Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 14th, 2020, 10:48 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Jamie Madrox (Public Testing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Just spitballing, what about 1 normally, but 2 if all your OMs are on Investigators or Bruisers? It might be a bit too obvious of a “No Sage Allowed” sign though.
I'd probably just round 1 use Sage to boost and then just leave her sitting till end game and have all my OMs on Ivestigator/Bruiser cards from round 2 on.
Old March 14th, 2020, 10:56 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Just spitballing, what about 1 normally, but 2 if all your OMs are on Investigators or Bruisers? It might be a bit too obvious of a “No Sage Allowed” sign though.
I'd probably just round 1 use Sage to boost and then just leave her sitting till end game and have all my OMs on Ivestigator/Bruiser cards from round 2 on.
Yeah that would be my strategy as well. But that means you’re not getting;
-Boosts on other figures
-Use of her OM saving/re-arranging potential
Doesn’t totally annihilate the Sage interplay, but makes it so you can’t get best use out of her while you’re using Madrox.
Old March 14th, 2020, 11:30 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, taking away Sage's OM efficiency is a big deal. Fair point that she could still provide her boosts in that build, though.
Old March 14th, 2020, 11:34 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

My last note on the "all OMs on Investigators/Bruisers" requirement is that I do think the language in X-Factor Accompaniment gets pretty clunky at that point, so we might need to simplify the "within 6 spaces" bit.

How would we feel about a couple more games with this version of XFA?

Quote:
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Hero you control that is a Bruiser or Investigator and taking a turn with that Hero, you may move and attack with one Multiple Man figure you control, or up to two Multiple Man figures you control if all of your Order Markers are on Bruiser or Investigator cards. All Multiple Man figures must be within 6 clear sight spaces of that Hero before moving. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
Old March 14th, 2020, 11:45 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Old March 15th, 2020, 01:16 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Hmm...I just looked at Sage's card again. For some reason I was thinking the d20 boost only occurred when an OM was on her card. It doesn't so I don't think the all OM's on Investigator cards is really doing much to discourage that build. Especially since you can drop the X on her, then use her rearrange power to move the X over to his card, then the double bonding kicks in.

Her att. boosting power also only says mutant card, not mutant unique hero, so if she drops a marker on the common hero card for him, how do you track which common her gets the +1 att. boost and which ones do not? Seems like an odd oversight considering she was reevaluated once already. Why not specify Unique Hero there? Was she intended to boost Event Heroes or something?
Old March 15th, 2020, 01:20 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

She boosts all the Multiple Men with 1 marker. That’s what makes the combo so good.
Old March 15th, 2020, 01:23 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Hmm...I just looked at Sage's card again. For some reason I was thinking the d20 boost only occurred when an OM was on her card. It doesn't so I don't think the all OM's on Investigator cards is really doing much to discourage that build. Especially since you can drop the X on her, then use her rearrange power to move the X over to his card, then the double bonding kicks in.
She can only rearrange unrevealed OMs, so that wouldn't work.

The main appeal of Sage, generally, is the OM flex she provides. The attack boost is also good and certain units like it a lot, but her OM management is the main thing.

She's effectively doing what Baron Zemo (Heinrich) does in terms of OM management, but because she actually gives the figure the OM, they still get the benefit of being able to use stuff that requires an OM reveal. (Like Madrox's bonding here, or using Mutant Sidekicks).

Preventing her from doing that while you're getting both Multiple Man bonding turns is a significant detriment to the synergy here. Doesn't stop her passive boosts, but those are pretty unstoppable.

Quote:
Her att. boosting power also only says mutant card, not mutant unique hero, so if she drops a marker on the common hero card for him, how do you track which common her gets the +1 att. boost and which ones do not? Seems like an odd oversight considering she was reevaluated once already. Why not specify Unique Hero there? Was she intended to boost Event Heroes or something?
She boosts all the Common Heroes by putting one marker on their card. That's why the Multiple Men particularly like her.
Old March 15th, 2020, 01:26 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't know about that ruling. Each common unit technically has it's own card, we just let you run all of them from one card for convenience reasons.
Old March 15th, 2020, 01:31 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I don't know about that ruling. Each common unit technically has it's own card, we just let you run all of them from one card for convenience reasons.
In C3G, they're considered to always share a card. Brainiac 13 has a ruling on that. Probably others, too.

EDIT: And I had to double-check, but Sage was also explicitly tested as boosting all Multiple Men.
Old March 15th, 2020, 01:42 AM
C3G Landlord

In retrospect that seems like a really poor decision as we are once again talking about how Sage is part of an overpowering combo. I was thinking her d20 boost was what the core issue was here, guess I was getting her mixed up with Destiny. Anyone test him with Destiny and Magneto II?
Old March 15th, 2020, 01:49 AM
Symbiotic

Yeah, I think unfortunately Sage's re-eval didn't go far enough and we're still stuck with her as the definitive Mutant leader. But at least she's not the definitive Everyone leader anymore, so we've got that going for us.

Destiny + Mags would let you up his Dupes roll quite a bit, but it would also turn off his own bonding with the Multiple Men. Maybe not the worst choice if cost were no object, but I'm not too worried about it when you consider the expense of doing that and also investing in Multiple Men + Investigators.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library