Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old April 7th, 2018, 12:01 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Wanted to share this again from my facebook post. I took a box of Frostgrave Cultists, which has 20 bodies in it to make 20 unique cultists for your warband. But the sprues have so much potential for not only making more figures but using the accessories to customize other miniatures. I looked over the sprues to see what components it had. It had enough bodies for 20, enough arms for 40 and enough heads for at least 60. I've done two part molds in the past with instant mold and greenstuff. Using just the bodies on the sprues it was quite easy to make the bodies for a very small price point. I used roughly 5 dollars worth of greenstuff to make 20 bodies. I don't like to mold the smaller things such as arms or weapons individually, but wanted to make the most out of the sprue components. I was able to turn a box of 20 figures into a set of 40 figures, and not only do that but accent a handful of other minatures such as heroclix to make into various wizards and such. I still have quite a few heads but used everything else in the sprues. Here are some shots with me almost completely done. Im done making all 40 figures now, but very cool anyways. I'll be doing the same thing with the snakemen I'll get and the one bonus sprue of GA crewmen. Here are some pictures.

As you can see, the results are pretty good because the hardest bits to mold aren't needed, only the bodies.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 7th, 2018, 01:59 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's really cool! How do you make the molds and what's the complete process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 7th, 2018, 03:44 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
That's really cool! How do you make the molds and what's the complete process?
It kinda sucks cause I had the entire process in my mod thread when I cloned Zombies of morindan, Shaolin Monks, Gladiatrons, and Armoc Vipers. I even did some of the more expensive starwars figures from WOTC. Photobucket screwed all my picture tutorials over and I couldn't get them back because I've used Mediafire for so long and no longer had access to that photobucket account. Its basically called a two part sandwhich mold.
Basically this:

or this

You cant put too much greenstuff or miliput in the mold or you'll have big mold lines or fat figurines. It doesn't matter as much with what I did with the cultists because you glue the heads, arms, and accessories onto the body anyway. You also have to trim off the flashing with a exacto knife. Not a bad way to double your figure count from those awesome sprues.

Old April 7th, 2018, 08:05 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool stuff Trex! Though.... I don't need any "more" figures to paint

Lots of Star Wars Legion in the works. I have one core set assembled and primed, with the 2 speeder bikes done except for the base. I still have the other core set I haven't opened yet, 2 airspeeders and one AT-ST. So it may be my main project for the next couple months.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; April 7th, 2018 at 09:32 PM.
Old April 8th, 2018, 02:10 PM
"like" happy

@Hahma , I just picked up some of those tiny terrain jersey barriers on miniaturemarket along with the miles behind us expansion and the behind bars expansion. I wasn't sure before but there was a mantic point in my terrain expansion leaving me only 1 pt away from old abraham. I also picked up the tiny terrain seer stone and the cauldron for frostgrave games. The speeder bike troopers turned out great. I am still working on my table full of towers. I did have a question that we were wondering about all out war. From the way I read the rules it seems you can't go up to a walker and attack it. Action phase you can go up to a walker running it will come and attack you. you can sneak up on it then in the event phase walkers attack the closest thing in their killzone. Walkers dont defend and always attack so how are you supposed to attack a walker in melee if they are still standing? I must be missing something. If you could help me understand the rules a little more clearly I'm sure the game would be much more fun. The rulebook is no frostgrave manual. I'd give the rulebook a 3 out of 5. The info seems to be in there but you have to dig for it and the index or table of contents isnt terribly helpful. I just cant see why you couldnt sneak up on a walker and bash in its face. I'm almost sure you can but cant find it in the book.

Also on the frostgrave cultists, I don't any more figures either but can't help myself when trying to use all of the animal(sprue). Now I just have 40 more figures to paint. I'm nuts.
@quozl , do those videos help? I found the second one years ago when I started making copies of the more expensive scape figures I wanted more of, or the ones I wanted hordes of.

Old April 8th, 2018, 02:49 PM
"like" happy

After looking through the book again im thinking both models or groups can attack? Walkers only attack but that doesnt mean the survivor cant attack as well. Just improves their odds of survival if some defend. Right?

Old April 8th, 2018, 03:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

TWD isn't like Frostgrave or other games where you use an action to attack in melee. You would use a shoot action to use a ranged weapon against a standing walker or enemy survivor. But melee happens automatically during the melee phase. So any enemies in base contact during the melee phase will have a melee fight.

If it's one of your survivors and a walker in base contact during the melee phase, you have a melee fight with them. Before that fight, you decide if you are going to attack or defend. The walker will always attack while standing. So if you are defending, you roll your defense die/dice and include any bonuses for armor or whatever. If you are attacking, you roll your attack die/dice plus any extra from weapons. Some survivor abilities or keywords with certain weapons allow for a reroll or whatever.

Same vs enemy survivor when playing vs. Melee happens in the melee phase for all models in base contact.

Also, once you are engaged with an enemy (walker or enemy survivor) you can't do any actions. So if you mover into base contact with an enemy as your first action, your turn is over because you can't use another action because you're engaged in base contact.

Old April 8th, 2018, 03:52 PM
"like" happy

Thanks @Hahma . I got most of it right I just wasnt clear on both models attacking and thought one had to defend. But not the case. That first game we just defended against the walkers and did knock them down. That will be much better. I actually didnt mind the 2x2 playing area either. My bro in law will be much more excited to play our second game. Like I said before, I got so excited I just dropped another 80 bucks on it in expansions.

Old April 8th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

Wow! I guess you did like it @TREX

Just go over the rules a few times. They aren't too bad really. Stuff like you not being able to take actions if you are engaged is in the Actions section I believe, not the melee section. So I had to double check early on for a few things, but then it was pretty easy. The reference in the back of the rulebook helps a lot in keeping track of the phases and other things.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Though, I only have the core set, the Days Gone By expansion and the Prelude to Woodbury solo set, plus boosters. Each expansion seems to offer some new rules, so I can't help with anything after Days Gone By

Old April 8th, 2018, 10:02 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

Just go over the rules a few times. They aren't too bad really. Stuff like you not being able to take actions if you are engaged is in the Actions section I believe, not the melee section. So I had to double check early on for a few things, but then it was pretty easy. The reference in the back of the rulebook helps a lot in keeping track of the phases and other things.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Though, I only have the core set, the Days Gone By expansion and the Prelude to Woodbury solo set, plus boosters. Each expansion seems to offer some new rules, so I can't help with anything after Days Gone By
Yeah. I told my bro in law what was missing and he was stoked to play again. Ill be doing a game day on the 21st with some of our fellow scapers from idaho. One of them wants to try this one so I really want to at least get the survivors painted. We will be playing a heroscape game and some other games quite possibly. I want to show them frostgrave as well. I found one of the characters has a mechanic ability and wasnt sure about that yet.
So far I have
Walking dead core set
Days gone by booster
Prelude to woodberry set
Scenery booster
Glenn booster
Negan booster
Maggie booster
Morgan booster
Tyrese booster
In the mail by next week
Behind bars prison booster
Miles behind us booster
Then Ill get the abraham exclusive
Pretty exciting.
Im going to have to thank you again for sharing all your cool playthroughs and pictures and for being awesome. I wouldnt have checked out all this awesome stuff if ot for your influence. I enjoy these skirmish wargames more than any others nowdays. I look forward to seeing your legion stuff. Im pretty jealous that you got to meet glenn. By far my favorite character of the show. Daryl, Rick, and Abraham are cool too but my favorite is glenn.

Old April 8th, 2018, 11:53 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Also on the frostgrave cultists, I don't any more figures either but can't help myself when trying to use all of the animal(sprue). Now I just have 40 more figures to paint. I'm nuts.
@quozl , do those videos help? I found the second one years ago when I started making copies of the more expensive scape figures I wanted more of, or the ones I wanted hordes of.
That's really cool! You know, you could just sell off those extra cultists to fellow Frostgrave fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 9th, 2018, 12:04 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

Yeah. I told my bro in law what was missing and he was stoked to play again. Ill be doing a game day on the 21st with some of our fellow scapers from idaho. One of them wants to try this one so I really want to at least get the survivors painted. We will be playing a heroscape game and some other games quite possibly. I want to show them frostgrave as well. I found one of the characters has a mechanic ability and wasnt sure about that yet.
So far I have
Walking dead core set
Days gone by booster
Prelude to woodberry set
Scenery booster
Glenn booster
Negan booster
Maggie booster
Morgan booster
Tyrese booster
In the mail by next week
Behind bars prison booster
Miles behind us booster
Then Ill get the abraham exclusive
Pretty exciting.
Im going to have to thank you again for sharing all your cool playthroughs and pictures and for being awesome. I wouldnt have checked out all this awesome stuff if ot for your influence. I enjoy these skirmish wargames more than any others nowdays. I look forward to seeing your legion stuff. Im pretty jealous that you got to meet glenn. By far my favorite character of the show. Daryl, Rick, and Abraham are cool too but my favorite is glenn.
Well, I'm glad to have helped get you into these types of games. I've stopped buying board games, because tabletop miniatures is my passion. My group will keep getting new board games that I will get to at least try, so I figure why keep buying ones that others will get? I don't feel like trying to keep up with them, so I'll just put my gaming money toward tabletop minis stuff. Besides, I do enjoy the hobby aspect a lot. The building, painting, basing etc. That in itself is half the fun for me anymore.

I'm jealous of all TWD stuff you'll have I will have to get more later on sometime, but I have enough to have fun with for now, and other systems I have to get painted and played. Aside from Legion, I have 29 Infinity models looking angrily at me, as they've been primed and based for quite awhile. But I have recently found out that there's a guy in my town that is interested in getting into Infinity, as well as my way too busy right now buddy Chris. So at some point, I will need to get those painted and try to get some learning games in with the starter rules that came in the Operation Icestorm set. The main rulebook is quite involved, as it's one of the more in depth games around.

Yeah, Glenn was cool. I will have to watch the series again someday.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures