Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 17th, 2018, 05:09 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post

The other day, I got to try out The Walking Dead: All Out War. I'd played once at a convention in February, but we stumbled through the rules there, so this was my first proper play. We did a small 100-point skirmish with two characters each. I had a huge lead early due to some zombie combat on my opponent's side but it was close in the end. I don't think I'll ever buy this game but I'm excited to get more into it with some of my game group.

This is a great game Scapemage! I have a lot painted, and some cool buildings and game mats for TWD.
I second this. Man you have to do a larger game with a handful of characters with guns. It brings it to a new level. Im yet to paint my wd stuff yet because of my massive que of figures to paint.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 23rd, 2018, 06:39 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I've found a recent liking toward 2-player games ever since 7 Wonders: Duel entered my gaming sphere in November.

Highly recommend Tash-Kalar By Vlaada
And of course Crystal Clans by our very own Colby aka Truth with others.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 10:00 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Quote:
I've found a recent liking toward 2-player games ever since 7 Wonders: Duel entered my gaming sphere in November.

Highly recommend Tash-Kalar By Vlaada
And of course Crystal Clans by our very own Colby aka Truth with others.
Tash-Kalar has never really appealed to me, but Crystal Clans seems really cool. I stopped buying every PlaidHatGame a while ago, but I always have faith in their releases.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 1st, 2018, 09:13 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"Excelsior!" (Ever Upward)
--Stan Lee, New York State motto

Lately I've been solitairing and then playing newly purchased games Alien Uprising and The Godfather: Corleone's Empire face to face once each so far. I've also solitaired Quartermaster General 1914 , and should be playing it face to face soon!

So far all are great, and I am happy with my purchasing decisions. I've done some custom player aids for the first two, and lots of further research on boadgamegeek for FAQs and etc. for all three, as I usually do.

I also started painting 54mm miniatures again for the first time in many months in anticipation of restarting my tabletop battles on the Crimean War (six done so far and and least three more to go). It took me years to get the rare plastic figures for the historically correct Russian unit I'm working on--the only ones ever made for this historical conflict (1854-6), made in St. Petersburg!
Old June 4th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Got a chance to hang out with @Raider30 the this last weekend and got some gaming in!

Maximum Apocalypse X 2
This is a great game. The tiles, scavenging mechanics, the unique characters and decks, plus the monster sticking with you make for some great decisions and fun game play.

Fire Team Zero x 2
We lost both times we played this. I like minis, I like rolling dice, but this game felt like there was too much randomness. Of course I might just be saying that because I lost twice... I liked the heroes and their game play and the theme, but struggled with how the monsters and random events could just change everything.

Aeon's End x 2
Another in the long list of deck builders. I really like the theme, variety, and non-shuffling!! These games always seem to be a close win or loss.

Warfighter x 2
The first game we got overwhelmed by the Germans early and just couldn't quite get to the objective. In the second game we brought more firepower and were able to win pretty easily.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 7th, 2018, 06:51 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

New week, New Games being Played. Euro Edition!
Thoroughly been enjoying some games of Concordia love how heavy the game is in strategy but so light on rules.

As for probably the heaviest game I've played to date ( at least rules-wise) Great Western Trail , It drips in theme, and I am absolutely crazy about it after just one play so far.

It runs a little long but the way the game ends always makes me want more and player count never seems to effect the time to much. One thing I've realized about getting others into heavier types of games is How you teach it can heavily effect the joy a person has and likelihood of realizing That they can handle heavy games. Preparing before by reading the rules and forming a way to teach them is so very important. A good analogy would be having to preform a speech in front of people. Just winging it is no fun for anyone and leads to stumbling, practicing what you say, and editing what rules you introduce at what time cannot be over exaggerated.

Love the game, the theme, and the mechanics.

And last but not least probably my favorite game to date
Altiplano
I cannot hype this bag builder up enough, the Andes Mountains theme is very interesting and I feel fits well. It does run long and has almost no player interaction. The thing is the art is wonderful, I connect with the theme, and the main mechanic I am just in awe over. I never thought I would like this so much. So glad I took a shot on this derpy looking Alpaca on the box cover. This has constantly been getting plays ( I think my group is on game 11) and for a game that can feel a little wrong this impresses the h*** outta me. Highly recommend all three of these games. If they sound interesting do a little research maybe read a rule book and enjoy.

~Shades Out.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 8th, 2018, 11:56 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I'm not sure if anyone here plays Android Netrunner by FFG, but FFG just announced that the license is up and they will no longer be selling any Netrunner products come October.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...8/jacking-out/

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 8th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I'm not sure if anyone here plays Android Netrunner by FFG, but FFG just announced that the license is up and they will no longer be selling any Netrunner products come October.

I never got into it, but it's been on my "list of games to try someday" for years now. Richard Garfield makes good stuff.

Did you play competitively? I'm thinking about picking up the revised core set to begin with.
Old June 8th, 2018, 06:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:

I never got into it, but it's been on my "list of games to try someday" for years now. Richard Garfield makes good stuff.

Did you play competitively? I'm thinking about picking up the revised core set to begin with.
I didn’t play competitively, only casually a few times about 4 years ago. I ended up selling what I had because I already had the Lord of the Rings LCG and didn't feel like committing to another one with a lot of releases to keep up with. Plus, I didn't have someone to play it with steadily to get good at it. But it is a real good game.

The problem with getting into it now, is that it seems like people are going to be at the mercy of whatever is currently available, because it's not going to be produced anymore or sold by FFG after October. So you could get into it, but may not be able to get everything for it. Though you may be able to get enough to have fun, as there is a lot released.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 18th, 2018, 10:56 AM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Father's Day Family Gaming:

Bang! the Dice Game
LotR LCG x 2
Sheriff of Nottingham
Drakon
King of Tokyo
Marvel Codenames x 2

Not my favorite games (except LotR), but just fun to get the whole family together to play some games.

Old June 18th, 2018, 07:38 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post

Bang! the Dice Game
LotR LCG x 2
Sheriff of Nottingham
Drakon
King of Tokyo
Marvel Codenames x 2

Not my favorite games (except LotR), but just fun to get the whole family together to play some games.
I've been playing a lot of Lord of the Rings lately myself! I just started soloing the game since I'm not around a lot of people this week. I've been having incredible difficulty with some scenarios. I built six different decks and have lately struggled to see hope of a win in A Journey to Rhosgobel or The Tower of Cirith Ungol (from A Mountain of Fire).

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 18th, 2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post

Bang! the Dice Game
LotR LCG x 2
Sheriff of Nottingham
Drakon
King of Tokyo
Marvel Codenames x 2

I've been playing a lot of Lord of the Rings lately myself! I just started soloing the game since I'm not around a lot of people this week. I've been having incredible difficulty with some scenarios. I built six different decks and have lately struggled to see hope of a win in A Journey to Rhosgobel or The Tower of Cirith Ungol (from A Mountain of Fire).
I’m a huge lotr lcg fan. It’s my go to solo game. I have a very fun Leadership Eomer deck I’ve been enjoying as of late. Also the new Dale stuff looks quite intriguing. Also looking forward to playing the Gen Con quest this year with @lonewolf , as we always do.

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; June 18th, 2018 at 09:21 PM. Reason: We were the first to take down Smaug back in the day

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games