Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 6th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Survive: Escape from Atlantis. Good times!
I've not played mine yet. Have the 2010 version with squids and 5-6 players expansion even so I must get it to the table soon. This Sunday for sure!
Do you know where you can get the Squid expansion? I just got this game and love it, and am really eager for some squids.
I got mine in the BGG store, but it looks like they are out. I don't see it available on Amazon either, and it's out of stock at both Coolstuff and MiniatureMarket.com. I did see on the Stronghold games website that more are expected to be available late in the first quarter of 2013.
Old February 6th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've not played mine yet. Have the 2010 version with squids and 5-6 players expansion even so I must get it to the table soon. This Sunday for sure!
Do you know where you can get the Squid expansion? I just got this game and love it, and am really eager for some squids.
I got mine in the BGG store, but it looks like they are out. I don't see it available on Amazon either, and it's out of stock at both Coolstuff and MiniatureMarket.com. I did see on the Stronghold games website that more are expected to be available late in the first quarter of 2013.

Played with the Squid expansion that my friend had once and it was brutal grabbing people off the land tiles

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Played with the Squid expansion that my friend had once and it was brutal grabbing people off the land tiles

I got my squids in a trade on BGG. Bought the 5-6 expansion from their marketplace.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 7th, 2013, 07:11 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I got my squids in a trade on BGG. Bought the 5-6 expansion from their marketplace.
Squids are rough, especially when playing against a ruthless 6 year-old.
Old February 7th, 2013, 07:58 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Good chance Survive will make it to the table at TotalCon in a couple weeks. Looking forward to it!

-----

Got in another partial game of 51st State with my son last night (bed time snuck up on us too quickly). The game can be frustrating to start as it can be difficult to get your engine going (or even figure out whay type of strategy you should take). But once things get moving you're pulling all kinds of 'moves' and scoring tons of points. This was especially true with my son last night. He was having a hard time getting any cards into his tableu to begin with and I jumped out to a pretty heafty lead. Then, about 5 turns later, he goes nuts and closes what was a comfortable 15 point gap down to just 5 points in one round. Fortunately for me we had to stop since it was a school night (end game trigger is when someone reaches 30+ points during the Count VPs Phase), but it left him thirsty for more. Always a good thing.

Game is getting better with each play!

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14

Last edited by nyys; February 7th, 2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old February 7th, 2013, 10:24 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Good chance Survive will make it to the table at TotalCon in a couple weeks. Looking forward to it!

-----

Got in another partial game of 51st State with my son last night (bed time snuck up on us too quickly). The game can be frustrating to start as it can be difficult to get your engine going (or even figure out whay type of strategy you should take). But once things get moving you're pulling all kinds of 'moves' and scoring tons of points. This was especially true with my son last night. He was having a hard time getting any cards into his tableu to begin with and I jumped out to a pretty heafty lead. Then, about 5 turns later, he goes nuts and closes what was a comfortable 15 point gap down to just 5 points in one round. Fortunately for me we had to stop since it was a school night (end game trigger is when someone reaches 30+ points during the Count VPs Phase), but it left him thirsty for more. Always a good thing.

Game is getting better with each play!
I tend to find it difficult to execute Incorporate actions, as it seems not enough opportunities exist to allow you to build your state.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:34 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Yeah if your faction's 'default' Incorporate distance isn't at least 2, it can be real tough to get going (as was the case for PJ last night). But then he got his hands on a couple of cards that produced a 1 distance Incorporate token each Production Phase (which cost only a 1 Incorporate distance token to get it out there), and then he was off to the races.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:33 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Another way around getting hung up like that with incorporating locations is to initiate Redevelopments... Of course, it means you lose your previous card, but if you can get the card type to match, and you can't afford the range, it saves you from that issue because redevelopments ignore the range value.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:19 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Nyys we seem to have similar interests this year, being both Seasons and Survive. I'll bring both of those so you can bring some more interesting things I don't own.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Got the free Ticket to Ride app for my iPhone. I predict hours of time wasting fun!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 7th, 2013, 08:11 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Got the free Ticket to Ride app for my iPhone. I predict hours of time wasting fun!
Is it free right now?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 7th, 2013, 08:29 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Is it free right now?
Yes, so is Europe I believe.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games