Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old February 8th, 2016, 06:27 PM

SE-Mark Woo who?
Arena of the Planeswalkers - jump in or stay away!

So, I'm totally indecisive if I should jump into this game or not.

Background:
- have young kids. Haven't really started playing 'scape other than building terrain / castles for fun.
- have a pretty huge HS classic collection. 5 RotV, 4 SotM, almost every figure expansion.
- have the Marvel set and about 50 clix for customs
- have 100+ Star Wars miniatures (most don't have HoSS cards yet)
- have no interest in D&D, never played.
- have little to no interest in Magic, never played.

But, I bought the AotP set when it was on sale. Haven't played it yet. I thought it looked interesting / added another layer to HS.

I see the Battle for Zendikar set going on sale, and my fingers are itching.

Do you people that bought the game love it, or are you just meh about it? Should I save my $20 or should I collect for collector's sake?
Old February 8th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Arena of the Planeswalkers - jump in or stay away!

There's a whole subforum of discussion here
Lots of positive feedback and a bit of negative
Old February 8th, 2016, 10:18 PM

sword4hire knows what's in an order marker sword4hire knows what's in an order marker
Re: Arena of the Planeswalkers - jump in or stay away!

It is a fun game. Easier to set up than Heroscape, and the games are typically pretty fast (at least for us so far).

My main problem with it is if I can manage to carve out 30 minutes to play AotP, I can probably manage another 45 for a game of Heroscape, which, to me, is the perfect game. I keep a map set up in case the opportunity arises.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion