Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 5th, 2015, 11:01 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Reaper Unicorn (Design/Brainstorm

Would it be better to say something like 'may remove up to 6 wounds' instead of all wounds? Just in case down the line we get a truly humongous creature (KRAKEN!) and a designer wants to give it 15 lives. This would keep us from designing future creatures into a corner.
Old February 5th, 2015, 11:05 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
Would it be better to say something like 'may remove up to 6 wounds' instead of all wounds? Just in case down the line we get a truly humongous creature (KRAKEN!) and a designer wants to give it 15 lives. This would keep us from designing future creatures into a corner.
Because units with 15 life typically cost 600 points.

I can see where you are coming from however. I'll keep that in mind when I run a HornedGreenroller.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 5th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Eh, the Glyph of Kelda already exists. And if you're going to pay for however much a 15 life critter costs and top it off with however much the Unicorn costs, I say go for it!.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; February 5th, 2015 at 11:15 PM. Reason: But then again, I'm a lunatic...
Old February 5th, 2015, 11:15 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Eh, the Glyph of Kelda already exists. And if you're going to pay for however much a 15 life critter costs and top it off with however much the Unicorn costs, I say go for it!.
Not for my 15 life critter. :P

Though I think I'd be forced to re-up Bahamut and Tiamat's costs should this unit drop. X.x

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 6th, 2015, 12:56 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

The unicorn needs to be balanced outside of competitive play too, if a 20 life hero were to exist at 1000 points, I could still draft the unicorn in a 5000 point game.
Old February 6th, 2015, 01:06 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Kelda can already heal all wounds with an 18+ so I don't see the big deal since the Horn can also flop even with it being a one-time use. If you wanna be safe anyway, 6 sounds sounds good enough to me. I can't see Charos/Braxas players complaining about how it only healed 6 wounds of their life if it comes to that. Besides, it's just enough to fully heal the biggest small/medium heroes out there (i.e. Tandros, Valguard, etc)

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 6th, 2015, 01:37 AM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I figure that if you're going to create and/or allow a 20 life custom, you reap what you sow.

Last edited by Killometer; February 6th, 2015 at 01:38 AM. Reason: *I'd* complain. :p
Old February 6th, 2015, 05:22 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I generally like Kilometer's ideas - I'd just tweak it slightly to this.

Unicorn (proper name pending)

Unicorn
Unique Hero
Protector?
Valiant?
Large ?

Life 6
Move 8
Range 1
Attack 4 or 5?
Defense 3
Points 140?

Restorative Horn
Chose a figure adjacent to the Unicorn. If you roll a 7 or higher on the d20 remove up to 6 wound markers from that figure's card. If the targeted figure is Valiant you may add 6 to your roll. If the targeted figure is Terrifying subtract 6 from your roll. Unicorn may only use this once per game.

Legendary Creature 3

Valiant Carry

I changed it to 6 wound markers just to be better safe than sorry. I don't know whether 5 attack would be overpowered or not, so I'd be fine with 4 attack, personally. I do think Valiant Carry would be brilliant to have - I'd like to be able to have my Unicorn carry a Valiant Hero in and then Heal them when they're injured - I think a tag team like that just seems too cool and thematic to miss.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 6th, 2015, 08:58 AM

Boooo!

How about a compromise at an 8 wounds max? That would allow a miracle play for a single life Charos (highest life of the official units), but would solve worrying about customs that go beyond that.

Also, I say we try him out at 5 attack, and if testing says it's too high drop him down.

Old February 6th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

May as well make it 9 in case the Castle Door really needs that clutch play. I still think 6 wounds would be best, but that's just me. I still ain't sure about the Unicorn/Dragon buddies theme.

4 Attack sounds a bit better to me. Sure, his base stats aren't great for 140 points, but as soon as LGX is a factor you're looking at 6/8/1/5/6 against a lot of figures. I guess you could start 5 and play test your way down to 4 if it's too good.

I think just plain old Carry would be best. No reason to complicate it any further than it already is, especially if Uni's best use will be helping dragons. I can't envision any game-breaking evil units for Uni to carry anyway--it's not like Cyprien can't fly himself 8 spaces already.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 6th, 2015, 11:57 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

to plain ol' Carry (or no Carry at all).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 6th, 2015, 04:01 PM
I could go

Playtest

Just ran a playtest with the Heal 6, Attack 5 (140 points) version.

The map was a pretty condensed board with 2 hills and an easy path through the middle. The right hill had a big wall preventing it from hitting middle spaces. The glyph of gerda sat in the middle of the pathway.

Army A: Charos, Greenscale Warriors x2, Unicorn
Army B: Q9, J15, Blastatrons x3

Point differential: 15? I just did a quickie to get this game off the ground.

I can post the battle report if you guys want, but it was pretty much the Unicorn gets attacked relentlessly as Charos tears the robots apart. Using the pony as a distraction was an excellent idea, which basically drew out the heavy heroes.

Current thoughts:
Name this pony "Bait, the Unicorn" because that's all he's good for. I didn't even bother attempting the heal. He grabbed the glyph of Gerda and ate attacks.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards