Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 28th, 2010, 11:12 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Most useless special ability award

Personally, I think Venoc Warlord's "Handle Hot Cookie Tray" special ability is useless...

Unless you're having a Heroscape bake sale.
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:03 PM

bgraves321 Woo who?

@SpartanNinja: that's when I would punch him in arm and steal his weighted die.

@wulfhunter667: HAHAHA. You just made me day ... and reminded me how good a fresh cookie sounds right about now ... bg
Old February 28th, 2010, 02:37 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Soul Devourer can be OK. In a Heat of Battle, the Shades will do much better, because you can surround your opponent's heros early (before the game even starts), giving you a lot more chances to get it.

Don't forget, you can try it with EVERY shade you control, not just three of them.
You have a point, as opposed to Kee-mo-shi or Ne-gok-sa, with the shades you can roll the die multiple times.
Old February 28th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Soul Devourer is great fun, that alone knocks it from the most useless awards

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old February 28th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!

I'd like throw in an anti-vote for the Marro Stingers. A lot of people say to act like Stinger Drain isn't on the card, but when an expensive hero has a ton of OM's on its card, I say go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 28th, 2010, 04:58 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanNinja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobosock View Post
Ne-gok-sa's mind control 20. I've NEVER seen it succeed.
Really? We just had a game a few weeks ago that my brother's Ne-Gok-Sa mindshackled my Sonlen, Dund, and our cousin's Feral Troll all in a row (same round)... he almost had my Sir Dupuis instead of the Feral Troll, but I got outta there before he had the chance. All he did was sing "You gotta roll like a troll" in a goat's voice and he got a twenty every time, even initiative... Gaaaah!
Three straight rolls of 20?!?!? Play the lottery...

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old February 28th, 2010, 05:10 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

Negitive element.
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:10 PM

hobosock is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanNinja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobosock View Post
Ne-gok-sa's mind control 20. I've NEVER seen it succeed.
Really? We just had a game a few weeks ago that my brother's Ne-Gok-Sa mindshackled my Sonlen, Dund, and our cousin's Feral Troll all in a row (same round)... he almost had my Sir Dupuis instead of the Feral Troll, but I got outta there before he had the chance. All he did was sing "You gotta roll like a troll" in a goat's voice and he got a twenty every time, even initiative... Gaaaah!
As I said in my later post: "I guess it depends on your experience with it."

That being said, I like the AEs' grenades. If you can drop them early, your opponent will still be grouped together in the starting zone. I've played plenty of games were the grenades wiped out entire squads.

Oh! Roll more skulls! Why didn't I think of that?
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:13 PM

Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker

I've noticed a lot of negative votes for Self-Destruct. I have personally done well with it. A better example would be when DW7K finished of Abomination, severely damaged Sgt Drake 2, and killed an airborne. It incorporates luck, but it sounds to me that people are afraid of getting a bad roll or not doing enough raw point damage for him to be useful. EVERY figure has his bad days, DW7K does have a normal attack, he has Stealth Dodge which allows for other tactics and strategies, and just because he doesn't destroy his RAW point value doesn't mean he hasn't dealt a mortal blow. Finishing off Raelin who is giving Snipers 5-6 defense (depending on height) or Taelord who is giving them 2-3 attack? This is one of many examples. Sometimes eliminating a figure, regardless of cost, is a top priority, so a 60 point figure could be worth losing a 100 point figure over.

As for my vote of least useful move, I have seen the Berserker Charge enhancement mentioned, as well, and I'd say that is practically useless. Not totally useless, but only one unique squad (not played much) gets a bonus of +1 to an okay ability. Not much going on there. Utgar's Orders I'd say wasn't that great, either, but it has potential of another kind and apparently it has been used successfully. I think every ability is usefull in one way or another, but Berserker enhancement is pushing it; the only one I might say is officially useless.

For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, ...authorities, ...the world powers of this darkness, ...the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. Ephesians 6:12.
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:25 PM

Fenmeister Woo who?

Probably Toxic skin as it works inversely to mindshackle 19.
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
Negitive element.
We have a winner.
Old February 28th, 2010, 07:18 PM

Fenmeister Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post