Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

View Poll Results: Best Nightcrawler card. See current post
Nightcrawler 1 2 66.67%
Nightcrawler 2 1 33.33%
Nightcrawler 3 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:03 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Drewman-chu's new and improved? cardsHellfire Club Guard

HELLFIRE CLUB BONDING
Before taking a turn with Hellfire Club Guards, you may first take a turn with any Unique Hero you control who follows Hellfire Club.

OVERWHELM
When a Hellfire Club Guard attacks an adjacent small or medium figure, you may roll 1 additional attack die for each additional Hellfire Club Guard engaged with the defending figure.

Overwhelm should cap at 3.
Scrub guard shouldn't be able to roll 7 attack dice.
These figures should be 140 at least.
4 attacks of 7?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; December 2nd, 2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:51 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the help confred. Instead of "follows" I will keep as is. Follows comes from the Classic Generals?
Quote:
Overwhelm should cap at 3.
Scrub guard shouldn't be able to roll 7 attack dice.
These figures should be 140 at least.
4 attacks of 7
The attack bonus for 1 squad could only be +3 and height. How did you come up with 7? I think it will be pretty hard for these guys to surrond a figure before any get wiped out that's why I thought 100 was about right. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Drewman-chu; December 2nd, 2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:55 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Instead of "follows" I will keep as is. Follows comes from the Classic Generals?
Correct.
Officially, under the figure's name is the organization that figure follows. So far, officially, it's only been the Generals.
So if you wanted synergy with X-Men, Fantastic Four, Hellfire Club, or what-have-you, first list the organization under the name and then reference it. example: ..any Warlord you control who follows Ullar [Armoc Vipers]
I suppose it could read "who follows the Hellfire Club

Quote:
The attack bonus for 1 squad could only be +3 and height. How did you come up with 7?
Common Squad
I took a base 7-Hex, put the small or medium figure in the center (6 spaces remaining), then I put the attacking figure adjacent (5 spaces remaining), and then I put 5 of the common figures in the remaining spaces.
2 base attack + 1*5 > 2+5 = 7.
After that attack 3 more can attack for 7.

Quote:
Any thoughts?
+ Cap it at +3
- Change it to a Special Attack where they combine their attacks.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Confred; December 3rd, 2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 12:15 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

This squad is known for taking on Wolverine and getting their butts kicked. I see you would need 2 squads and completely surround the figure. That is probably going to be really hard to do don't you think? They can be picked off pretty easily.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 12:32 AM

While that is certainly true, they should (must?) be pointed for best case scenario.
Commons cost more due to their scaling.
And they have versatile Bonding.

They are known for getting their butt-kicked not for kicking butt, which these guys can do.

Design Tangent - Every now and then I post my inspirations, take it with a grain of salt or use it yourself.

Overwhelm Variant
When this Hellfire Club Guard attacks an adjacent figure, if all figures engaged with the defending figure follow the Hellfire Club, then each can immediately attack the defending figure.
-Squeeze in there clauses that say this only happens once and thus doesn't trigger 4 times.
* Variant could even replace Bonding, if one were to think it too generic.

Old December 5th, 2010, 10:58 PM

I did A little playtesting with them and the results were pretty much as I thought.
2 Squads vs Monks and Amazons: Guards got lucky with poor defense rolls and crushed them.
1 squad vs. one squad of Monks: Much closer with Monks leaping and gaining height, it came down to 1:1 with guard getting initiative and the win.
1 squad vs. 4th mass: easy win for guards by out ranging them.
1 squad vs. Omnicron Snipers: easy win for snipers with better fire power and defense. Never got to use Overwhelm and see that it is very hard to get more than 3 guards around a figure. I see them only trying to use the power against high defense no range figures. In other words try to overwhelm them. Point wise I could see them at 110 but I would like to know how other people see them.

Old December 13th, 2010, 11:37 PM

Re: Drewman-chu's new and improved? cards Hellfire Club Guar

Next up for the Hellfire Club the Black King.

Old December 14th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Drewman-chu's new and improved? cards Hellfire Club Blac

Black King

Suggested changes:

Stronger By The Blow
When Black King attacks, you may roll 1 additional die for each wound marker on this card.

For Kinetic Energy Absorption, I don't think the limit of 4 skulls needs to be on there. How often are more than 4 skulls rolled anyway?

Counterstrike should be Counter Strike.

EDIT:
Also, his picture looks crammed in there. Is there any way you could pull the photo down to help center him more?
Old December 18th, 2010, 12:37 AM

As always thanks for the help Balantai. I will update the card with some changes. The limit of skulls is supposed to represent that if he takes a very powerful hit he can be overloaded. As for the picture, I am at the mercy of the easy card creator program and I can't seem to get many pictures to fit the way I want. Also creates text problems too. Until I figure out a better way it will have to do.
Old December 19th, 2010, 09:01 AM

Updated Black King:

Old December 19th, 2010, 09:14 AM

On to the White Queen Emma Frost. I could really use some help nailing down her points. I put down 140 but I figured that was the low range.

Old December 19th, 2010, 12:14 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Drewman-chu's new and improved? Hellfire Club White Que

Is Telepathic Sedation part of her normal attack, or her special attack, or both? I would change the wording a tad bit:

"If Emma Frost inflicts a wound on a Unique Hero (with her normal attack?), roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker from the wounded figure's Army Card."

The only thing I don't love is that there's never a reason for Emma to use her normal attack. It's got a lower range, lower attack, and as worded both attacks are still subject to Psionic Force Blast.

As for cost, I don't think 140 is too that low, her defense is only a 3 which gets torn apart pretty fast in high point games even with the X Marker saving her once a round. Maybe 150, it's hard to tell without playing once or twice.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations