Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 6th, 2011, 02:58 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
"Legal"? Well the law all depends on who is the law maker, and that varies from tournament to tournament - tournament director to tournament director. For example, I would accept proxy figures as long as they look close to the actual figure. However, GenCon would NEVER accept a proxy or modified figure in a tournament, although they do accept repainted figures. Also note that GenCon sets the standards for most local tournament scenes for Heroscape.
Folks I game with adhere to the bolded text above. I have heard of a few tourneys in the Lawton area in which even repaints aren't excepted, but this seems to have been isolated to a specific tournament director(s). Personally, I think repaints are awesome. I certainly have done a few of my own!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old September 6th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey, I realize that this seems stupid (because it is) but I'll ask anyway. How does one edit the title of a thread they've created. I wish to update a title. Quick response greatly appreciated.
Old September 6th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Go Advanced to edit the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 6th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Go Advanced to edit the title.
From the original first post.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:21 PM

heavyfishcannon Woo who?

Is there a version of HCC and the mapmaker that would work on windows 7.
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:22 PM

heavyfishcannon Woo who?

is there a version of HCC and the mapmaker for windows 7?
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Try GIMP or MSE. Look around in the Software section here, you'll find it

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyfishcannon View Post
is there a version of HCC and the mapmaker for windows 7?
Don't know about HCC, but MSE will work on Windows 7. Pretty sure I've used VirtualScape on my Windows 7 computer at home.

Edit: Yes, VirtualScape runs on my Windows 7 computer.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; September 7th, 2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old September 8th, 2011, 07:02 AM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Semi-official rulings - it has been officially decided that if a Wyvern lands purposefully on a lava space, any figure it uses Talon Grab to transport may also be put into an adjacent lava space, and in VERY LIKELY chance will die instantly (along with the Wyvern). This could possibly be a good tactic for removing ultra-high cost heroes in a suicide attack in the rare occasion that both your Wyvern and your opponent's figure are within 7 spaces of lava.
Are you allowed to just land on a land space adjacent to a molten lava space and drop them there because of what I've asked before water, lava, swamp, ice, are not level 0 they are considered level 1. Same with the terrain spaces beside it (if not stacked upon). So couldn't you just drop them in the lava without risking yourself, too?

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Old September 8th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Zero height tiles are same level as the tiles they are "stacked on". On the first level of a map, any water or lava tiles are a level lower than the tiles around them. If you have to step up from a water or lava tile, they are not same level. Most map makers prefer to surround lava and water with regular terrain, always making them lower than the terrain around them. They do not feel it is aestheticly pleasing otherwise. Hope this makes sense. Posting from my phone at work.

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!
Old September 8th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Double post!

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!
Old September 8th, 2011, 09:55 AM

AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Semi-official rulings - it has been officially decided that if a Wyvern lands purposefully on a lava space, any figure it uses Talon Grab to transport may also be put into an adjacent lava space, and in VERY LIKELY chance will die instantly (along with the Wyvern). This could possibly be a good tactic for removing ultra-high cost heroes in a suicide attack in the rare occasion that both your Wyvern and your opponent's figure are within 7 spaces of lava.
Are you allowed to just land on a land space adjacent to a molten lava space and drop them there because of what I've asked before water, lava, swamp, ice, are not level 0 they are considered level 1. Same with the terrain spaces beside it (if not stacked upon). So couldn't you just drop them in the lava without risking yourself, too?
See Xraine's post but I think you'll find the official rules state that zero level tiles must be stacked on another tile and therefor the minimum level they can be on is level 1.

Not that I've ever followed that rule - most of my zero level tiles are on the table at level zero.

You should try a volcanic erruption map in which the first player to use their third turn gets to add a lava tile to an existing lava tile each round. Depending on the map it can really add to the strategy of the games.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 8th, 2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Changing the map throughout the game can cause armies all sorts of issues. Not mine - they generally lose anyway :)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's