Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:45 PM

Tiak has disabled reputation
Is there going to be more Marvel Heroscape?

Hello All

Just curious if there is any news about any new Marvel Heroscape figues/sets. I have been waiting and looking since January. I love the sculpts of the Fantastic Three...I mean the Fantatsic Four -1...
Is there any word on when or If we'll ever see any New Marvel Heroscape figures? Was it a Flop or something?

"That's a dumb planet! If Someone tries to kill you, You try to kill em right back."
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:50 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Is there going to be more Marvel Heroscape?

I am not sure but I am pretty sure there will be alot more threads asking if there is going to be more.

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything since I first joined this site in January. I wish I could give some good news (like when it's coming out), but, alas, I cannot.

I do hope it comes out, though. It'll make it easier to do an all-marvel game with more than 2 players.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I am not sure but I am pretty sure there will be alot more threads asking if there is going to be more.
That's probably quite true.

Holylink718's Repaints

Last edited by holylink718; June 3rd, 2008 at 02:52 PM. Reason: clarification
Old June 3rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Onacara's response was his way of saying that there ARE a lot of threads on the subject already. It has been discussed quite a bit but the most information we've gotten was that it is all up in the air at the moment. The Marvel MS didn't sell that well and Wal-Mart may not want in on waves as a result. Waves will probably sell a lot better but still not as well as common squad waves from the normal game. Uniques are just hard to get rid of because people only need so many.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:04 PM

Maybe Hasbro should just sell them on HasbroToyShop then. I know they won't make as much money, but that would be better then not selling them at all, wouldn't it?

I, for one, would buy it, and I know a lot of other people would, too.

Of course, I don't claim to be an expert on how toy businesses work, so it could be a bad idea. Just a thought.

Holylink718's Repaints
Old June 3rd, 2008, 08:22 PM

its me lol is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by holylink718 View Post
Maybe Hasbro should just sell them on HasbroToyShop then. I know they won't make as much money, but that would be better then not selling them at all, wouldn't it?

I, for one, would buy it, and I know a lot of other people would, too.

Of course, I don't claim to be an expert on how toy businesses work, so it could be a bad idea. Just a thought.
I kind of doubt they would make a profit, because it costs a lot to make the sculpts. There would need to be more advertisements. 1 commercial in 05 is not enough. I am also looking forward to the thing.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
-Axl Rose

Last edited by its me lol; June 3rd, 2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

WoTC has said (on this site, if you can believe it) that the previewed wave 1 of Marvel at the very least will be released. After that seems up in the air and somewhat dependent on if they can get some more love from the big box stores (Walmart's name, in particular, has been tossed around in this sense).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 5th, 2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
WoTC has said (on this site, if you can believe it) that the previewed wave 1 of Marvel at the very least will be released. After that seems up in the air and somewhat dependent on if they can get some more love from the big box stores (Walmart's name, in particular, has been tossed around in this sense).
That sucks!

So, it's Wal-Mart that's holding us up.

Psst...let's go pay a visit to Wal-Mart's main administrative building and teach 'em what happens when they mess with our 'scape.

Just kidding.

(Can't be too careful in today's day and age)

Holylink718's Repaints
Old June 5th, 2008, 12:15 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

Just a quick thought --

Maybe it would help if, in addition to all the great heroes and villians we want so badly, they released some "commons".

These could be, for example, Shield Agents, Soldiers to attack the Hulk, some generic aliens, thugs/lackeys. That way, Marvelscape could have its own commons, which can be sold over and over (as opposed to uniques, which many peole will not buy multiples of). This would hopefully help the bottom line of any retailers selling Marvelscape.

While you might not want to use them all the time, said commons would provide options for some thematic battles (some of which people already do in mixed games). Ex - Hulk vs. lots of soldiers OR Spiderman vs. a bunch of thugs, maybe with a ring leader to deal with.
Old June 5th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedilou View Post
Just a quick thought --

Maybe it would help if, in addition to all the great heroes and villians we want so badly, they released some "commons".

These could be, for example, Shield Agents, Soldiers to attack the Hulk, some generic aliens, thugs/lackeys. That way, Marvelscape could have its own commons, which can be sold over and over (as opposed to uniques, which many peole will not buy multiples of). This would hopefully help the bottom line of any retailers selling Marvelscape.

While you might not want to use them all the time, said commons would provide options for some thematic battles (some of which people already do in mixed games). Ex - Hulk vs. lots of soldiers OR Spiderman vs. a bunch of thugs, maybe with a ring leader to deal with.
What Marvel squads could they make?
What are some classic squads that fit well in MarvelScape?
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:58 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

Cavalier,

Thanks for the info.

I, of course, knew that some people play regular HS squads vs. Marvel heroes. Also, I knew that I wasn't the first person to ever think that Marvel squads would be neat.

My point was more that these might make the game economically viable. However, this assumes that WoTC can get the big box stores to agree to accept 5 or more packs of common thugs to every 1 pack of unique and much cooler sounding heroes. They were able to convince them that 2 terrain to 1 pack of big heroes works, so hopefully it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

(Again, not saying no one else ever mentioned this, I just thought it was worth throwing out in a discussion about the future of Marvelscape).

Last edited by jedilou; June 5th, 2008 at 02:49 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion