Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old August 31st, 2016, 02:30 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: How balanced are AotP units to classic 'scape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think trying to factor in spell card points is a tricky gambit.

Can AotP beat pure HS cheese?
I think AotP armies could beat "the best" Heroscape army (Raelin, Q9, Rats, Hydra) but there are other cheesy armies that could probably beat the best AotP armies I have played.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 31st, 2016, 02:34 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That sounds balanced, I guess.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 31st, 2016, 05:32 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That sounds balanced, I guess.
If you're okay with a meta where you have to play A ranked Heroscape squads if you want to beat AotP armies.

Actually, I am curious how some hero-oriented classic armies would do against AotP armies.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 31st, 2016, 05:43 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I doubt my group would run anything that was not maximum power.

I think if we were to mix we would have predetermined armies for both and randomly assign them.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 31st, 2016, 07:01 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I don't remember the final result in my game against @GeneralRolando ; perhaps he does. I don't think I lost many figures there.
I think at the end of the game I had 5 wounds on your planeswalker but that was it. I was trying to attack just her because I assumed my Fen Hydras could last the rest of your army, but las, Even with the 8 damage I dealt (I think) to her she didn't fall.
Old March 17th, 2017, 06:26 PM

Isak is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
3 spells per turn with no extra restriction is a decent amount to work with. Without a color restriction I see this in future: +3/+3 -> Move unit 5 spaces -> Add 3 wounds to unit adjacent to one of yours -> Then attack normally for the kill D=

I've already mentioned before that I'm afraid of the game becoming "snipe the king."
When I've combined the two games we used the AotP like their rules stated, but still had all our heroscape units out. This added a lot of strategy with the planeswalkers but kept killing a planeswalker from being instant defeat. We also didn't use order markers.
Old March 17th, 2017, 08:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

There are many of us that have played both of them together but many would argue that taking the order markers out of Heroscape makes it not heroscape. Also, there are quite a few units that rely on order markers. Here's a tried and tested Document for using them both together. https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53350

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 23rd, 2018, 05:09 AM

Gairian1974 Woo who?

I had another post awhile back, and I do not believe any of the "Planswalkers" would fallow under the Generals in Heroscape per say.

This is my reasoning why, having played Magic since "Alpha, Antiquities, and Arabian Knights" yes I am old.

I beleave each of the Val. Generals is in fact a "Planswalker in of them Selves." The only diferance is the Generals Choose to stay primarily in there "Home Plain" where as the AotP , Planeswalkers move freely between the various different planes of the MTG mythologie witch now, would include thouse of the Heroscape Mythologies.

So to the "Generals (Planswalkers)" beleave there home plain is the "of foremost importance" where as the AotP "Planswalkers (Generals)" see it as just another Plain, no differant from "the Plains of Innistrad, Zenikar, Nixx, or any of the others .

So interrelations between the Generals and Plainswalkers go's from "serving under" to "allies of" so any of the. Val. Generals can ally with any of the Planswalkers, however there is still the concept of common goals and perceived Methods
(Obviously not all the Val. Generals would be "Ok" with necromancer's reanimation of ths fallen warriors.)

So a 500 to 750 point group, would have to be devided between the Heroscape units and the AotP Planswalker there Summoned Monstets and Spellcards
Old May 23rd, 2018, 05:17 AM

Gairian1974 Woo who?

Amd if you play under the concept of alliance, simply have each side use boath types inside there points cost.

This might be a "simple" means to a balanced battle, and expands the player base for both games, Once i started playing AotP, it got me intrested in Heroscape, I now have a bit of both games and look forward to getting additonal Heroscape units. That I can play with both.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 11:21 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
There are many of us that have played both of them together but many would argue that taking the order markers out of Heroscape makes it not heroscape. Also, there are quite a few units that rely on order markers. Here's a tried and tested Document for using them both together. https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53350
@Gairian1974 . Did you check out this link for the document I posted. I think it covers what your saying pretty well and lets the games flow ok.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender