Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old October 31st, 2020, 05:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

Nice.
Old November 1st, 2020, 12:40 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie View Post
I print the terrain tiles upside down- it really limits the amount of supports needed. I successfully printed the single hex tiles upright without supports but it had enough stray filaments that the cleanup didn't save me any time.

The actual lava tiles are right-side up with supports- it's the only way to get the glossy sheen on them. Face-down saves filament but gives you a grainy texture where it touches the buildplate.

I use a glass bed and can print the hexes upside down and get a nice glossy sheen. It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but they are super smoothe on the top facing the glass.

Old November 1st, 2020, 12:56 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
I print the terrain tiles upside down- it really limits the amount of supports needed. I successfully printed the single hex tiles upright without supports but it had enough stray filaments that the cleanup didn't save me any time.

The actual lava tiles are right-side up with supports- it's the only way to get the glossy sheen on them. Face-down saves filament but gives you a grainy texture where it touches the buildplate.

I use a glass bed and can print the hexes upside down and get a nice glossy sheen. It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but they are super smoothe on the top facing the glass.

I think it has to do with settings as well. On my snapmaker fdm printer I print bases and used to print the flat hex tiles upside down and they were always super smooth on that bottom layer. My brothers one printer always left a fibre look to the bottoms of his prints for some reason. On terrain I run the layer height at 0.2 but the intitial layer is ran at 0.1 for a finer height that is not only smoother but adheres better to the bed. Maybe that is something to check out. Not only does that print the files more quickly, not having to print the extra support material, but it has no waste from supports and no clean up. Something to look into.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 1st, 2020, 11:24 AM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the tip. The Ender 3 V2 ships with a glass print bed but I'm new at this and was reluctant to fiddle with the initial layer. I'll try adjusting the settings and see what happens.

EDIT: Here's the result.

You can see the face down one (left) @ 0.1mm still isn't as glossy as the faceup. I don't know that it matters though when you're actually playing. At a distance it's really not that noticeable.

WK- what type of filament are you using on those ice/glacier tiles? They look great.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades

Last edited by LilMoochie; November 1st, 2020 at 04:39 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2020, 11:59 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
WK- what type of filament are you using on those ice/glacier tiles? They look great.
Those are made with Gizmo Dorks translucent PLA. Unfortunately its out of stock (and it doesn't look like Gizmo Dorks is selling it anymore).

But I've also used Overture clear PETG. They look almost the same, and the stringing is minimal.

I bought some new transparent PLA, but it looks a little yellow and I haven't tried it yet.
Old November 5th, 2020, 11:40 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I bought some 3D Solutech Natural Clear PLA but haven't used it yet. Their See Through Blue worked pretty good for Ice Elementals though.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 5th, 2020, 04:09 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
I bought some 3D Solutech Natural Clear PLA but haven't used it yet. Their See Through Blue worked pretty good for Ice Elementals though.
3D solutech in general works amazingly on my fdm printer. I stopped picking random filament brands and have stuck with it for awhile with great results. Ive used at least 20 1kg rolls of that stuff. With being able to hollow the large resin models Ive exclusively just printed figures in resin now and leave the fdm to making my armies of resin figures bases.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 6th, 2020, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. The Ender 3 V2 ships with a glass print bed but I'm new at this and was reluctant to fiddle with the initial layer. I'll try adjusting the settings and see what happens.

EDIT: Here's the result.

You can see the face down one (left) @ 0.1mm still isn't as glossy as the faceup. I don't know that it matters though when you're actually playing. At a distance it's really not that noticeable.

Here's a better picture of my ice tiles. You can see the reflection of the light very clearly.

Old January 1st, 2021, 08:19 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great resources, thank you all!
Old February 27th, 2021, 02:33 PM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I've created a terrain section for my Thingiverse where I will be uploading various things I've put together.

Old February 27th, 2021, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I've created a terrain section for my Thingiverse where I will be uploading various things I've put together.
When I get a chance I will upload the hexes I created (now that the patent has expired).
Old February 27th, 2021, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
When I get a chance I will upload the hexes I created (now that the patent has expired).
Cool. Those would be very worthwhile.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing