Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old June 21st, 2017, 08:29 PM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker
Re: Blood & Plunder

I still haven't painted all the minis from the last kickstarter.(got close to 160 figs and two sloops) plus I have the dark souls game to paint and the Tmnt game to paint and will be getting the evil dead game to paint plus the random Imperial assault figs we pick up here and there. I work 10+ hours a day Monday-Friday and on top of that I have three kids so my gaming/painting time is allot less then what I'd like it to be. that said I do share this hobby with my brother and he just started getting into painting, so that helps increase the cost but at least its split right?
Old June 21st, 2017, 08:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I think our eyes are bigger than our stomach, like when I used to load up my plate with more food than I should eat

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 21st, 2017, 08:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Are the figures for Blood and Plunder already assembled or do you have to glue them together?

I think I remember from Adepticon that the ships didn't come with sails.

Old June 21st, 2017, 09:06 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Wow. Just checking this out now; if I had the time and money this would be a no-brainer for me. Very cool. Alas, X-Wing has drained my pockets too much.
Old June 21st, 2017, 09:37 PM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker

Figs are assembled. ships need to have their masts and sails assembled. you really just need the rule book to play. if you have a deck of cards some D10s and figures you'll be fine. you can get Reference sheets from the download section and just proxie whatever units you like. I highly recommend this game!
Old June 21st, 2017, 09:54 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Controler View Post
Figs are assembled. ships need to have their masts and sails assembled. you really just need the rule book to play. if you have a deck of cards some D10s and figures you'll be fine. you can get Reference sheets from the download section and just proxie whatever units you like. I highly recommend this game!
Wow, thanks for the information! I'll definitely consider that; while I don't have much in the way of that era of units, I'm sure I can find some suitable proxies for now.

Big problem with buying the starter sets is that I play almost exclusively with my father, so I'd need two to even begin. It doubles the cost for any of these styles of games for me.
Old May 12th, 2018, 06:22 PM

I will be running demos of Blood and Plunder at Feed the Dragon Game Day Food Drive in Mandan North Dakota.https://www.facebook.com/events/1738...tive_tab=about
I now most of you are not nearby but in case you are come by and say hello and play a few games for a good cause.
Old May 12th, 2018, 07:19 PM
Prickly Cactus

Wish I was nearby to play this. I have really been interested in this game since first seeing it at Adepticon in 2017 and again this year. I've also watched several videos of it being played on Beasts of War YouTube channel.

I have way too many systems at the moment, but someday I hope to get into Blood and Plunder.

Old May 12th, 2018, 10:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Having so many pirate minis from rum and bones and dabbling in some ships builds, it might be worth checking this one out. I already have a 4x4 gaming table with water on one side. Off to check prices on the game manual.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 13th, 2018, 12:24 AM
Prickly Cactus

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/sear...d+and+plunder+

The rulebook isn't cheap, but doable. And they use cards to determine certain initiative and actions, but they aren't just plain playing cards, as they have some stuff on them. They have different decks for different nations, but I don't know if they are nation specific/different, or just the art on the cards are different. The ships have a specific template for moving that lines up to a certain point on the side of the hull. Not sure where the template is sold.

Also, I believe you have to have cards for the different types of units and that is sold in a set. Not quite at all Frostgrave, as there is more actual product you have to by besides just the rulebook. But having a tropical board is certainly a plus! That's part of why I ordered the neoprene water mat from Frontline Gaming when they had it on sale a little while ago. It's 4x4 and I can put island terrain on it, have it partially under a 6x4 desert mat to have a beach or have it for open sea battle. Got it for Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago, The Drowned Earth and maybe some day, Blood and Plunder.

Old May 13th, 2018, 01:12 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
https://www.miniaturemarket.com/sear...d+and+plunder+

The rulebook isn't cheap, but doable. And they use cards to determine certain initiative and actions, but they aren't just plain playing cards, as they have some stuff on them. They have different decks for different nations, but I don't know if they are nation specific/different, or just the art on the cards are different. The ships have a specific template for moving that lines up to a certain point on the side of the hull. Not sure where the template is sold.

Also, I believe you have to have cards for the different types of units and that is sold in a set. Not quite at all Frostgrave, as there is more actual product you have to by besides just the rulebook. But having a tropical board is certainly a plus! That's part of why I ordered the neoprene water mat from Frontline Gaming when they had it on sale a little while ago. It's 4x4 and I can put island terrain on it, have it partially under a 6x4 desert mat to have a beach or have it for open sea battle. Got it for Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago, The Drowned Earth and maybe some day, Blood and Plunder.
As I looked more into it I noticed the special dice, activation cards and rules for the ships that use a template of such. One of my other ideas for terrain that i'd seen done was building big ships out of different types of foam. I thought that was awesome and wanted an excuse to do it. You're right though. There is a bit more to it than having a sweet battlefield and hundreds of pirate miniatures. Seeing some play throughs of it on youtube has helped me to hold off on that one. Even though I will probably still make some cool ships. I have been speed painting and priming loads of models. I primed a few hundred the other night and have painted close to 40 in the last few days. My latest set that need some quickshade and a matte coat were my sea monster expansion for Rum and Bones 2nd tide. Also just finished up my KS exclusive Davy Jones and Tinkerbell figures. I have my old stormtroopers/snowtroopers/wampas in a bottle of Dot 3 brake fluid at the moment to let me have a do-over on those early paint jobs from a few years back.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 13th, 2018, 02:06 AM

Honestly you just need the rule book if you already have figures. the initiative decks are just standard playing cards with the rules printed on them for how many actions a unit gets and the factions on the cards are just for flavor but you can use a standard deck and just glance at a QRS. dice are just D10's and other dice are just markers for reloads, fatigue, prone, activated, etc. so anything to mark them would work especialy D6. I have built two ships out of 1/2' foam, stir sticks, cereal box, and foam board using the size listed on their website as a reference. unit cards are not needed, they do have all the info for the units on them but it's all in the rule book anyways. ship movement templates are a free download from the website. http://www.firelockgames.com/
there are also unit reference cards and you can get the ship card from the gallery in the shop.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures