Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:06 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Sharwin Wildborn Pre-Release Discussion

So, after reading the posts about her being good vs. legos. I have concluded that this pack is good and bad for the Romans. Sharwin has her chainstrike;Foehammer is a warlord, this means it would be easier to field a dwarf/Roman army. I know that's one of the first things I'll try upon receiving my order.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:09 PM

Fenmeister Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell
As far as the little "beating a whole army by herself" tidbit. I could see the dice gods aligning and that happening.
I guess Runa is way overpowered to! Her power has the potential to take out, like, twenty figures at once! Man oh man is she broken!

And don't forget about Deathwalker 8000, either! His attacks could go on forever! The designers had better do something to tame this omnipotent unit.

Now, on a different note, I really, really like her, but I'm afraid that she might be just a paper tiger.

-scorp
she is a paper tiger...by herself. she needs bacon/glyphs to do well, but if you can get her defense and normal attack boosted....she seems like a pretty powerful unit. as for the crappy rapid fire...well....meh, but it's still useful.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:21 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post

The only real issue I had with the elf-subspecies not being elves was that in DnD the count as elves for everything that cares about race. (At least in the versions I'm familiar with.)

On a related note, for some reason I really want to play her with Knights and Thorgrim.
I wish HeroScape had kept Eladrin and Elves and Drow all seperated. I posted earlier about this, but it seems to have gotten lost (or no one cared ). I would have really liked it if Elves belonged to Ullar, Drow to Utgar, and Eladrin to Jandar. Having Eladrin belong to Ullar too just doesn't feel right. It seems to awaken the feelings of ClassicScape being replaced by DnDScape. If they had been exclusively Jandar, for me it would have just been the addition of another cool elven race like the Drow. Now it feels like Eladrin are the new good-elves, and I don't like it.

ClanCampbell's not the only one that has negative feelings about DnDScape, but I admit I am really fond of some of the new stuff. I just wish some small things were different about it, like this Eladrin thing.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:44 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Very cool powers all around, but low stats that balance them all out.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 3rd, 2010, 10:29 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

She seems like she'd be a pretty darn good cleanup hero, especially with Thorgrim's Spirit or a Talisman of Defense/Ring of Protection.

Has anyone noticed that the Ring of Protection is potentially sick with Torin and Sharwin?

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 4th, 2010, 03:36 AM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker

I must say I am not that impressed.
Her stats are not that great, and her special attack only really works if the enemy is clumped together.
Her riposte will probably have the same effect as heroes like Finn and Thorgrim, the opponent will simply engage her with a high defence figure/squad and then ignore her as long as he/she can get in multiple attacks elsewhere on ones army.
Old March 4th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Arcane riposte, I have a problem with. Counterstrike and Evil Eye rolled into one? I'm not using the "B" word, I'm just saying to me its another case of pushing the envelope just a tad too far.
Why not? You always claim every figure is broken, then you're proven wrong. I get so ridiculously sick of the proclaimations that "Heroscape is Dooooomed", and "That Figure Is Going To Ruin The Game".

Grunge and crew have this stuff well in hand. They've played HUNDRED of games with these figures. By you, and others like you, making these wild accusations without ever actually having played a game with them...it's just so narrow, shortsighted, and not to use the "R" word, RETARDED.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old March 4th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Quote:
Arcane riposte, I have a problem with. Counterstrike and Evil Eye rolled into one? I'm not using the "B" word, I'm just saying to me its another case of pushing the envelope just a tad too far.
Why not? You always claim every figure is broken, then you're proven wrong. I get so ridiculously sick of the proclaimations that "Heroscape is Dooooomed", and "That Figure Is Going To Ruin The Game".

Grunge and crew have this stuff well in hand. They've played HUNDRED of games with these figures. By you, and others like you, making these wild accusations without ever actually having played a game with them...it's just so narrow, shortsighted, and not to use the "R" word, RETARDED.
I didn't say this figure was broken. In fact it says I'm not saying its broken.

I claim every figure is broken? The only unit I've ever said that about was the Greenscales.

I'm not making wild accusations, nor am I saying heroscape is doomed because of this one figure. I don't like one power on the figure.

I have a right to my opinion as much as you have a right to yours.

Retarded, this is how you respond by calling someone a name. As much as I don't like DnD I've never resorted to name calling. All in all I have to say thats a pretty low class move there Superfly.

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!
Old March 4th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Quote:

I didn't say this figure was broken. In fact it says I'm not saying its broken.

I claim every figure is broken? The only unit I've ever said that about was the Greenscales.

I'm not making wild accusations, nor am I saying heroscape is doomed because of this one figure. I don't like one power on the figure.

I have a right to my opinion as much as you have a right to yours.

Retarded, this is how you respond by calling someone a name. As much as I don't like DnD I've never resorted to name calling. All in all I have to say thats a pretty low class move there Superfly.
You have to admit ClanC, you have over-played you chicken little routine on us. Every Wednesday we have to watch as you seem to pick a random figure and proclaim that it will have a profoundly negative impact on the game. Seems like within minutes, the folks who are more knowledgeable and experienced with Heroscape than you are, put you straight. This should clue you in that perhaps you are jumping the gun and allowing your emotional objections to D&D to cloud your judgement. You have very little clout left around here because of this. Just saying...

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old March 4th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
You have to admit ClanC, you have over-played you chicken little routine on us. Every Wednesday we have to watch as you seem to pick a random figure and proclaim that it will have a profoundly negative impact on the game. Seems like within minutes, the folks who are more knowledgeable and experienced with Heroscape than you are, put you straight. This should clue you in that perhaps you are jumping the gun and allowing your emotional objections to D&D to cloud your judgement. You have very little clout left around here because of this. Just saying...
Aside from this figure and the greenscales, I've said nothing negative about any other figure from this set. Every Wednesday? Thats a bit off, 2 out of the 4 maybe.

I've lost clout around here. I won't ride the happy bus with everyone else and am therefor an outcast. It is what it is.

At least there's no more previews for me to randomly trash each week.

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!
Old March 4th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I've lost clout around here. I won't ride the happy bus with everyone else and am therefor an outcast. It is what it is.

You say this as a response too much. You should man up and admit your wrong. Nobody cares about any happy bus and nobody cares if you aren't on it. This is about your judgement. If you claim figures are broken, folks are going to call you on it. If you point back and say "happy bus", we are going to lose any respect we had for you. I like your posting here, I just want you to cool your jets and think before you make ridiculous accusations about our releases.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old March 4th, 2010, 10:50 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Aside from this figure and the greenscales, I've said nothing negative about any other figure from this set.
You've said the Hydras were power creep.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units