Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:10 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Marvel Legendary
The Hobbit Adventure Board Game
Courtier x2
Ticket to Ride

I liked Marvel Legendary, but I'm glad I tried before I bought (or not buying now as the case is). Not much here that I don't get out of other Deck Builders other than the theme, and I'm not a Supers gamer.

The Hobbit... ugh... ju... ugh...

First time playing courtier with 4 players and it was as good as I thought it would be, and as usual T2R is always fun.

Glad you liked Courtier with 4 players. Certainly fun!

Saturday night I had taught my 17 year-old nephew Star Wars X-Wing and Mice & Mystics. He like M&M quite a bit better.

Last night at game night we played:

Cosmic Encounter
with 6 players- I just couldn't get my card's power into use, nor draw cards.

Police Precinct
with 5 players and Dirty Cop option in play. We really loved this one. Dirty Cop barely won as the crime track moved over to fail. We let a gas leak blow up in order to spend more time searching for evidence to solve the murder, so that moved the crime track over it's first time, but then a lot of duplicate colored emergency cards came up and the Urgent marker emergency went as a fail a few times to move the crime track over. We ended up with 9 of the 11 pieces of evidence and the killer was on 4th street and a couple turns from escaping. The Dirty Cop was very subtle with his sabotaging of our plans, but was suspected. But when we had an Internal Affairs card come up and could have outed him, he matched the police card bid of another player and it went on as a non accusation. We were close enough to win that we didn't want to waste an action and 3 doughnuts to accuse him otherwise. Great game!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:44 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'm going to ge t a chance to play Police Precinct in a few weeks at TotalCon here in Massachusetts. From reading your play descriptions Hahma, I'm getting really excited about it.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

It was pretty awesome NYYS. I think you'll like it.

There are different ways to play it as well regarding a Dirty Cop. It comes with 6 good cop cards and 2 dirty cop cards (not to be confused with character cards). We had 5 players and shuffled 1 dirty cop card in with the other 4 good cop cards and then handed them out. So we knew one player was dirty. We could have instead shuffled 1 dirty cop card in with 6 good cop cards and dealt them out with 2 unused. That way we wouldn't have known if there was a dirty cop or not, because we could have all been good. But it would have been fun accusing others. For a 6 player game, 2 dirty cops could be used to have 2 dirty cops for certain, or add them to the 6 good cops and maybe there's 0, 1 or 2 dirty cops, nobody would know and that would be fun. 2 dirty cops in less than 6 player game would be pretty darn tough for the good cops.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing what you and your group thinks of it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Played Pandemic last night and failed to find cures before we ran out of cards.

Played some Mille Borne and I lost.

Then played some Zombicide and were zombie chow.

All in all the games kicked our arses.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:04 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Played Heroscape X 5 on Saturday. Went 3-2

Also played a 4 player game of Flash Point where we won pretty handily. I picked up the "Urban Structures." later that night.

Then we played a game of DC Deck Builder. Arcus dominated in that game. It was the first time that I played it and enjoyed it, although not as much as Marvel Legendary.

Finished up the night with my first play of Zombicide. I loved this game! We played scenario 10 and all 6 of us survived! I love how out of hand the game gets with zombies just spawning all over the place and chasing you all around the board. I was Josh and loved the "slippery" ability. Can't wait to play this great game again.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:29 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Played Pandemic last night...
So I have to ask... How do you feel about the idea of having to purchase two compatability packs to prevent your current copy of Pandemic and On the Brink from becoming obsolete when the new expansion releases?

It kind of leaves a sour taste in my mouth because it was in fact the first-line purchasers that got the game recognized, and now we're left to "upgrade" our games to avoid becoming obsolete. I still don't know yet if I'll purchase the compatability packs...

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:12 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Quote:
So I have to ask... How do you feel about the idea of having to purchase two compatability packs to prevent your current copy of Pandemic and On the Brink from becoming obsolete when the new expansion releases?

It kind of leaves a sour taste in my mouth because it was in fact the first-line purchasers that got the game recognized, and now we're left to "upgrade" our games to avoid becoming obsolete. I still don't know yet if I'll purchase the compatability packs...
They're releasing new Pandemic stuff?

New expansions requiring compatability packs means there's not a chance I'm buying them, as it's ridiculous. There's one version of the base game, there's no compatibility needed.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:09 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm pretty happy with my current Pandemic experience. I would consider buying another expansion, but not if that expansion requires two additional purchases. How absurd.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:00 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Quote:

They're releasing new Pandemic stuff?

New expansions requiring compatability packs means there's not a chance I'm buying them, as it's ridiculous. There's one version of the base game, there's no compatibility needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm pretty happy with my current Pandemic experience. I would consider buying another expansion, but not if that expansion requires two additional purchases. How absurd.
Yeah, Pandemic got a new facelift and an expansion called In The Lab will be coming out. There are two compatibility packs that give the new facelift to your old pandemic cards, including two new character roles.

So I thought, whatever... I'm fine with what I have as is. However, if you plan on buying In The Lab, you need the packs to combine your old games with the new expansion. ::cue in slap to the face::

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:20 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, I too will be passing on the "In The Lab" expansion for Pandemic.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:41 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll probably end up trading/selling my Pandemic / On the Brink and getting the new sets at a very low out of pocket so I'll be fine.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:39 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Included among SiserScaper's various birthday present was this little surprise:

There's very little decision making and it's about as silly as it looks, but the Manga makes it appealing to a 10 year old girl. So we took it out and played it. There were a couple odd little wrinkles to the rules and the birthday girl picked it up quickly enough, so that was a good exercise.

I couldn't guess where the giver found it. It's listed as a game from 2001 (BGG average rating: 4.0, which is an average of the one 4.0 rating the game has received) and it was still in shrink.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games