Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old January 3rd, 2019, 04:10 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (1/3/2019)

I was out of the house this past week and not able to paint, but I got back and here is my progress that I did before my trip.

I finished up Kaladrax from Reaper Miniatures. This guy was one of the last preproduction ones that Reaper still had available. He was pretty simple to paint up with 3 main colors one for the bones, the rot/skin and the horns and spikes.

This was Gunslinger by reaper miniatures. It's a metal miniature that makes an interesting kyrie miniature.

These were two free reaper minis I got for my order that I painted up. I tried to make their color schemes different and I really like the blueish steel of the one on the right that I made by mixing metallic and dark blue paint.

This one is another bugbear miniature from reaper that is a metal mini that I picked up and painted.

These two are Christmas witches from reaper miniatures that I painted up going with different colors. They're both metal minis.

This is another metal reaper mini that I painted up. It's a mindflayer pirate which I found to be an interesting concept.

Another metal reaper mini that I painted up. The plastic version will come out eventually as part of bones 4, but I didn't put in the add on she's in so I won't have to wait for over a year for it to come out in plastic.

A reaper skeleton archer that I painted up from their learn to paint kit.

Another reaper metal mini that I got and painted up.
Old January 11th, 2019, 11:43 AM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (1/11/2019)

This past week or so I've been able to make some progress painting minis.

I got some toy dragons from Michaels on black Friday for a nice discount. This was originally a blueish colored dragon that I repainted as a silver dragon for D&D.

This is a shambling mound from the Nolzur's line that was fairly easy to paint by drybrushing brown and green, and then picking out details.

These some Nolzur's Ghouls that I painted because that was one of the main types of undead I didn't have miniatures for. They were pretty quick easy to paint up.

These are some townsfolk from reaper bones that I painted up. I'm planning on adding some more townsfolk minis to my collection.

These are some mindflayers from the Nolzur's line that I painted up.

I painted up two pathfinder barbarians from the Deep Cuts line that are the equivalent of the reaper mini in the back that I previously painted, showing the difference between the two lines.

These are two Reaper mini cultists that I painted up.

These are a variety of reaper minis that I painted up, with no connecting theme between them besides they were in my paint pile
Old January 11th, 2019, 07:01 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (1/11/2019)

I have two of that dragon at the first of your post. I love your paint job. I like the colors you used. I painted the glow in the dark one up. I like your color selection you did much better than the greens I went with.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 2nd, 2019, 06:42 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (2/2/2019)

I haven't updated this thread in a while, but I've still been making more progress with painting, even though I didn't update the thread.

This is a Wizkids Beholder miniature that I painted up. I didn't glue in the eye stalks so that I can switch them out with the ones with spell effects.

This is a treant from the Wizkids line that I painted up and put some mini shrubbery to give him some leaves.

This was a dragon figure from Safari Ltd that I repainted and put on a wooden base.

This is a Reaper Mini's Minotaur Demon Lord, that I put on a double base. I was able to try out some india inks from Michael's that I know use as different brown washes.

A triceratops from the Wizkids D&D line.

two different reaper minis, one is a half orc merchant and the other is a human ranger.

These were some minis from Sword and Sorcery board game expansions that I painted up. One set was a druid with a bear form and a the other was an undead pirate.

This is a Gorgoloth from reaper miniatures that can be used to be a Aboleth from D&D. I put him on a flying base that I had because he doesn't come with it's own stand.

These are a set of Derro by Reaper miniatures. In D&D Derro are basically dwarf human hybrids, that are from the underdark.

These were some random minis that I found that are from some boardgame with aliens. They were pretty easy to paint up, and I like how they can work for a fantasy or sci-fi game.

These are some carrion crawlers that I painted up, one from wizkids, one from Reaper miniatures. I painted them up green, because I preferred their older color scheme as compared to their tannish color.

These are some Tabaxi (Cat People) from D&D that I painted up. It was fun putting in the spots on them.
Old February 2nd, 2019, 10:34 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (2/2/2019)

Great stuff as always. I know how much work goes into these. I have been busily cranking away as well but am too lazy/stretched for time to upload all my pics. Perhaps in the near future. Keep up the good work.

Old February 13th, 2019, 08:07 PM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (2/13/2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Great stuff as always. I know how much work goes into these. I have been busily cranking away as well but am too lazy/stretched for time to upload all my pics. Perhaps in the near future. Keep up the good work.
Thanks man, yeah remembering to post my progress instead of painting more can happen a bit too often. It would be super cool to see more of the stuff you paint and I like looking at the stuff you have in your thread from time to time.

Some more updates this week.

This is an Owlbear made by Reaper miniatures as part of their bones black line. Another good option for a Kozil proxy.

A Safari Ltd. Hydra that I painted up and tested my acrylic inks on. I ended up liking the results from the inks.

Some wizkids minis: a maralith (a snake lady demon) and a bone devil.

Another reaper miniature. This one is called Shipwreck Revenant.

A Dragon Golem from reaper miniatures that I painted up, and used the boiling water trick to bend the wings. The wings come perfectly straight, and I like the bent look because it makes the model look more dynamic.

I ended up painting the contents of the Troglodytes box from the Massive Darkness game made by Cool Mini or Not. They make a good option for dreadgul proxies, and fit in fairly well with the squad.
Old February 13th, 2019, 08:17 PM
"like" happy

Cool. I have that safari hydra. I based him as is because the paint job on it is great. Its good to see some MD love s well. I have 2 kickstarter pledges of massive darkness along with almost all the figure add ons. I havent painted mine yet though.

Old March 5th, 2019, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Cool. I have that safari hydra. I based him as is because the paint job on it is great. Its good to see some MD love s well. I have 2 kickstarter pledges of massive darkness along with almost all the figure add ons. I havent painted mine yet though.
Yeah it was a pretty good paint job, it's just that I didn't like the metallic colors that much. Yeah, I really dig the massive darkness minis (as well as a lot of the other CMON stuff) because of how expressive the models are.
Old March 5th, 2019, 12:38 AM

Re: Toog's Mods and Paints (3/4/2019)

I've been a bit busy these past few week to update, but I've been continuing painting.

These are some Druid Mist Riders from Hordes that I ended up painting. As much as I like how they look, I did find them difficult to paint up because they were cavalry figures.

These are some Goliaths from the wizkids miniature line.

Some various reaper miniatures that I painted up. The first one was in metal and the other two were plastic.

This one is Dagon made by reaper Miniatures. This one was my first time using green stuff to fill gaps on a mini.

This is a gargantuan Green Dragon from the wizkids line. A fairly quick and easy paint job.

This guy started out as an Othkurik with parts added to him to replace his missing parts. These parts were mainly from unused Warhammer bits.
Old March 5th, 2019, 12:46 AM
"like" happy

They look gorgeous as always. Do you use these massive figures for heroscape. I ask because I came up with a gridless/hexless heroscape format awhile back that would be a great use for these big beauties. Itd also work for those big based CMON game minis with the huge bases.

Old March 9th, 2019, 09:18 PM

Most of the larger figures I tend to use for D&D (as well as decoration), If I do end up using them for Heroscape I'd definitely try out those hexless rules you have because it would be pretty hard if not impossible to but them on double bases. Also using a hexless system allows for me not to debase my more expensive figures.
Old March 9th, 2019, 09:34 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toogwick_tuk View Post
Most of the larger figures I tend to use for D&D (as well as decoration), If I do end up using them for Heroscape I'd definitely try out those hexless rules you have because it would be pretty hard if not impossible to but them on double bases. Also using a hexless system allows for me not to debase my more expensive figures.
Not debasing alot of my expensive dnd figures for the same reason.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions