Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 28th, 2008, 08:02 PM

NFCfan has disabled reputation
i'd replace her with Isamu and just go in 10 points under
Old March 28th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus
Maybe Zetacron will come in at 100 or 110 to fill the "special attack killer" gap in this army?
That would sure be nice. Coming in as the cheapest large-Soulborg hero would make people take a hard look at him for his defensive worth, and the other ranged heroes in that price range, like Laglor and Syvarris, can't produce one major shot like I'm guessing Zetacron will. He could end up being one of the better single-attack heroes in the game.
Old March 28th, 2008, 11:59 PM

Topher is surprisingly tart
This question is part about the Gorillinators, part about Spider-Man and part about the games workings; but since this is a more active area then Marvel I have decided to ask it here.

When Spider-Man attacks a Gorillinator with his Web Special Attack, which causes the defending unit to roll one less defense die, do they not get to roll any defense dice at all? Since it's a special attack it negates their Tough ability and they only have a defense of one. Here is a link to the Book of Spider-man...

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=9716

Now, is there a rule somewhere that states figures always get at least one defense die. I know that abilities like Whip and Net Trip totally remove a units chance to defend but does the Web Special Attack work like that in this instance?

In the game I just finished I played is where the Gorillinators could not defend from the Web Special Attack. That makes the most sense to me but then again what do I know?
Old March 29th, 2008, 12:04 AM

there is no rule that says that a unit gets atleast 1 defense die. If there was it would not make alot of sense to have units like the vipers that have 0 for defense
Old March 29th, 2008, 12:10 AM

Topher is surprisingly tart
Well, that was fast.

I didn't think there was any such rule because I have read all the rule books several times; in fact, I have never really had any rule questions before because between reading the rule books and reading the cards you should be able to figure it out. Everything is pretty clear if you have a little sense at all. This however made me wonder a bit... well to be honest it made my brother wonder because he had the Gorillinators and I had Spider-Man. He was none to pleased with having no hope for defense.
Old March 29th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yes, it does suck. As I was testing them out the other day, we were joking about how the gorillanators apparently have severe arachnophobia. Plinking one of those guys with a web shot is a pretty easy 30 points.
Old March 29th, 2008, 03:37 AM

other than the Venoc's, the Gorillas are the other matchup that DW8k absolutely demolishes
Old June 20th, 2008, 10:25 AM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Gorillinators

and now Zelrig is here.

I love the sculpts, but really, is there any hope for the Gorillanators? It's hard to embrace the suck for a unit that has so many ways to bypass a cool ability that got nerfed by a plethora of special attacks.

They're cyborg gorillas with universe-renowned armor, but they fold like vipers to an ever-increasing number of options for your opponent.

Maybe one of those hated errata that allow them to have the auto shield whenever at least one skull is rolled in an attack against them?

Maybe its proof that the designers of heroscape think monkeys are too dumb for humans to have evolved from, and any armor made by primates would be useless in most cases.
Old June 20th, 2008, 11:16 AM

Acinonyx has disabled reputation

The trend has been for lame and unloved units to get a pick-me-up from later expansions, except for the 'nators. They just get worse and worse. The movement bonding is neat and all, but it does little to balance the high cost and horrible defense (that keeps getting worse, as there are more special attacks around).

Even against units with only a regular attack; the gorillinators are pretty lame. A squad is only a marginal favorite over the marro warriors which are 40 points less. The only 'advantage' they might have is being common, but why in the world would I want 180+ points worth of these poor saps unless I was trying to really boost the self esteem of my opponent?
Old June 20th, 2008, 12:25 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart

This sucks, I love the Gorillanators! I usually do well with them in games with my girlfriend but then we never get enough time to try every possibility. I imagine the original thought was, "Oh, well they get an automatic 1 shield when attacked so let's not give them too many dice." Is 2 so much to ask for in case of emergency? Is it possible to expect a rules retcon?

I still have hope for the primadon race. I want to see more of them soon, maybe even in Wave 9. Perhaps they can have a type of synergy that improves the Gorillanators, or just makes themselves more effective if the 'nators are around. I can also see Alphallon Bonding, and hopefully another hero with the class of Alphallon, to give a purpose to Laglor's status. The primadons are a smart, highly evolved, and technologically advanced race; I don't see why Vydar hasn't gotten more of them already But then again there's a lot I'm hoping for in Wave 9; just getting one of them would be great.
Old June 25th, 2008, 08:27 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!

Save the Gorrillas Gorrillinators!
Old June 25th, 2008, 08:55 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I try to think of the Gorillinators as an offensive unit more than a defensive unit. Funny, considering they have Tough; but, with a high move and some Nakitas around, it's pretty easy to get height quickly. Then there's the ol' 3-3-3. Surviving on defense is more a luxury than a necessity.

That said, there are units that have a nightmare of a time disposing of the 'Nators, particularly any unit with 2 attack or less and no SA.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units