Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old January 7th, 2018, 02:16 AM

Sir Torin Brokenshield! Woo who?
Re: Bigga Battle Chronicles

Awesome Bigga!!! Hey did we ever go toe to toe at the jingle bell bash?
Old January 7th, 2018, 12:17 PM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker

Excellent reports! Fun, easy to follow and well worth the read.
Old January 8th, 2018, 04:08 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Torin Brokenshield! View Post
Awesome Bigga!!! Hey did we ever go toe to toe at the jingle bell bash?
Yeah, we did. That report should be finished soon. I just haven't had wifi available at my apartment the past while and so uploaded these last couple really quick while I was at a friend's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEROSCAPERMTL View Post
Excellent reports! Fun, easy to follow and well worth the read.
Thanks so much for that big compliment! I'm glad you're enjoying them and hope I can keep improving!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old January 8th, 2018, 04:31 PM

Sir Torin Brokenshield! Woo who?

Can't wait to read them!
Old January 10th, 2018, 08:41 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Jingle Bell Bash

Bigga Battle Report

I had a ton of ideas for this format (Bring Two, 320 Points), but none of them were really sticking out to me as something I wanted to play. Eventually I decided that if I wanted to play better armies, I would do Warriors of Ashra x4 and Asterios as my first army, and Goblin Cutters x3 and Sgt Drake v2 as my second army, giving me a good option against both range and melee armies, and giving me two armies that could beat each other (I think). But they just weren’t seeming fun enough to me. Instead, I went with a couple armies more on the fun side of things:

Army 1
M-43 Resistance Fighters x3 65 (195)
Jarek Guy 100
Marcu Essenwein 20
315 Points / 10 Spaces

Army 2
Kantono Daishi 120
Moriko 110
Shiori 60
Kira Jax 30
320 Points / 4 Spaces

I enjoy playing the Mariedians, even if they’re not super strong competitively. They’re easily some of my favorite figures that Custom ’Scape has produced. I also really enjoy playing the Ninjas, and ran them in a tournament earlier this year, so I was hesitant to run them again, but they’re just really fun and that’s what I really wanted to go for this time.

Game 1
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4
Spoiler Alert!

Game 5
Spoiler Alert!

Game 6
Spoiler Alert!

Game 7
Spoiler Alert!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; January 11th, 2018 at 01:06 AM.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 03:32 PM

Utah Monthly - January 2018 - Standard 500

A new year, a new season of Monthlies, and I was ready to start things off strong with some of the worst units out there: the Grok Riders! I was first thinking of running:

Roman Legionnaires x3
Ne-Gok-Sa
Me-Burq-Sa
Raelin RotV
Grok Riders x1

I thought this one would be decent, using Romans to move up the Warlords while plodding forward in Raelin’s aura. NGS grabs a glyph, MBS shoots stuff, and Groks are ready to flank and strike at a key target when needed. But I also didn’t want to play so campy (and had plans for another Roman army I want to use later). So I decided on:

Grok Riders x2
Ne-Gok-Sa
Me-Burq-Sa
Krav Maga Agents

Not something I was ecstatic about, but it looked fun, even if it didn’t feel like it would win anything. But then Sir Heroscape announced a tournament and looking at its maps and point total, I decided that Groks would work much better there. So we’ll table that battle report. For now, we have the runner up!

BiggaBullfrog’s Army:
Runa 120
Minions of Utgar x2 110 (220)
Airborne Elite 110
Marro Warriors 50
500 Points/15 Figures

I’ve been poking around the old Unit Strategy Reviews (an awesome resource if you haven’t read them - check them out!) and one that has always stuck out to me is Runa’s. The army that killercactus recommended for her came out to exactly 500 points (the one above), so I decided to give it a run. Simple as that. Note: this was my first time playing Runa probably ever. I may have played her once when I first got her, which would be about 10 years ago. But hey, I’d never played Thanos before I took him to NHSD, so what could go wrong?

Game 1
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4
Spoiler Alert!

I was pretty pleased with this little army in the end. None of my opponents were as afraid of Runa as I thought they would be, but that’s probably because they had never been exposed to her (I don’t think any of them knew what she did) and thus didn’t have any nightmare games where she decimated an army to refer to. But it was fun to use a figure I hadn’t for a long time, if at all (I really have no recollection if I’d played her before). It’s a nice, flexible army I’d recommend to anyone looking for a few fun games.

10 Points Under Videos

Old May 15th, 2018, 07:33 PM

It’s been a while! I’ve been keeping notes for battle reports and have been putting them together here and there for a while, but I’ve finally found the time to actually start to finish them. It’s been a while since this first one happened, though, so forgive any hazy details!

Idaho Tourney - Standard 530

I’ve been on a kick of wanting to try different units out. I’d already decided last month to use Grok Riders to see if I can grok them, but when the format and maps for this tournament were announced, I decided they would probably have a better showing here.

BiggaBullfrog’s Army:
Grok Riders x2 130 (260)
Ne-Gok-Sa 90
Me-Burq-Sa 50
Raelin RotV 80
Marro Warriors 50
530 Points/13 Figures

Basically, as I was getting ready for the tourney and I was thinking about the army, I could not see myself winning any battles unless something weird happened. Raelin makes everything better but Groks just cost so much per figure. But I was committed. I figured I could bring opponents in with Marro Warriors and MBS until I was ready to hit them hard with Groks still in Raelin’s aura. I hate campy tactics like that but that’s all I had with this army, so I was willing to try.

Best part, though, was when we played some practice games the night before at Sir Heroscape’s house. When I pulled out my army, the looks on @antmarchinggroves , @Flash_19 , and @Sir Heroscape ’s faces were priceless. The best “wut?” faces. It was worth it just for that.

Game 1
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4
Spoiler Alert!

10 Points Under Videos

Old May 15th, 2018, 08:20 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

It was indeed an epic game. My favorite one of the evening. Im glad you posted a play by play.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 18th, 2018, 04:15 PM

Utah Monthly - March 2018 - Playtesting 440

This Monthly was unique for two reasons, both having to do with playtesting. First off, we were playing on maps that had made the Top 10 in the most recent ARV map contest. Second, we were allowing units in the C3V’s Public Playtesting forum to be used. Now, I playtest a bunch, and I’m a fan, but since there were so many other players signing up for playtesting units, I decided to instead play an army good to playtest against, and good to get a feel for maps with.

BiggaBullfrog’s Army:
Tornak 100
Hrognak 65
Nerak 50
Blade Gruts x4 40 (160)
Brute Gruts 65
435 Points/23 Figures

Orcs! I’m a big fan of orcs, and Heavy Gruts are my second favorite squad. But I’ve played those guys in a tournament twice already, so I sacrificed their solid stats for mobility with Blade Gruts, which are really fun in their own right. Then I just piled on Champions and some Brute Gruts (who I play tested during their time and thus knew their high power level) for good measure, and I had a solid, mostly melee army that would make for some fun games. I knew I would have numbers and mobility on my side in most if not every game, which leads to good map control, and that’s how I usually like to win my games, so I was ready to rumble.

Game 1
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4
Spoiler Alert!

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; May 18th, 2018 at 05:32 PM.
Old May 18th, 2018, 05:17 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Huh. I didn't realize one of my maps had been used at the Idaho tournament. Cool!

(also I love reading your reports in general, so keep it up )
Old May 18th, 2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
It was indeed an epic game. My favorite one of the evening. Im glad you posted a play by play.
It was my favorite too! One of the swingiest and most fun games I've played!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Huh. I didn't realize one of my maps had been used at the Idaho tournament. Cool!

(also I love reading your reports in general, so keep it up )
It was a fun map! I've got several more of yours on my list of maps to try out between ARV tests. And thanks for the compliment, it means a lot!

10 Points Under Videos

Old May 23rd, 2018, 10:52 AM

Utah Monthly - April 2018 - Half Heroes 500

This month gave me a good chance to try out the monks, a hero army (I like the challenge of hero armies) that I’d been looking forward to using. However, once I realized that everyone else would be guaranteed to have at least 250 points of unique heroes in their army, I decided to troll them all with one of my favorite figures instead.

BiggaBullfrog’s Army:
Werewolf Lord x2 140 (280)
Wolves of Badru x2 80 (160)
Samuel Brown 60
Total: 500 Points/9 Figures

The Werewolf Lord is just a fun figure. Why worry about making my own synergistic army when I can just focus on ruining everybody else’s? Monks, Ninjas, Elf Wizards, Bonding Armies, all ruined by Lycanthropy, and any strong heroes become secret agents I use to destroy their own armies. It’s not a very competitive army, but I just wanted to mess with my opponent’s armies a bunch, have fun, and that would be a win in my book.

Game 1
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4
Spoiler Alert!

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports