also rediculously large. I thought it was adjacent and that makes the most sense, but I could see maybe 4?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 17th, 2007, 09:07 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
I like the cloning idea, but why would Relno need his own stats for, unless all other small or medium figures on the board are gone? Also, what to do about life since Relno would get their life too? I feel like there would be 10 paragraphs on the FAQs section on heroscape.com for this guy. But maybe I'm thinking too much about it.
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:57 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I think it'd be better if you could only clone when you were adjacent to the figure you wanted to clone (seems odd to be able to clone a figure way across the board).
That's what i was thinking and would you be able to change to another character or do you have to stay as that chosen figure for the entire game? I think it would be great if you could only be another figure for X amount of turns that way you would have to use the character wisely whilst you had chance.
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:10 AM

- I put the clause in "Retain this ability" for when he shapeshifts, that way he can always make a change whenever he needs too.

- As for the sight, a sight of 4 is pretty short distance. If you think about a range of 8, he would be on the fringe of most ranged units, if he has to wade in and take fire from ranged units, he will not be very useful while in his original form.

- As for a time limit, I think that games are pretty fast and it would hardly come into affect.
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:36 AM

cycoduck is surprisingly tart
I would change the 'exact copy' wording. HSisforcoolkids brought up the life issue. If he changes to a common or unique squad member and gets hit, he's done. I would change it to some wording where Relno gets their special abilities and MRAD stats, but retains his life stats. Other than that, looks cool.
Old May 18th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycoduck
I would change the 'exact copy' wording. HSisforcoolkids brought up the life issue. If he changes to a common or unique squad member and gets hit, he's done. I would change it to some wording where Relno gets their special abilities and MRAD stats, but retains his life stats. Other than that, looks cool.
This is a good point. What happens if you become a Common Squad? If you have other copies of that card can you move the clone on the cards turn?

I think this card is vastly overpowered as is. Just put order marker 1 on this guy every turn.

Turn 1, turn into the most powerful ranged guy on the board.

Turn 2, repeat using the best figure on the board for the clone's position.

There is no need to ever put an order marker on another figure until this one is dead. This kind of flexibility is far more overpowered than it first appears.

As written, this card should cost more than the most expensive small of medium figure in the game, because it can become that figure and still has the flexibility to become whatever you need it to be.

To be a fair unit, this card needs some limits. Here are some ideas.

Once per round.
A roll to see if it works.
Reverting to its true form if it takes damage.

As written, I would never let this guy in my game (except as a test to see how ridiculous he is)

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old May 18th, 2007, 11:26 AM

Doc_Savage.

1- It says "Unique" Figure, i meant this to be hero's only. I guess the wording needs to be more clear on that.

2- I am in agreement something should be changed to a roll, as I have mentioned above.

Please take the time to read my comments.

Remember this is a work in progress, I don't expect him to be 100% the first time I present him.
Old May 18th, 2007, 12:18 PM

cycoduck is surprisingly tart
Kinseth

We understand that this is a work in progress, and no one here is faulting you for creating a unique and interesting figure. We are merely providing some constructive feedback that will make this a more playable and robust hero. I like the concept, very interesting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards