Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old March 4th, 2021, 03:55 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!
Ziggo Public Playtesting

-Figure Photo
Spoiler Alert!

-text version of the card
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • Goblin Slashers: Goblin Strategic Retreat
    Spoiler Alert!
  • Elaria the Pale: Queen of Thieves
  • Morgoloth: Swarming Vermin
  • Nottingham Brigand: Rogue Hero Bonding
  • Torin: Evil Eye Protection

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • Expendable Rabble:
    • Horned Skull Brutes
    • Bugbear Basher
      Spoiler Alert!
  • Otonashi: Tricky Speed 4

Suggested R&C:
Quote:
Q: Does Environmental Suit protect against falling damage?
A: No, falling damage is not a terrain effect.

Q: How does Taunt interact with Tactical Switch?
A: If Ziggo in engaged with a Warforged Soldier, that Warforged could attempt to target another figure but then get redirected to Ziggo. In that case, that Warforged could only Tactical Switch with Ziggo. If a Warforged Soldier moves into engagement with Tactical Switch, Taunt would have no effect because Ziggo is not a legal target.

Q: What happens if, after Taunt is successful, Ziggo could no longer be targeted, such as becoming protected by Smoke Powder?
A: The attacking figure could change targets to any other legal target and would not suffer the attack dice penalty from Taunt.

Last edited by kevindola; June 14th, 2021 at 11:33 AM.
Old June 1st, 2021, 12:41 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Ziggo Public Playtesting

Ok, Tiamat and I played with Ziggo in a Nottingham Brigand build. I do not have a battle report, but wanted to put something up. We found the figure hard to play. He distracted one attack, and never used is special suit since I never attacked him with a special attack. He did bond with the Brigands, but cost just about as much as two of them. This build, or a build with Raelin, are the only two that I saw making sense. I am curious what other people have found. I could not find any good way to pair them up with the goblins that made any sense.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old June 14th, 2021, 11:18 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
Ok, Tiamat and I played with Ziggo in a Nottingham Brigand build. I do not have a battle report, but wanted to put something up. We found the figure hard to play. He distracted one attack, and never used is special suit since I never attacked him with a special attack. He did bond with the Brigands, but cost just about as much as two of them. This build, or a build with Raelin, are the only two that I saw making sense. I am curious what other people have found. I could not find any good way to pair them up with the goblins that made any sense.
Do you have a link to the game I could look at?
Old June 14th, 2021, 11:34 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

UPDATE:
Please note card power set has changed:

Environmental Suit to 12
Life to 3
Points to 45
Old June 14th, 2021, 02:18 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
Do you have a link to the game I could look at?
No, we did it in person. We will keep trying him to see. We ran him with the Brigands and he did not help much. maybe at that price he is worth not having a brigand.

Old June 14th, 2021, 02:57 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Seems like he could be nice at protecting the Brigands (with Taunt) from getting shot down by range too quickly.

Old June 14th, 2021, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Seems like he could be nice at protecting the Brigands (with Taunt) from getting shot down by range too quickly.
It was hard for Tiamat to get him in front of the brigands to take the taunt. I was shooting from range so Ziggo behind couldn't use taunt. It did work one time, but it is hard to roll. I would switch the 13 or higher to taunt instead of space suit. The taunt is what makes the figure interesting. That would also allow him to protect the goblins a little better.

Last edited by Muskie; June 14th, 2021 at 10:01 PM.
Old July 4th, 2021, 10:03 PM

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

I have a hard time finding the value. I will test this out to see what really happens. However, if he could block normal attacks with Environmental Suit, he would be a real pest. I think that would make him far more viable a figure.

Realizing this is just theoryscaping. I will test this figure out in earnest this week.
Old July 5th, 2021, 12:24 PM

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
I have a hard time finding the value. I will test this out to see what really happens. However, if he could block normal attacks with Environmental Suit, he would be a real pest. I think that would make him far more viable a figure.

Realizing this is just theoryscaping. I will test this figure out in earnest this week.
Finished a playtest:

Map: Battlefield 23 (Wannok & Dagmar)

Army 1:
Ataraxis
Skeletons of Annelintia x2
Isrka Esenwein
Rechets of Bogdan

Army 2:
Ziggo
Goblin Slashers x4
Bugbear Basher
Morgoloth

Remaining figures:
2 Goblin Slashers
2 life Morgoloth

Okay, I will concede. Ziggo earned his points. However, it was solely off of the Slashers bonding ability + his range. Still, he earned his points. The one drawback I give is neither of his abilities were utilized. Army 1 was never forced to taunt because it was a melee vs melee army. I see value in having him on a lava map and taking the high ground on lava using his Environmental Suit to keep him safe.

Ziggo was successful on half of his attacks, killing 2 skeletons and wounding Iskra. VALUE!

Would he have been as valuable against range? I don't know. The Slashers aren't really looking to be protected. And it took only one attack from a Rechet to bring down Ziggo. (in all fairness, the Rechet landed a lethal sting on him)

FWIW, Morgoloth was a fun addition to this army! I will test this very army against an army with some range and will report. I will also conduct that test on a lava map in attempt to tease out some situations where I can use his two powers.
Old July 5th, 2021, 12:56 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death!

^this is great, thank you!
Old July 8th, 2021, 01:04 PM

Map: From the Ashes

Army 1: 
Ziggo
Goblin Slashers x4

Bugbear Bashers x2

Morgoloth

Army 2: 

B-11 Resistance Corps
Arktos

Varkaanan Greyspears

Knights of Weston x2

Finn

Remaining Figures:

1 B-11
1 Knight

Tried to get a little more out of Ziggo’s abilities and it worked. I was more bullish with him on taking the high ground on hot rocks to get advantageous attacks. He blocked one wound from hot rocks with Environmental Suit and then the next round he didn’t take a wound. This is handy in these situations.

Taunt was effective as well. He succeeded on 1 of 2 rolls for taunt. He taunted an attack from a greyspear that would have been down on Morgoloth. Instead, he forced an attack up at Ziggo, taking away one attack. It was surely blocked. 

Unfortunately, he was felled by a mighty swing from the blessed blade of Finn the Viking Champion shortly thereafter.

All in all, I think he has been effective as a bonder for the gobbos in the two games I have played. I don’t think I would ever draft him outside of the Slashers army. But he’s a 45 point figure, so he isn’t really supposed to be world-changing.

I like the range he provides the goblins. I do like the environmental suit ability, after testing it on lava. I don’t know if it would be possible to alter the wording to prevent him from being destroyed by insta-kill abilities or wounds from special powers (I.e Dragon Swoop, or Poisonous Acid Breath) That would provide a bit more utility to the power. However, that may be tough to work out in text.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting