Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old January 27th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: A New Threat-Chapter 15

Chapter 16

Dawn’s light was just beginning to show above the treetops, spreading a radiant golden red light on the entire forest. The beauty had no effect on the forces of Utgar that stealthily crept through the brush, or the Spartan units. The forces of evil were but a mile from the camp of the allies. Arnot slowly closed the golden visor on his green helmet, and motioned to the Utgarian forces. Attack. The marro would begin the assault, followed by orcs, then zombies, then soulborgs. A lieutenant marched up to the general. “Sir,” he began, “should we send in some troops?” Arnot shook his head. “One of the first rules in chess is, send the pawns first.” The man nodded. “Very good, sir.”

Theracus flew into the camp, gasping for breath. Jandar strode out from his tent as the scout began to report. “Sir, the forces of Utgar and Arnot are beginning to assemble, and are about to attack. They are only a mile away by now.” Jandar was well-known for his resourcefulness. “Fly to each of the generals! Tell Einar to move to the east, Vydar from the west, Ullar from the south, and I shall attack from the north.” The Gryphillin saluted with his wing. The general took in a deep breath of the fresh morning air, and then turned to his bodyguard of Sentinels. “Prepare my war armor.”

The battlefield was a peaceful spot; red oak trees that had stood there for centuries loomed over the entire area like watchful guardians. Green, springy moss blanketed the entire place, and fern plants grew in abundance. This was the last place anyone would have thought a bloody fight would’ve taken place. The marro had just come into position, readying their weapons in anticipation. Cyprien raised his hand. The vampire’s keen eyes had detected movement. Kee-Mo-Shi came up. “Whaaat issss wrong, vampire?” she questioned in an annoying, grating voice. The undead lord sniffed. “We are being watched,” he answered in his cold, oily voice.

Sir Denrick muttered a quick prayer before drawing his sword. His knights, his faithful knights, drew theirs as well. Behind them, Alistair was talking quietly to his men, while Johnny was making sure his minutemen had their guns ready and loaded. The knight looked over to Sir Gilbert, who grinned. “Lets win some for Jandar!”

Cyprien bared his fangs, and screamed, “CHAAAAAAARGE!!!!”

Denrick smiled, then roared, “CHAAAAAAAARGE!!!!”

The armies charged.
Old February 1st, 2009, 04:28 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: A New Threat-Chapter 16

Hmm....It seems that the fan fics are going through a tough time.
Old February 5th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Re: A New Threat-Chapter 16

Chapter 17

Ulgrath awoke with a start. The jet was empty; and it was early morning. Slowly, the he began to remember what had happened. After leaping into the jet, Ulgrath had somehow evaded the troopers, and had hidden in the cargo hold, where he had lost consciousness from loss of blood and fatigue. Arnot may have the plans again. The thought put him into action; ripping a hole from the air ship. The red mist was beginning to come back now, and he welcomed it. It would come in handy. With a growl, he jumped out of the jet. The ship had landed in a hangar, and Spartan soldiers were training their weapons on the intruder. A soldier, holding a Spartan Laser, cautiously came forward. “Put your hands in the air, alien!”

Drake’s sword whirled through the air, whistling sharply before slicing down on a heavy grut. The battle had begun. The knights were the first in battle, expertly using swords and shields against the marro and orcs. Marro and Orcs by the scores poured into the battle, grunting with excitement and blood lust. “Form ranks, you mud scum, charge!” yelled Tornak as he speared a minuteman. The orcs inspired by their leader’s bravery, reformed, and began to slowly whittle the knights away. Gilbert thrust his sword into the throat of a drudge, and then whacked a grut down with his flag. He yelled in relish as he stuck the orc like a pig, and then paused as drool fell onto his helmet. He turned around, and the last thing he saw were two rows of savage, razor sharp teeth. Grimnak howled in laughter as his dinosaur gulped down the dead flag bearer. With a howl, he ordered the beast into the thick of battle; the dinosaur killing with its teeth and feet, and the orc with his spear and axe. Denrick was losing his strength. No matter how many he killed, more sprung up. Time seemed to slow down as he hacked the head off of an orc, just before two more sprang up with wicked, jagged spears. They raised their weapons, drooling with the anticipation of blood. A twang, and then a whistle. One of the orcs grunted in surprise as an arrow hit it square in the chest. The remaining orc dropped it’s spear and ran only to be struck down by yet another arrow. Denrick looked behind him to see the daimyo Kato smiling as Kaemon Awa readied his bow again. The samurai forces had come, and not a minute too soon.

Arnot sat watching the entire battle, slowly fingering his small knife handle. A helicopter landed. “Sir, we have the plans,” reported a private somewhat haughtily. The general nodded. “Take me back to the base, I want the weapon ASAP.”

The hangar was a mass of flames and debris as Ulgrath strode away. Now to find the general.

The helicopter lifted into the air, bound for the base of the Spartans. Within minutes, Arnot would have his ultimate weapon, and he would use it to bring down Valhalla and all that it stood for.

Einar and Jandar had regrouped, and not far away, Ullar and Vydar were doing the same. The armies are just about even, Jandar pondered. Soon, the war could be over. “Let’s finish it.”

The story probably will have 3 or 4 more parts; and I hope you've enjoyed this fan fic!
Old February 7th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Re: A New Threat-Chapter 17

I'm sorry if my writing has been a bit bad of late (maybe that explains the lack of comments) and I think my creative ideas are about to run dry, so I'm going to take a break and try and get my writing juices going again.
Old February 14th, 2009, 01:30 AM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker
Question Re: A New Threat-Chapter 17

How much longer until you can post your new chapter? I really enjoy your story, just please tell me will it come out soon? I want to know what happens next.

I also wondered how long it took you to think up this whole entire story?
Old February 14th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro-man View Post
How much longer until you can post your new chapter? I really enjoy your story, just please tell me will it come out soon? I want to know what happens next.

I thought it up after watching some sci-fi movie, but I don't remember which one. Ulgrath is modeled somewhat on Abomination, and I'm sure you can guess where the Spartans are modeled from. Right now, I'm might be going somewhere very soon so I won't have time to write or get on Heroscapers for about 2 or 3 weeks. Thanks for reading, glad I still have some fans! Sorry if my writing has been a bit wanting of late.
Old February 14th, 2009, 09:49 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro-man View Post

I thought it up after watching some sci-fi movie, but I don't remember which one. Ulgrath is modeled somewhat on Abomination, and I'm sure you can guess where the Spartans are modeled from. Right now, I'm might be going somewhere very soon so I won't have time to write or get on Heroscapers for about 2 or 3 weeks. Thanks for reading, glad I still have some fans! Sorry if my writing has been a bit wanting of late.

Oh, I don't think your writing has been a bit wanting of late! I LOVE this story maybe partially because I couldn't write a good sci-fi story to save my life!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Chapter 18

The armies had fought all day, without much of an advantage going either way. Dusk began to settle on the forest, and darkness enveloped the cold carcasses of the dead. Jandar slumped into his chair, wearily pouring a cup of wine for himself while Kelda mending his wounds dexterously. The day had been one long fruitless waste, he mused sullenly. Very little casualties for both armies, but fatigue and doubt of victory were beginning to settle in on his troops. “I’ve got to win tomorrow, by all means.” Just then, a sentinel marched in, placing his fist to his chest in salute. “General, Sgt. Drake has returned without the alien, device, Sonlen, and has very little forces and he asks for a meeting.” The general scowled. “Very well, send him in.” Drake came in, splattered with mud, and with a thin, scraggly beard beginning to grow. Jandar continued to glare. “Sir, Ulgrath took off after the device when we lost it again, and I have reason to believe that right now he’s in Arnot’s HQ’s. The glare disappeared, replaced by alarm. “Get some rest, Sgt. Tomorrow, I’m sending you on another mission.” Drake groaned, despite himself. “General, why can’t I ever get a normal job of going into battle and killing some marro and orcs for trophies?” “I want you to return with Ulgrath, or the device.” Drake saluted and began to walk out. “Oh, and Drake,” the Sgt stopped. “Don’t fail me this time.”

“General Arnot, the weapon is ready.” Arnot strode up to the table, gazing down onto the object. He put the it on, feeling the power that coursed through his body. The device fit perfectly in onto his wrist, all he needed to do to activate it was to flex. “The enemy is in for a surprise.”

Nilfheim. The White Dragon. King of the Beasts. Mr. Freeze. These were some of the many names that the dragon had. Nilfheim relished it, the fame. And the fear. Whenever he flew into battle, the orcs and marro knew what was about to happen. And so it was today. The battle had begun afresh, with the Dzu-Teh charging in with their huge leader against the zombies. So far, the battle was going splendidly; not one single casualty for his forces. Nilfheim roared in victory. Zhhhhhhhh….. The Dzu-Teh looked around, trying to locate the strange sound. The White Dragon paused his rejoicing. “What is that?” he asked gruffly. KAZAAAAAM!!!! He lurched forward, feeling the energy draining from his body. Arnot walked slowly out of a cluster of trees, flanked by two bodyguards. His arm was extended, the device glowing a bright red, draining the dragon and giving the power to Arnot. Nilfheim, unbeatable Nilfheim, felt the life leaving him. Arnot raised his visor, and smiled. “This is the start of a new dawn, dragon, and you shall be my first victory.” The Dzu-Teh growled viciously as their leader breathed his last, then charged in fury. They did not get far. Arnot unleashed the power from Nilfheim onto his followers, freezing them in their tracks. “Valhalla shall fall today!”
Old March 11th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Re: A New Threat-Chapter 18

Sorry for the long delay, I do intend to write a new chapter soon! The story will most likely have 4 more chapters.
Old March 11th, 2009, 06:52 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Sorry for the long delay, I do intend to write a new chapter soon! The story will most likely have 4 more chapters.
Take your time! I like how you don't hold back from killing off fan favorites!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old March 18th, 2009, 10:25 PM

JANDAR88 has disabled reputation

This is one cool story. I can't wait to see how it ends.

BLACKMOON'S SIEGE
Heroscape Wave 9 / Coming in July of 2009
(Everyone do this)
Old March 20th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Chilly Fangirl

Chapter 19

The morning sun beat down on Drake and the rest of the elite team of Sentinels and Glad/Blast forces. They had started out early in the unusually humid and scorching day. The sentinels glanced around nervously; they were getting close. They stepped out into the clearing. Drake gasped. The entire HQ was destroyed, wreathed in flames and smoke. Not one thing had been spared; the entire place was a desolate graveyard. “Ulgrath!” No answer. A gladiatron strode up. “Commander, it appears we must continue searching for our quarry.” With a sigh, Drake nodded.

Kaemon Awa fell to the ground, mind-numbing pain coursing through his entire being. It… should not… end… like this, he thought brokenly. Arnot stood above him, the device glowing as it sucked the life from its victim. Turning, Arnot unleashed the power on a group of samurai archers, decimating them and the ground they’d stood on. Thoom. The Spartan general paused from his slaughter, wondering what that noise had been. Thoom. Denrick made good with the disturbance. “Form ranks!” he yelled, trying to get his hopelessly chaotic troops back into order. Thoom. “What the blazes is that,” Arnot barked angrily. Ulgrath charged out from the forest, eyes blazing, mouth wide open, revealing sharp teeth. The alien sprinted towards Arnot, knocking over whatever was in his way. Arnot was not one to be taken by surprise. Raising his arm, he fired coolly at the approaching enemy, blasting him through the stomach. Ulgrath gasped as the air was taken out of him as he landed. The wound quickly healed, but Ulgrath was still unable to move. Arnot grimaced as he saw the ranks of Jandar, Einar, Ullar, and Vydar begin to regroup and encircle them. Ulgrath began to get up slowly, breathing heavily. “I just destroyed your base, Arnot,” he chuckled. Arnot began to re-aim his weapon. “Then burn with it.” BLAM! Arnot fell to his knees, a bullet in his back. Drake strode out, pistol smoking. “Grab him!” he yelled to the gladiatrons, then turned back to Arnot. He was gone. A branch snapped far to the east. Ulgrath growled. “Drake, we need to kill him.” Drake shook his head. “Nuh uh, buddy, I’ve got to take care of that,” he said, pointing to the remainder of the Utgar army. Ulgrath looked shocked. “Now that we finally have a chance to kill him, you’re going to just, just leave?!” Drake sighed. “Look, Ulgrath, Utgar is more of a problem here, ok?” The alien growled. “I won’t forget this Drake, you will pay for this. No one ditches Ulgrath!” Drake looked at him closely. Ulgrath’s eyes were dilated, and jagged, red veins showed. Ulgrath was tense, nervous, with a crazed look. With that final look, Drake made up his mind. “Ulgrath, this….mission of yours has done something to you, and I can’t help you.” A hiss escaped through Ulgrath’s clenched teeth. “You will die for this,” he whispered, then took off in the direction of Arnot. Jandar walked over. The sergeant looked at him. “Commander, I think we just gained a very dangerous enemy.”

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction