Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old August 27th, 2023, 12:55 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
C3G 2.0 Playtesting Sign-Ups

Welcome to the C3G Playtesting Thread!

What is this thread for?

Every C3G unit is designed to be well-balanced within our game. In order to do that, we playtest every unit multiple times to ensure their point cost and powers are in check. We need your help to playtest our units and make sure they are just as fun an balanced as we envision them.

In this thread, you will find a list of the units currently available for playtesting, as well as resources to make playtesting as easy as possible.

How do I playtest?

Below in the next post, you will find a list of units currently available for playtesting. Each unit will have a number of "Open" slots (each of which can be taken up by one playtester), and a link to the Lead Designer of that unit. If you would like to sign up to test a unit, simply post in this thread indicating which unit you are signing up for. Then, send a Private Message to the Lead Designer asking for the latest version of the design. You can only be signed up for one unit at a time.

Once you've signed up, simply play two complete games of C3G Heroscape using the unit. As you go, fill out the Public Playtesting Form with details about the games and your thoughts on the unit. If you have any questions about the form, check out our Playtesting FAQ. When you finish, send the Lead Designer a Private Message with the completed form, and post back here mentioning that you've finished. Playtest complete!

Do I get any rewards for playtesting?

Yes! C3G operates on a Reward Point system, explained in the Ally and Fan Reward Thread. When you sign-up for a playtest, it is your responsibility to subtract one point from your points total in the Rewards Thread. When you complete a playtest, you can give yourself three points, effectively netting 2 points per test.

You can spend your points to officially design units for C3G, among other rewards. Check out the C3G Reward Shop - NEW ONE Coming soon for more information.

Last edited by japes; August 27th, 2023 at 02:23 PM.
Old August 27th, 2023, 02:21 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G 2.0 Playtesting Sign-Ups

Units Available for Playtesting
Units are listed top to bottom from oldest to newest. If you are unsure which unit you would like to test, consider testing the oldest unit.

Laughing Robins - Lord Pyre
- Shiftrex
- Alexan

Grand Moff Tarkin - Karat
- Bats
- LP

Linda Park - Arch-vile
- Bats
- Open

B. Rex - Tornado
- Ericth74
- Open

Shadow Beasts - IAmBatman
- Ericth74
- Open

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - MrNobody
- Bats
- Open

Cable (X-Force) - japes
- TrueX.S.E.
- Open

Zoom - Ronin
- ALEXAN2507
- Open

Priority Tests: If a design has a double red exclamation mark (!!) before its name, it is a Priority design (and needs to be completed as soon as possible) or Reevaluation test. Testing a Priority unit grants you 1 additional Reward Point, for a total of 4 points instead of 3.

Suspended Units: Occasionally, the C3G Heroes will temporarily suspend a unit while its power level is being reevaluated. Suspended units should not be used in playtests unless specifically requested by a Hero.

The following units are currently Suspended from testing or are currently being reevaluated:

None

If you request a Playtest, post your request here, and please PM the Lead Designer requesting the design.

A3n; Arch-vile; Arkham; Dr. Jekyll; Ericth74; FreshFoods;fret_gurglo; IAmBatman; japes; Karat; Lord Pyre; LordVenoc; MrNobody; quozl; Ronin; Shiftrex; Skinderella; Soundwarp SG-1; Splash;Tornado; Yodaking; Zakizzryn

Last edited by IAmBatman; Yesterday at 12:57 PM.
Old August 27th, 2023, 02:21 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

C3G Superscape 2.0 Public Playtesting has reopened!

Quote:
Misty Knight is ready for Public Playtesting

When testing Misty Knight you'll have the opportunity to get a sneak peak at a couple of other 2.0 Heroes For Hire designs.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 27th, 2023, 02:22 PM
A Man of Taste

AN EMPTY STANDARD PLAYTESTING FORM TO FILL OUT
Here is how to use the empty form above:
  1. Get a notepad and take notes as you playtest.
  2. When you are done, go to the Playtesting FAQ thread and click on the Empty Standard Playtesting Form.
  3. A window will appear with a single post. That post is the Blank Playtesting Form.
  4. Click the QUOTE button at the bottom.
  5. You should now fill out all the required information.
  6. Once the info is complete, highlight all of the text in the entire post. Then right click the text and click copy.
  7. Close the window.
  8. Paste the the text in a PM to the Lead Designer and hit submit.
  9. You are done.
HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF A COMPLETED PLAYTEST FORM

Between the Design Phase and the Finalizing Phase here at C3G, we have the dreaded PLAY-TESTING OF DOOM PHASE!
OK, just kidding. This thread is here to answer any questions on the specifics of play-testing.

FAQs

Q - What is Playtesting?
A - Playtesting is a term used to describe what people do to "test" a new game or game component simply playing the game through a series of prescribed tests to check for brokenness or game compatibility.

Q - Who can Playtest?
A - Any Heroscapers.com member can playtest C3G.

Q - How do I know what to playtest?
A - To find out what units need play-testing, you will need to go to the "Playtesting Sign-up" thread. You may pick any available Design to Playtest and announce that you will be playtesting it there, and then click the appropriate LINK on the front page. That link will take you to the Profile Page of the Lead Designer (LD) so that you can send him a Private Message asking for the current info for playtesting. Now the "Design" may be a figure, optional rule, glyph, destructible object, scenario, etc., and it is important to know that each "Design" type has specific guide lines and requirements for playtesting.

Q - How do I playtest?
A - Here is a detailed list on how to playtest each Design type.
Spoiler Alert!

Q - Are there any hints, tips, or guides on how to Play-test?
A - This post can be very helpful in listing a few things that you should look for when Play-testing.
Spoiler Alert!

Q - How do I document my play-test results?
A - Here is the Feedback Sheet.

Here is how to use the empty form above:
  1. Get a notepad and take notes as you playtest.
  2. When you are done, go to the Playtesting FAQ thread and click on the Empty Standard Playtesting Form.
  3. A window will appear with a single post. That post is the Blank Playtesting Form.
  4. Click the QUOTE button at the bottom.
  5. You should now fill out all the required information.
  6. Once the info is complete, highlight all of the text in the entire post. Then right click the text and click copy.
  7. Close the window.
  8. Paste the the text in a PM to the Lead Designer and hit submit.
  9. You are done.
Q - Where do I post my Feedback Form when I have completed it?
A - Send your completed Playtest sheet in a PM to the Lead Designer of the Unit that you have playtested.

Q - How in depth should my feedback be?

A -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Playtester Hahma
I keep a notebook with me when testing and I write every turn down when testing. You don't have to, but you should at least jot down a note here and there to acknowledge certain points during a test that might be important. If either team wins because of winning most of initiatives to get advantage, that's worth noting. If either team rolls unusually good attack or defense, that's worth noting. Anything that might be worth the readers of the test sheet needing to know to get a better idea of the events during the test can be noted. If nothing else, keep some notes so that if someone questions your test results, you can go back and say, "well this happened that was unusual or that happened, or so in so had height advantage throughout the game or whatever." That can help people judge test results better.

Q - Is it possible to play-test on my own without an opponent?
A - Yes. Many of us have been Solo-Scaping for a while, and we haven't gone blind yet.
Spoiler Alert!

Feel free to ask any questions on Playtesting, as we will be dealing specifically with the ins and outs of Play-testing here.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 27th, 2023, 02:23 PM
A Man of Taste

ANNOUNCEMENT:

C3G has changed its official Playtest Sheet! Below is the new, streamlined Playtest Sheet. Simpler to fill out, this new form should speed up playtesting reports, while also making it easier for our playtesters to give their feedback!

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: (Insert Name Here)

Army Test
Map: .
Units: .
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: .
Units: .
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: (fill in here)

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: (fill in here)
Of course, this is our minimum requirements. Extra games, info, or unit summaries are always welcome, but not required. A big thank you to all our public playtesters! Keep up the good work!

Old August 28th, 2023, 11:45 AM

Lord Zed knows what's in an order marker Lord Zed knows what's in an order marker Lord Zed knows what's in an order marker

I would like to sign up for Misty Knight
Old August 29th, 2023, 12:26 AM

Lord Zed knows what's in an order marker Lord Zed knows what's in an order marker Lord Zed knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zed View Post
I would like to sign up for Misty Knight
Actually with Misty Knight on hold, I would like to test Guldo
Old August 30th, 2023, 12:50 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Signing up for Mastermind
Old August 30th, 2023, 12:53 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sweet thanks @Shiftrex
Old August 31st, 2023, 01:09 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Signing up for Cyclops
Old August 31st, 2023, 06:28 PM

AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker

I'll go ahead and sign up for Psylocke!
Old September 1st, 2023, 10:42 AM

I'd like to signup for Master Gundam

@Lord Pyre it looks like your inbox is full.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape