Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 24th, 2017, 09:24 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Plans for the end of July

Wednesday July 26: My Scape of the Rings (see the NYCG4 thread in General Discussion). The huge new Mt. Doom map is now up on the table.

Sunday July 30: Blood Rage or Firefly

Plans for August

Three new things should be out early in August!

Star Trek Ascendancy: It was just officially announced Saturday that the year late expansions for the Cardassians and Ferengi will finally be out early in the month. The Borg expansion is expected at GenCon.

Tricorne American Revolution: The new eighth and latest C&C system game by Richard Borg should be out in August as well.

C&C Epic Napoleonics Epic format Aspern-Essling. It was two separate battles in the 2 Player format; now its both in one, with up to 8 Players! We're now halfway through the big scenarios in Expansion #6.
Old July 24th, 2017, 10:10 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I got in a few games of sword and sorcery today with a friend from work and some of his family. My impressions of the game: coop game works well. The rules are fairly complex at first. I was able to figure most of everything out by the end of game one but Im generally that guy that memorizes all the rulebooks and can reference them to other players. Still a touch more complex that I like. Two secenarios took close to 6 hours with takedown and setup for game two. The models are beautiful. My friend had the kickstarter edition. The cards look good and the graphics are nice. The gameplay is fun after you get the basic rules down. I thought it was funny with the story that it had ripped off characters and sayings from different movies and games
Overall not a bad game. I look forward to getting my massive darkness copies even more now.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 24th, 2017, 11:10 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool Trex. I look forward to playing it.

The company that makes it also made Galaxy Defenders, which I played a 10 game or so campaign of a couple years ago. They certainly like to use likenesses of famous characters in movies for their game characters. Push the limit for sure.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 25th, 2017, 07:05 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Last night I played Power Grid: Factory Manager for the first time. Interesting game where you have to manage the amount of power your factory uses, while also trying to make it efficient by having machinery and computers that require fewer workers and energy, yet also trying to increase your productivity and storage capacity, as those two things will get you the most money every round. You start out with a couple machines that require 4 workers to run and 3 storage tiles. There's a bidding system for first player, where you bid with available workers and they will be out of that round, so it wasn't until the last couple rounds that people started outbidding someone else, because by then they had more workers because of automation, and it became more important to get an earlier turn. There's a board with several columns of things you can buy to add to your factory, and there's a phase where in turn order you get to bring those tiles down to become available to purchase for that round, but you can only bring down as many as you have available workers left, and you have to bring down the least expensive in any column first. After everyone has brought down all the tiles they can, first player can buy as many tiles as they have workers available and money. If you need more space in your factory, you need to place a worker on the tile to be removed, thus having fewer to buy things. There is also an energy cost section on the board that can go up, and this is multiplied by the amount of energy you are currently using. So at the end of the round when you collect money for the amount of items you are producing/storage space, you deduct the amount of energy you have to pay for. It was a pretty close game, the winner was Bonesteel with $174, then I had $162 and Bruce had $162 and Eric had $161.

Also, over the weekend I spent a bit of time working on the Troll boss for Swords and Sorcery. As with the other models I shared, the pictures didn't do him justice with the highlights and shading, as there are gradual differences that get washed out in my office lighting.

Old July 25th, 2017, 07:45 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Awesome!

Are there suggestions for color choice or is that all you Hahma?
Old July 25th, 2017, 08:54 AM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks Tornado!

There is a character card/board for each character and boss. They have images on them, so those have been my inspiration. But I still have to figure out how to make that happen with the colors I have, and mix colors I need, especially for shading and highlighting.

Old July 25th, 2017, 01:25 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

There was definitely some awesome models in that kickstarter box of my friends. My favorite sculpts were probably his huge demon that looked like the Balrog on LOTR, and his lich king looking guy. Also, some really cool demons. The raiders look like knock offs of assassins creed assassins. The orcs are definitely Warcraft orcs. Also, one box had a bunch of dragon men with a sweet looking 5 headed hydra. Very cool stuff overall. I think my friend dropped some 400 dollars on the kickstarter edition though.

Old July 25th, 2017, 10:54 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got to play Scythe tonight for the first time. We played a four player game and I really enjoyed it. We were all first time players but somewhat familiar with the gameplay having watched various how to play videos. I triggered the end game with my sixth star and felt like I was in good shape to win with top tier popularity only to come in second. I lost out on a lot of points by not spreading out into more territory.

I definitely want to play this again soon and hopefully learn and improve upon some of my mistakes. The action board is so well done and I found myself wanting to do so many different things and having to decide which was most important and prioritize actions while also watching the other players to see what they were going after. I also enjoyed the combat and how the threat of combat and gauging each other's power and combat cards affects how you set yourself up on the board.

It was just an all around enjoyable game and one that I can see getting a lot of plays out of before getting stale.
Old July 26th, 2017, 04:06 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Eagerly waiting for my copy of Doom The Board Game to arrive from Miniature Market. Anyone play it?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 30th, 2017, 12:37 AM
Prickly Cactus

Another character from Swords and Sorcery

Captain Victoria the Undead

Once again, kind of washed out in the pictures, but you get the idea anyway. She's pretty interesting, as half of her face is normal and the other half is a skull, there are some holes in her one leg that exposes some bones in her pants and boot, as well as having a bone hand on that side of her body.

Old July 30th, 2017, 10:08 AM
"like" happy

Very nice @Hahma . I have been painting more of my rum and bones characters that are also pirates. I just finished the booster of the Wellsport Brotherhood Heroes pack. My favorite one I think is Theo the Terror Nova. @keglo , you'll have to tell all about the Doom Board Game. Surprisingly I've heard really nothing about that one.

Old July 30th, 2017, 10:56 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Once again, kind of washed out in the pictures, but you get the idea anyway. She's pretty interesting, as half of her face is normal and the other half is a skull, there are some holes in her one leg that exposes some bones in her pants and boot, as well as having a bone hand on that side of her body.
Wow, she looks awesome Hahma! I seriously considered buying this game, as the price seem reasonable for what you get. It is still on my to-buy list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@keglo , you'll have to tell all about the Doom Board Game. Surprisingly I've heard really nothing about that one.
Yeah I know what you mean TREX. I hadn't heard a thing about it either. I just happened across an article about it. I then watched several videos and read several reviews. It has actually been really well received and gets great reviews. I chose it because the gameplay just looked really fun to me, and being a fan of the video games helped too. And if I understand it correctly, this game draws a lot of inspiration Imperial Assault, which I think that you play and enjoy.

I did get it in the mail yesterday. The figures are awesome, and all the components are great quality. I'm already trying to figure out how to paint all of those demons. And the Marines are definitely going to need a paint job soon just so we can tell them apart during a game. I have set up the included tutorial mission and am currently working my way through it solo so that I can learn the game. It might take a while to learn as there are like 9 different card decks, several token types, etc. It seems daunting but I think that it simpler than it appears.

I'll let you know what I think after I get a real game in but I am very happy with it so far.
-
-
-

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games