Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old June 24th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Custom Unique Hero Contest by Taeblewalker!

Edit: Here are the rules!
  • You must make a unique hero. No other entries will be accepted.
  • It must consist of one figure, and follow the standard rules of Heroscape. You must provide all the stats, such as Life, Move, Range, Attack, Defense, Cost; species, class, personality, size and height, the general it follows and at least one (but probably no more than four) special powers.
  • The judging date will be Wednesday, July 9, 2008.
  • There will be five areas of judging:
  • Originality - it's OK to use common powers like Slither, Disengage, Flying, and even Counter Attack or Phantom Walk, but don't make a clone of an existing figure! Making a hero from a squad, such as giving the hero the same powers as a Krav Maga Agent, might not loose you too many points as long as you can pull together something that works as greater than the sum of the parts. So, in short, don't be afraid to be inspired by existing units - just expect that the truly unique will win all 5 points in the category, while you will likely only get a 4.
  • Playability - the advantage to reusing old ideas (see above) is that they are tested. If you do come up with something truly original, don't make the mistake of forgetting to make it playable. The unit must work with the rules as is and must not be overpowered or underpowered overall. Single special powers, like those that allow you to affect a target plus every figure within two hexes, can really make a unit too powerful to play and be fun or competitive.
  • Clarity - make sure that the reader of your army card can tell whether the power affects friendly figures or merely those that you control. Make sure the player knows just how a movement power lets him move. Try to imagine all the questions that a person who is not living in your head would have when reading the exact wording. Ask for help in this forum! I will be glad to steer you toward clarity.
  • Theme - please don't expect to win with an Orc who follows Jandar! Elves follow Ullar, bugs follow Aquilla. Marro follow Utgar. Etc. I know that Ninjas have really been making the rounds since they first appeared for Einar, and Monks have shown bipartisanship - it's OK to show some variety! However, certain "sacred cows" should be respected unless you can do really good job of pulling off a Soulborg who follows Einar, for example. A good rule is that if the unit doesn't feel right, change the general. The other part of theme is fitting the powers to the unit. A slithering unit should be snakelike or have some really good reason to be in the water, like Water Suit. A flier should either have wings or be something like a Vampire or an Oriental Dragon.
  • Cost - if you are making Jotun's brother, don't make him 50 points! On the other hand, a squad of three geese should probably cost about 10.
Post your entry either here or through PM to me, Taeblewalker. If you cannot make a card, someone will probably offer to make on for you. Just make sure the entry can fit entirely on one standard army card. Here are some links to get you started:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=9289

Please use card blanks, available at

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=269

Here is an Aquilla blank (a little hard to find among the others)

You can get the full resources here:

http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=3249

I will try to help guide you if your entry is subpar before the contest judging date.

Prizes will include:
A Ticalla Jungle set
A Volcarren Wasteland set
Another Volcarren Wasteland set
A Heroes of Durgeth pack (Wave 6 heroes)
A custom unit from Cupidsart
and two strategy guide wish list units. I am already doing Tor-Kul-Na for another contest. Check the list of completed units here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=10693

While we are talking strategy, if you like I can use your very own unit to write a strategy guide!

Good Luck!

Last edited by Taeblewalker; July 2nd, 2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:55 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Custom Unique Hero Contest by Taeblewalker!

So, can we do the post stats and a picture and someone else makes our card for us? Or do we, PM you with the entry then post the pic and stats?
Old June 24th, 2008, 11:07 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

Brand new customs? Or existing customs?
Old June 24th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

If it's existing, I will totally enter and I'll even do a re-paint of the custom I enter and a Card of it as a prize,

Not sure if anyone would want it, but I'm still gonna offer,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old June 24th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm game.

Never did this before, but I will try to enter this contest.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old June 24th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

I'll enter the contest. I just got to get some thoughts down.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old June 24th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Einar's Puppy: Same rules as before regarding letting someone else make the card for you.

Finrod: You can use an existing custom as long as it's yours.

Cupidsart: Thanks!

Old June 24th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

SWEET! Okay, my entry is ready,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.

Last edited by CupidsArt; June 24th, 2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old June 24th, 2008, 12:57 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My entry is sent in. I think it has some potential, seeign as it uses pre-exsisting abilities to make gameplay easier, but It might be too expensive seeing as he's a 160 point human champion.

Sir Argyle the Bold-
Jandar
Human
Unique hero
Champion
Bold
Medium 5

5 life
5 move
1 range
4 attack
3 defense

powers-
A COWARD’S REWARD - Sir Argyle rolls one additional die against figures leaving an engagement

SHIELDS OF VALOR - When defending with Sir Argyle, each shield rolled counts for one additional block.

Point cost-160
Works well in this army- 4x KoW-280, him-440, Zetacron-500
Old June 24th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Mine is ready. No picture agine sorry. Can someone get me a picture.

Zinafe
Fights for Ullar

Elf Life 5
Wizard Movement 5
Valiant Range 6
medium 5 Attack 3
Defence 3
Points 180

Bio: Zanafe is in The Nine. He is Chardis' son and Jorhdawn's older brother.His Fire Wind is a good weaponed. It is said that he gives his elves near him streath in combat. He was the 8th person to fall in the battle with the wolves. He raged with power after his sister fell and disappeared.

Special Powers.

Fire Wind Special Attack:
Range 8. Attack 4 + special. Choose a figure to attack. Any figure adjected to that figure and 2 spaces behind that figure also take damage. From this attack. For every Elf Wizard with in 4 clear spaces away from Zanafe, add attack dice to this attack. Only 3 dice can be added. Roll attack dice once and each figure effected by this attack sepert. Zanafe can't be effected by his own attack.

Sacred Fire Streath:

Every Elf Wizard 4 clear spaces away from Zanafe, add 2 additional dice to their attack.

Fire Rage: If Jorhdawn is killed and took out of play, add 2 attack dice to his next attack.

There's my entry.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old June 24th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Taeblewalker and I just disagree on how things should be done but it is his contest so he can do things his way of course.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Last edited by robbdaman; July 6th, 2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old June 24th, 2008, 03:52 PM
All growed up

iceman, you're entry is so riddled with bad grammar that I can't really tell what the specials do.

Oh, and I forgot to put in my bio!

A twig snaps, then another, then another. Leaves rustle, but they cannot be heard. All that can be heard is the stepping of armored feet as a regiment of knights march through the forest.

Their commander stands tall and proud as he leads them. Then, an arrow flied from the trees. It clangs against the knights armor, and his men snap into action.

From their left, a group of orcs charge at them, arrows flying. Sir Argyle charges straight into the arrows, letting them be deflected off of his impressive armor. He meets the orcs with a slashing blade and his men collide against the orcs as well.

Nearly defeated, the orcs pull back, only to be cut in the back. Sir Argyle's men do not appreciate the cowards who would run.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games