Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 9th, 2006, 11:21 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Dund. Whats up with him?

I have a dund. i have never used him. i have never seen a purpose for him. the only time i can see him being useful is in the end of the game where you're down to 1 or 2 cards.

anyone use him and like him?
Old May 9th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
He is a balance for common-heavy armies. I've never used him either since there are so many other good choices he just doesn't make the cut.

Newb.
Old May 9th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Dund may be the ONLY HS figure I've NEVER played!

Or MAY never play!

Recent Games Played:
Old May 9th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
I've only seen him used once, and getting off his order-marker-swiping stare to boot, but would probably never use him myself. Well, maybe after I use the gorillanators first.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old May 9th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It would be an interesting twist if he had bonding with some other unit. Freeze a target with Dund and then attack the frozen unit with the bonded unit. No reprisal from the attacked unit (except for Counterstrike.)

Newb.
Old May 9th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I LOVE using themed armies. When I do all Vydar I use him, and I find him to be worth his points.
Old May 9th, 2006, 12:25 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
I LOVE using themed armies. When I do all Vydar I use him, and I find him to be worth his points.
This is about the only time I have used him, in an all Vydar army. I have had some success with him and he has actually been the last figure on the board in games I have played. I have only successfully gazed twice.

It is hard to say what the biggest problem with him is: His special is pretty limiting because it is before moving. He has low life but nice defense, but he is 110pts. He has good movement and his size can tie up a few units.

When you compare him to a hero that is popular like Agent Carr or Sgt. Drake , you look at what they do and what they cost...

Dund definitely leaves you scratching your head a bit. I chalk it up to being highly specialized. He won’t see much action but he does have some use.
Old May 9th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I love themed games, too.

Here is a description of one such game that I posted over on the HeroScape forum of Boradgamegeek.

The Great Marro Rebellion

When word of the discovery of the Arena of Loki reached the Marro warrens there was great excitement among the denizens of melting flesh. The rumors spoke of a glyph, The Glyph of Sturla, located at the center of a snowy plateau. This glyph, so it was said, would revive the dead. The Marro wanted that glyph.

Of course, they did not understand the power of the glyph. The Marro thought that it would bring constant revival and resurrection to their forces. They did not know it would revive only one great hero, but they thought it would be the source of immortality and therefore unending victory to their troops. That misunderstanding led them to take the risk of rebellion, declaring themselves the enemies and superiors not only of all the other realms, but even proclaiming themselves free from the rule of their master Utgar. Once they gathered their forces, rousing all the Marro to the beat of the war drums, they launched at attack upon the Arena of Loki in quest of the Glyph of Sturla.

It was a great army that the Marro raised. Su-Bak-Na, the tricky Hivelord, was acknowledged as the leader of this creeping army, a pack of Marrden Hounds clustered close around the skeletal legs of their Hivelord?s dragon. Nine Marro Drones and nine Marro Warriors formed the body of the army. Me-Burq-Sa, with his paralyzing stare rode the flank; and three clones of Ne-Gok-Sa formed the vanguard of the army, ready to shackle the minds of their enemies.

Other forces of Utgar and a handful of recruits from Ullar rose up to oppose the wild Marro. There were great heroes in the opposition: A blue Dumutef Guard on the road, Khosumet and his Anubian Wolves, a mighty Deathwalker 8000 and the troll Krug. Six arrow gruts and eight Blade Gruts were the main body of the opposition. Grimnak, upon his thunderlizard, generaled the gathered forces, and he liazioned with Syvarris who brought two squads of Venoc Vipers as scouts for the battle.

As the forces (870 vs. 865) poured onto the mythic landscape north and south of the Arena of Loki, all knew that a battle of epic proportions was soon to begin. The Marro were frantic, the Drones beginning to swarm on their side of the field. The Vipers were in a frenzy of their own in the north. Marrden Hounds went wild, spreading Marro plague, and Syvarris, a Viper having swiftly claimed a Glyph of Ivor, began to cut down the enemy with double attacks at the range of 13. Syvarris hurried, though, fearing that soon the Marro would capture the other Ivor Glyph and increase the range of Me-Burq-Sa.

Long did the battle rage and the attrition on both sides was terrible to behold. Gruts and warriors and drones were devastated, the chomping of Grimnak still echoing in the ears of the embattled witnesses. Krug, for all of his might, fell to the Hounds, taking two of them with him to the pit. The Vipers were easily wiped out, but so were the three clones of Ne-Gok-Sa, destroyed by the repeated wounds of the Deathwalker 8000. When Su-Bak-Na reached the mechanical warrior, though, his circuits ceased their vicious work.

In the end it came down to a final melee between Khosumet and his Wolves, allied with the Dumutef Guard and a wounded Syvarris, against a handful of gruts and a weakened Su-Bak-Na. The arrows of Syvarris kept all away from the Glyph of Sturla. No Marro heroes were brought back to rejoin the fight. The Wolves unleashed their fury and the rest of the gruts fell. Su-Bak-Na ended the life of Syvarris and then destroyed the Dumutef Guard. But in the end the skeletal dragon and its rider were brought down by the Wolves and peace was restored to the Arena of Loki. Khosumet, familiar with the realms of death as well as the world of light and the earth between, considered using the Glyph of Sturla to revive some hero of the past, but then thought better of it, reserving that power for a future day of need. As night fell, the few survivors returned to their realms and the arena was silent once more.
Old May 9th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have used Dund several times. I don't draft him as much anymore. But one of the first times I had him, I summoned the hunter to the top of the hill and out of reach of the predominantly melee opponent melee army.
When a unit came within range, I would roll for the gaze. Got it on Krug before the beast could start wiping out my forces (forgot what I was using, but it was a melee unit).

I need to use Dund more often! It's just a shame he costs so much for a d20 roll like Crippling Gaze.
Old May 9th, 2006, 02:29 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
I've used him in an all-Vydar army, also.

He was GREAT against the Marro Drones. He'd freeze them and take out one or two each turn.

Of course, it was a special scenario where he managed to end up right next to the whole crowd of them, which isn't a situation that would happen very often.
Old May 9th, 2006, 02:34 PM

endpawn has disabled reputation
I like Dund he definetely has his uses. Its like reverse frenzy.
Old May 9th, 2006, 03:18 PM

Kenntak has disabled reputation
He can be useful in the end game if you keep him in reserve. At that point there are not many units left and any loss of order tokens can be crucial. The main problems with Dund is the fact that he cannot use his special after moving and you have to use the special at the beginning of the round to get the most out of it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units