Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old March 15th, 2010, 11:57 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

100 Ornak
20 Marcu
110 Brunak
130 DW8k
140 DW9k
500, 6 hexes

Special attacks, uniques, and large size blunts the effectiveness of the opposing army's special powers.
100 DW7K
280 Dwarves x 4
120 Mogrimm
60 Darrak

DW7K takes out one or more of his deathwalker brothers. The dwarves swarm over the large figures. Mogrim uses Commanders Strike once the special attacking figures are tied up with dwarves. Darrak uses sneak attack.
Zelrig 185
Nilf 370
PKs x1 440
DeadEye 500

Use Deade eye to pick of dwarves until they get close enough for dragons to finish them off. Use the Pks to clean up.

Record Count Since First Tourney
Wins 45 Losses 52
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:51 AM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

210 KoW x3 for taking care of most of the army, and bonding with...
100 Sir Denrick, to take out the dragons
110 Alastair MacDirk, for dealing damage to whatever
80 Everan Sunshadow, for cleanup, and killing Phantom Knights (Insoulble doesn't work against special attacks)

Gilbert can also be used instead of Alastair to give the knights extra move and attack.
Old March 16th, 2010, 01:48 AM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
210 KoW x3 for taking care of most of the army, and bonding with...
100 Sir Denrick, to take out the dragons
110 Alastair MacDirk, for dealing damage to whatever
80 Everan Sunshadow, for cleanup, and killing Phantom Knights (Insoulble doesn't work against special attacks)

Gilbert can also be used instead of Alastair to give the knights extra move and attack.
Braxxas 210- to melt knights
Greenscales x2 330 (120)-to lock everyone down, provide a screen for braxxas and maybe kill denrick
cyprien 480 (150) to life drain whoever won't die(e.x. Alastair)
marcu 500 (20) for cleanup
500/10
Kill erevan with whoever when conviniant.

Keep your hints rational!
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:25 AM

Tiny Timmy knows what's in an order marker Tiny Timmy knows what's in an order marker

well i'll show you a real knight Army...

gilbert 105
5x knights 455
earth elemental 490
isamu 500

lets have it this way; there are way to many knights; tooo many... only 2 squads of greenscales would be over ran then you would have no screen

Don't to mention that i can swarm braxas and she isn't going to be doing disengaging with the knights.

as i feel said to admit - Cyprien is not a squad Killer... he will be demolished against the knight. because he has only 2 attacks vs 5.

i've only beaten one knight army but they didn't play the way they should have; I have came close however; Till matthias got his Jesus Dice... I'm confident this army can take on the braxas
Old March 16th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

The only problem with beating Braxas with Knights is trying to get a substantial number of KoW engaged with Braxas before she melts them.

If you are able to get to here then you'll be fine.
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:41 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

I think it would be closer than you think. Braxxas would melt till she dies greenscales would provide a hopeless screen and cyprien would only get two attacks per turn but each kill heals. Yours would probably win more than not but it might be close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Timmy View Post
well i'll show you a real knight Army...

gilbert 105
5x knights 455
earth elemental 490
isamu 500

lets have it this way; there are way to many knights; tooo many... only 2 squads of greenscales would be over ran then you would have no screen

Don't to mention that i can swarm braxas and she isn't going to be doing disengaging with the knights.

as i feel said to admit - Cyprien is not a squad Killer... he will be demolished against the knight. because he has only 2 attacks vs 5.

i've only beaten one knight army but they didn't play the way they should have; I have came close however; Till matthias got his Jesus Dice... I'm confident this army can take on the braxas

Keep your hints rational!
Old March 16th, 2010, 07:15 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
gilbert 105
5x knights 455
earth elemental 490
isamu 500

I'm confident this army can take on the braxas
It depends on who else Braxas has on her team.
Deathreavers x 4 160
Braxas 210
Raelin SOTM 120

The Deathreavers supported by Raelin SOTM make a shield that the KoW can't break through (they will be able to scatter on each KOW attack). Raelin SOTM provides the wider defense net. Braxas takes out everyone from range with PAB.
Old March 16th, 2010, 07:36 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Deathreavers x 4 160
Braxas 210
Raelin SOTM 120
I'm gonna go with something funky here...

150 Air Elemental x5
350 Fire Elemental x10
500, 15 hexes

Braxas has to roll hero numbers to take out the Elementals.

ETA: any combination of earth, fire, and air would probably do the job.

Last edited by dok; March 16th, 2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old March 16th, 2010, 08:48 PM

zcythe is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Deathreavers x 4 160
Braxas 210
Raelin SOTM 120
I'm gonna go with something funky here...

150 Air Elemental x5
350 Fire Elemental x10
500, 15 hexes

Braxas has to roll hero numbers to take out the Elementals.

ETA: any combination of earth, fire, and air would probably do the job.
80 Finn -Kamikaze on the fire and boost Brandis
90 Brandis Skywatcher -Takes out the airs
200 Obsidian Gaurd x2-Counter the fire elementals
110 Brunak -Also counter the fires
Marcu -filler

I'm not a schemer, I show schemers how pathetic there attempts to control things really are.
~The Joker
Old March 16th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
150 Air Elemental x5
350 Fire Elemental x10
500, 15 hexes
OGs x4 clog up the Fire Elementals
KMA shoot over the OGs
500/15

Edit: Bah 'd. 3 minutes too slow. (Plus I don't have much of an answer for the Stealth Flying Airs-I came up with this army to face Fires x12+Raelin, but didn't change it for the new opponent. Oh well.)

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old March 16th, 2010, 09:40 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
150 Air Elemental x5
350 Fire Elemental x10
500, 15 hexes
OGs x4 clog up the Fire Elementals
KMA shoot over the OGs
500/15

Edit: Bah 'd. 3 minutes too slow. (Plus I don't have much of an answer for the Stealth Flying Airs-I came up with this army to face Fires x12+Raelin, but didn't change it for the new opponent. Oh well.)
It still works fine. The non-Kurrok army will get beat by most things that can attack 3 times per OM.

Serious army time: here's my counter:

80 Raelin RotV
140 Phantom Knights x2
120 Blastarons x2
160 Gladiatrons x2
500, 23 hexes

I'm gonna be a stickler on this one; I'd enjoy a serious discussion of counters to this army.
Old March 16th, 2010, 10:11 PM

Fenmeister Woo who?

Q9 180
2x Mohicans 140
Brave Arrow 50
Raelin 80
Marro Warriors 50

I think this might work. Q9s special attacks hurt the pks and glads. Concealment hurts the blasts, and rae and MW really help the army's longivety.

You must have taken the Blue Pill from Agent Carr.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion