Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old June 9th, 2020, 04:59 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Workbook of Boromir

I'm back in commission and ready to contribute! First off a huge hats off to Caps for restarting the project. I'm impressed with what we have so far. Our first go at it didn't go to hot to say the least, but I'm confident we'll do better this time.

Regarding the corruption to the ring: I don't think we need to use of our power slots on a negative power. My proposal is to change his personality to proud. Proud encompasses both positive and negative connotations that define his character. When we make the rings we can add a modifier that works with characters that have personality that are more susceptible to the ring. Example, add three to your die roll if the figure has a reckless, tormented or proud personality. We get a power slot free and Boromir is still more corruptible by the ring.

Two version of Boromir: This is something I'm pretty vehemently against. Boromir was the say person in the Fellowship as he was in Gondor. This is not the case with say Strider and Elessar. It's up to use to make a card that encompasses all aspects of his character. I think it's very doable.

Horn of Gondor:

HORN OF GONDOR
Once per game, after revealing on order marker on this card, before taking a turn with Boromir, you may move up to 3 figures you control up to 5 spaces each. Figures must be able to move within 5 spaces of Boromir to be moved with Horn of Gondor.

I don't like this power. It looks fine on paper, but my fear is many games will be OM 1 on Boromir then use Horn of Gondor. That isn't very thematic and is an uninteresting play style.

HORN OF GONDOR
If Boromir is destroyed by a normal attack, you may immediately move up to 4 figures you control their maximum movement. Figures moved by Horn of Gondor do not take leaving engagement attacks.

This is closer to what I was thinking. Boromir doesn't use the Horn unless at great need. As such there should be a prerequisite to activated Horn of Gondor. White Knight chose when he's destroyed. I think that could work but, but I prefer when he's wounded. We could combine that with one shield defense so we can keep his life lowers, and HoG doesn't become too strong.

If HoG only works when he's wounded that encourages you to be aggressive with Boromir and have him leading the charge. That is exactly how he should play.

Third power: A proud personality shows he's susceptibility to the ring. HoG is one of his defining characteristics, and is not only thematic on paper, but thematic and leads to interesting game play. One shield defense shows his hardiness, and synergies well with HoG. The last thing we need to round out his character is a power to show he's a great leader of men. Admittedly I haven't started thinking about what I want it to be.

General: I strongly prefer we went with LotR specific generals, but it appears that ship has sailed into the west. Einar or Jandar work fine.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs