Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 5th, 2013, 07:13 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CronArmy View Post
So I don't know if this has been asked before, so forgive me if it has; but it's a mind shackle question. In a recent game both my friend and I had a Syveris in our armies. His was taken out early on. Later he tried to take control of mine with mind shackle, is this allowed? Since his was already out of play it's not technically him having two on the board at the same time, so we had no idea. I ended up allowing it since I figured it wouldn't work, but of course this was when fate granted him a 20 -_- ended up causing quite a shift in the battle as you can imagine.

But anyway, anyone know if this was legal or not? Seem like it could go both ways to me.
Yup, because his original Syvarris was no longer in play your opponent *could* mindshackle yours.
Sorry, but No. He previously controlled Syvarris at one point, so he could not take control of yours, even if he destroyed it.

This is due to the Glyph of Sturla (Revive), which could allow for the possibility of his Syvarris coming back, creating major issues.
Oops. Apparently I need to read the FAQ's again.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

OK, I read through the FAQs but I don't think this was ever addressed:

Scenario
- I have Thorgrimm and Ne-Gok-Sa in my army. My opponent has Thorgrimm and Raelin in her army.
- My opponent's Thorgrimm dies and she places her Thorgrimm on her Raelin
- My Ne-Gok-Sa Mindshackles her Raelin.
- I control Raelin
- My Thorgrimm dies and I place his Spirit on Raelin
- Raelin now has two Thorgrim Spirits on her

But that would seem to contradict the FAQ that you cannot have two of the same figure in your army.

Mindshackle reads:
Quote:
You now control that Army Card and all figures on it.
Based upon that sentence, I'm thinking that I should not have been allowed to Mindshackle my opponent's Raelin, since Thorgrimm was on her card and I also have a Thorgrimm in my army.

But one could argue that no one really "controls" a figure placed on a card (it just stays there and does it's thing), so it's not really in my army and I can have two Thorgrimm Spirits on the same card.
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:22 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
OK, I read through the FAQs but I don't think this was ever addressed:

Scenario
- I have Thorgrimm and Ne-Gok-Sa in my army. My opponent has Thorgrimm and Raelin in her army.
- My opponent's Thorgrimm dies and she places her Thorgrimm on her Raelin
- My Ne-Gok-Sa Mindshackles her Raelin.
- I control Raelin
- My Thorgrimm dies and I place his Spirit on Raelin
- Raelin now has two Thorgrim Spirits on her

But that would seem to contradict the FAQ that you cannot have two of the same figure in your army.

Mindshackle reads:
Quote:
You now control that Army Card and all figures on it.
Based upon that sentence, I'm thinking that I should not have been allowed to Mindshackle my opponent's Raelin, since Thorgrimm was on her card and I also have a Thorgrimm in my army.

But one could argue that no one really "controls" a figure placed on a card (it just stays there and does it's thing), so it's not really in my army and I can have two Thorgrimm Spirits on the same card.
This is close to the answer, but not quite. When Thorgrim is placed on an army card, he still belongs to the player he belonged to before he was killed, just the same as any other figure still belongs to its player after its destroyed.

You can place Thorgrim on any Army Card, do you could place him on your opponent's Sir Dupuis army card, for instance, even if your opponent had their own Thorgrim in their army. If someone mindshackled your opponent's Dupuis, the Thorgrim on Dupuis' army card would still belong to you.

As for whether two Thorgrims can be placed on the same card and stack their effects, I would assume so, but you'd have to check their book thread to be sure.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So, if the original player still controls Thorgrimm, can s/he move him? I would think so, thus the Thorgrimm does not transfer.

And I really doubt you could stack Thorgrimms. Though I got to admit, the wording on the card (place on any unique figure) does suggest so. I guess you play it the way it was written, not the way it was intended.
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:54 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
So, if the original player still controls Thorgrimm, can s/he move him? I would think so, thus the Thorgrimm does not transfer.

And I really doubt you could stack Thorgrimms. Though I got to admit, the wording on the card (place on any unique figure) does suggest so. I guess you play it the way it was written, not the way it was intended.
Where on the card does it say that Thorgrim can be moved after he is placed? Why would he be able to move?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 7th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
This is close to the answer, but not quite. When Thorgrim is placed on an army card, he still belongs to the player he belonged to before he was killed, just the same as any other figure still belongs to its player after its destroyed.
I'd forgotten that you can place Finn and Thorgrimm on your opponent's cards--yet you still control the army card.

And I'd forgotten that Finn and Thorgrimm are still part of your army after you place them.

Therefore, if you have a Thorgrimm and he is destroyed, he still belongs to you and you would not be allowed to Mindshackle your opponent's Thorgrimm.

----

And I'd have to say that, since you can place your Thorgrimm on your opponent's cards, and your opponent can also place his Thorgrim on his cards, that it's perfectly OK to have 2 Thorgrimms on a card.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 08:00 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

NGS' card says "You now control that Army Card and all figures on it. Remove any Order Markers on this card." Does that mean after a mindshackle that you remove all OMs from NGS' card?

I've never played it that way, but I guess I never read the card this close either. I always thought it meant remove the OMs from the new card. I guess it's a undefined antecedent???
Old October 2nd, 2013, 08:32 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
NGS' card says "You now control that Army Card and all figures on it. Remove any Order Markers on this card." Does that mean after a mindshackle that you remove all OMs from NGS' card?

I've never played it that way, but I guess I never read the card this close either. I always thought it meant remove the OMs from the new card. I guess it's a undefined antecedent???
Pretty sure it means "this new card." It was corrected in Kee-Mo-Shi's Mindshackle.

Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:02 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post

Pretty sure it means "this new card." It was corrected in Kee-Mo-Shi's Mindshackle.
Ah, I didn't check KMS' card. So yeah, it would just be a pronoun/antecedent issue.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:25 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Pronoun Trouble!

(Warning: YouTube link, gun violence, hilarity.)

Last edited by IshMEL; October 2nd, 2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old April 6th, 2015, 07:03 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ne-Gok-Sa
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 19th, 2020, 05:30 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Good 'ol Ne-Gok-Sa... one of the classic tanks of HeroScape. He's slow as molasses, but if you need a glyph holder, or someone to clog up a single hex space, look no further. A 6 defense/5 life figure means its gonna take you a while to topple this tricky Marro warlord. Mind Shackle is a bonus!

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units