Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old January 31st, 2021, 09:43 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
What are your ten favorite board games? Here are mine, not necessarily in order:

1. Heroscape
2. Magic Realm
3. Above and Below
4. Forgotten Waters
5. Star Trek Ascendancy
6. Prophecy
7. BatteLore 1st edition
8. Star Trek Fleet Captains
9. Wabbit Wampage/Wabbit's Wevenge
10. Tales of the Arabian Nights
7 Wonders Duel should be in there as well!

Old January 31st, 2021, 10:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I haven't played regular board games in a while, as I've played mostly RPGs and tabletop miniatures games over the past year or so.

But as far as my favorite board/card games, in no particular order.

Heroscape/Superheroscape
Scythe
Suburbia
Concordia
Snowdonia
Marvel Champions LCG
Coloretto
Thunder Alley
Flashpoint Fire Rescue
Guildhall

Other than that, my favorites that I actually still play are tabletop miniatures games.

Fallout Wasteland Warfare
Elder Scrolls Call to Arms
Star Wars Legion
The Walking Dead All Out War
The Drowned Earth
Rangers of Shadow Deep
Frostgrave

RPGs

DnD in person campaign on hold due to Covid

Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Edge of the Empire rpg via play by forum on board game geek. Have been playing since early May and I absolutely love it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 1st, 2021, 02:04 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

My top 10 boardgames are going to be a lot different to everyone elses' as I haven't had the opportunity to play a lot of the ones others have mentioned:

1/. Superheroscape (although i haven't had the opportunity to play it in over a year & even then it was a long time before I had played it )
2/. Scythe
3/. Black Rose Wars
4/. Raiders of the North Sea
5/. Starship Samurai
6/. Hand of Fate: Ordeals
7/. Lords of Waterdeep
8/. Orleans
9/. Smash Up
10/. Marvel Champions LCG (probably would be higher but I have only got to play it once)

I noticed that nobody else has Black Rose Wars listed. If that means you haven't played it, I highly recommend it. It is a great game.
Old February 1st, 2021, 07:57 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Checks out. I have not played it (or previously heard of it).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 1st, 2021, 10:07 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Jan gaming

Pathfinder ACG - 32
Descent 2nd edition - 8
Marvel Champions - 7
5 Minute Dungeon - 5
Too Many Bones - 4
Legendary Predator - 3
LotR LCG - 2
Legendary Aliens - 2
Heroscape - 2
Dominon - 1
Citadels - 1
Marvel Legendary - 1
Aeon's End - 1
Connect 4 - 1
Altar Quest - 1
Fairy Tile - 1
Batman Love Letter - 1

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old February 1st, 2021, 06:58 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think you will enjoy it. Since I know you like deck builders. It is a bit of a few things. Deck builder, worker placement, miniatures, action programming, strategy - almost puzzle like. And the characters asymmetrical so lots of fun playing different characters. Each character even has two different starting builds to choose from. The only downside of purchasing the game is that the minis are unpainted. But some consider that a boon.
Old February 1st, 2021, 08:53 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think you will enjoy it. Since I know you like deck builders. It is a bit of a few things. Deck builder, worker placement, miniatures, action programming, strategy - almost puzzle like. And the characters asymmetrical so lots of fun playing different characters. Each character even has two different starting builds to choose from. The only downside of purchasing the game is that the minis are unpainted. But some consider that a boon.
Looks like a more complicated Wiz-War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 1st, 2021, 09:30 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
What are your ten favorite board games? Here are mine, not necessarily in order:

1. Heroscape
2. Magic Realm
3. Above and Below
4. Forgotten Waters
5. Star Trek Ascendancy
6. Prophecy
7. BatteLore 1st edition
8. Star Trek Fleet Captains
9. Wabbit Wampage/Wabbit's Wevenge
10. Tales of the Arabian Nights
Here's my top ten:

1. War of the Ring
2. Root
3. Heroscape
4. Agricola
5. Keyforge
6. Scythe
7. Dominion
8. Eclipse
9. Neuroshima Hex
10. Discworld: Ankh-Morpork

I've also been playing a lot of New York Zoo (the new game by Uwe Rosenberg) with my girlfriend, which has been really enjoyable, somewhat light but just "thinky" enough to have a fun puzzle like feel to it.
Old February 2nd, 2021, 01:21 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

I think this is probably my top 10:

1. HeroScape
2. Ashes Reborn
3. Game of Thrones LCG 2.0
4. Legend of the Five Rings LCG
5. Smash Up
6. Blood Rage
7. Star Wars Destiny
8. Inis
9. Rising Sun
10. Forbidden Stars
Old February 3rd, 2021, 01:47 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I don't rank things anymore, but here are 10 games I absolutely love

HS obviously
Battlestar Galactica
Star Wars Rebellion
Concordia
Castles of Burgundy
Cthulhu Death May Die
Valeria Card Kingdoms
Eldritch Horror
Firefly
Agricola
Horizons
Gloomhaven

I could find plenty more if I had to.
Old February 3rd, 2021, 08:49 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Sleeping Gods was supposed to arrive tomorrow but now the tracking app tells me it's coming Monday. I've been waiting since last May!

Old February 3rd, 2021, 10:38 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Sleeping Gods was supposed to arrive tomorrow but now the tracking app tells me it's coming Monday. I've been waiting since last May!
Sleeping Gods looks so cool! I've enjoyed following what Ryan's been up to ever since kickstarting the original Empires of the Void back when he was just starting out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games