Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old February 24th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
Phantom Knights- What's your army idea?

Perhaps the most interesting unit of the wave to the competitive types of players, the Phantom Knights were revealed today:

Evil Dupuis
5x Phantom Knights 350
Sir Dupuis 500

Scissors and Rock
5x Phantom Knights 350
3x Warriors of Ashra 500 (24)

These guys seem super flexible... I expect a lot of possibilities here.

When I said that Ana was "PK tech" all I meant was that she's a counterdraft for them. Ranged Special which hits Undead, defense against Utgar... etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; February 24th, 2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: changed title to fit others
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Phantom Knights, what's your army idea?

These guys scream Hawthorne to me -

PK x 4 - 280
Hawthorne - 370
Hydra - 490
Isamu - 500

Hawthorne and Hydra for multiple attacks in melee. PKs for range.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

These are probably my favorite so far in the wave for competitive play, and the sculpts are great too.

Raelin 80pt.
Phantom Knights x6 420pt.

Honestly, they're so solid on their own. Raelin helps against SA's.

Krav 100pt.
Phantom Knights x4 280pt.
Deathreavers x2 80pt.
Then depending on what point value you're playing that's around 500pt., add some kind of filling hero.

They don't need a screen, but thinking of Braxas...and Krav is a counter to ranged SA.

I love them, very flexible indeedy.
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:02 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

80 Raelin RotV
210 Phantom Knights x3
225 10th Regiment of Foot x3
515, 22 hexes

Sort of like your rock/scissors build, only my melee counter is Raelin-backed 10th. This is a very versatile build. I'd be comfortable playing this at a tournament.
Old February 24th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Phantom Knights- What's your army idea?

The dice are rattling around in my head with these guys. I can see lots and lots of possibilities. Here's one I want to try:

2xQuasatch Hunters 200
3xPhantom Knights 210
Kumiko 80
Isamu 10
500/17

Everybody's fast or potentially fast. PKs take out anything with normal range and strategically tie down melee chokepoints. The Hunters are melee monsters and Q9/Q10 killers. Kumiko provides the Special Attack if needed (WoA/Rats).

~Aldin, who also thinks there's a great KMA build of some sort

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 24th, 2010, 12:42 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

500:
5x PK
Major Q10

4x PK
Concan
Othkurik

4x PK
Braxas
Isamu

510:
4x 10th Reg (drop one)
3x PK
Old February 24th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
How about this?

3xPK
Raelin
KMA
AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 24th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
How about this?

3xPK
Raelin
KMA
AE
That's not a bad build at all, but my thoughts are running more along the lines of PK/KMA/Melee Killer that isn't terribly vulnerable to range without going to a Rat screen. I've been toying with Samurai and Ninjas but don't have anything I like yet.

~Aldin, who thinks tha PK work well in so many armies it's kinda hard to choose

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 24th, 2010, 01:10 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I think I threw a couple of these up in the other thread, but...

Phantom Knights x3 - 210
Raelin - 290
Krav - 390
Air Elemental x2 - 450, 15 hexes

"Air Elemental - the melee screen to buy when you don't have 80 Points."

Phantom Knights x4 - 280
Warriors of Ashra x2 - 380
Raelin SotM - 500, 19 hexes

I like SotM Raelin here, as there are a lot of squaddies to protect, the PK's are fast, and the Ashra will do fine with +1 against melee, which is why they're there.

Phantom Knights x2 - 140
Raelin - 220
Deathreavers x2 - 300
Krav Maga Agents - 400
Morsbane - 500, 19 hexes

Morsbane keeps popping up in my head to take away those ranged Special Attacks - I don't know why. The Krav are also a good counter, and will be your shooters behind the Raelin/Rat wall against melee.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 24th, 2010, 01:14 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
2xQuasatch Hunters 200
3xPhantom Knights 210
Kumiko 80
Isamu 10
500/17
This is just riffing on what you did, but how about:

210 PKx3
80 Omnicron Repulsors x2
210 Charos
500, 17 hexes

Although honestly, I'm not sure you really need a ratkiller with these guys, since they do a pretty good job of taking out most things that hide behind rats.

Quote:
That goes against my instincts in army construction, actually. I think of the KMA as antirange range, and the PK are already antirange. I guess the KMA are good to have against Nilfheim, but there's not a lot of other matchups where I'd really want them and the PKs.
Old February 24th, 2010, 01:15 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Krug 120
Eldgrim 30
PK's x 5 350

Krug takes on figures with special attacks. PK's do the rest.
Old February 24th, 2010, 01:42 PM
worthless thread clother

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sure, just tack on KMA, AE, Qs, Dragons, Stingers, 10th, like you all do anyways. Or . . .

200 Wyvern x 2
140 PK x 2
80 Raelin
80 Spiders

140 Othkurik
140 PK x 2
100 Syvarris
80 Raelin
40 Theracus
500 [I especially like this one!]

Next Generation

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion