Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 4th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post
Boy does it get old hearing this preached at us non-Packer NFL fans. It's like the built-in mantra for any Packer fan - hands down the most arrogant and entitled group of NFL fans on the planet (Abomination excepted.)

And like I always say when a Packer fan recites this, "Yeah that's great and all but like Janet Jackson said, 'What have you done for me...lately?'

I'll answer that for her and for Packer fans: 2 losses to our hated rivals, 1 at Home, and 1 Away. :P
It is nice to hear once in awhile, though. I do think that we have something to be proud about, just not rub it into other people's faces. As for most arrogant team, I'd really have to hand that to the Patriots. First off, Packers have got fans nation wide. I'm pretty sure most of the Patriot's fans are located in only Boston. Really, that team gets on my nerves 2nd most (guess who comes first....just guess. They start with V. )

What the Pack have done for us lately was in the '07 season. 13-3 is nothing to snort at, and we almost got to that Superbow(e)l. Still, I was majorly upset with Favre when he threw that interception in OT. Anyone else here also think that it looked like he just gave up, and wanted to stop so he could go grab a dinner or something? I mean really, it looked like a half-hearted throw straight to a defender. I almost cried.
Old November 4th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
And like I always say when a Packer fan recites this, "Yeah that's great and all but like Janet Jackson said, 'What have you done for me...lately?'
Well... since Janet sang that song they've been to two Super Bowls. How about the Vikes?

~Aldin, fan of the only franchise to win multiple Super Bowls without ever losing one
Doesn't matter - I'm using it to refer to recent years - not since she sang it. So :P back at ya!
Old November 4th, 2009, 10:32 PM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

Go Brett Favre and the Vikings! I need someone to root for with the Browns doing very bad. I think I might root for the Colts in the AFC.

Old November 4th, 2009, 10:44 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Boy does it get old hearing this preached at us non-Packer NFL fans. It's like the built-in mantra for any Packer fan - hands down the most arrogant and entitled group of NFL fans on the planet (Abomination excepted.)

I'll answer that for her and for Packer fans: 2 losses to our hated rivals, 1 at Home, and 1 Away. :P
It is nice to hear once in awhile, though. I do think that we have something to be proud about, just not rub it into other people's faces.
What?

We are the best ever. If you are the best, it gives you the right to say the truth, which is that you are the best.

That means you can rub things in EVERYONE's face. No matter what. Since the Packers did good in the past, they clearer are better than any other team.

I'm surprised that you don't understand this. It makes perfect sense to me.

Nah, in all reality I'm pretty sure GB is done for this season. They still have a chance at the playoffs, but I don't think it'll happen. With Dallas, NYG, Eagles, Atlanta, and maybe even Chicago all pushing for some Wildcard spots I don't think it is going to happen.

And no matter how cool that path to the 2003 NFC North title was for the Packers, that IS NOT going to happen this season. The Vikings have this division.

So overall, I'm already kind of looking to next year. Our defense is definitely doing better, and somehow Aaron Rodgers has the best QB rating in the league, despite the Packers modeling their O-Line after their favorite type of chesse--Swiss.

Hopefully our O-Line can be improved by next year, and I see us being serious contenders. Ryan Grant should have some more room to run, and as long as the pass protection is better, GB can do more of what they do best--the deep pass. Rodgers has the most passes of 40+ yards, and with the WR we have, I'm pretty sure some better Pass protection would give us even more of those. Also if Rodgers learns how to throw the ball away sometimes instead of taking the sack, the Pack will be a very dominant team.

As is I'm predicting a 9-7 season right now. We'll beat the Bucs, Seahawks, and Lions. Then we'll go 2-4 against the Bears, Cowboys, Cardinals, 49ers, Steelers, and Ravens.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see a better season like 10-6 or even 11-5, but that just seems unlikely and wishful.

BUT WE'RE STILL THE BEST EVER!!!!!

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Okay, I'll add you to the list of not-annoying GB fans - you're just a good solid fan of your team, in general, nothing wrong with that.

And Brownsfan, we'll be glad to have you rooting for us. Check out the Blog site, the Daily Norseman, to really feel at home while you root for us this year.
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:08 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Okay, I'll add you to the list of not-annoying GB fans - you're just a good solid fan of your team, in general, nothing wrong with that.

And Brownsfan, we'll be glad to have you rooting for us. Check out the Blog site, the Daily Norseman, to really feel at home while you root for us this year.
In all honesty, I will say this:

At this point, I still want to see the Packers in the playoffs.

HOWEVER, if they do not make it (a good chance) I will be chearing for the Vikings. As long as they are beating us, they might as well turn out to be the best.

And because I still like Brett Favre. Considering that for my lifetime, GB literally has only had Brett Favre as QB I grew up loving to watch him play. Even know I am happy that he has found somewhere to play and is doing so well. I wish him luck, and frankly the Vikings do deserve some SB title someday here. All in all, I have a feeling that in January I will be a NFC North/Brett Favre fan. (I can't actually bring myself to say the V-word. )

And Wytefang, I wish I could say you were a tolerable ViQueens fan, but you're a ViQueens fan. You must suck.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:43 PM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlax View Post
Jotun - When your team has 12 championships, you can talk that smack in Wisconsin. (And I'm not even a Packer fan.)

http://www.packers.com/history/super...championships/

The Green Bay Packers have won more championships -- 12 -- than any other team in National Football League history.

They won their first three by league standing (1929, 1930 and 1931), and nine since the NFL's playoff system was established in 1933 (1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967 and 1996).

Green Bay also is the only NFL team to win three straight titles, having done it twice (1929-30-31 and 1965-66-67).

In addition, the Packers won the first two Super Bowls (over Kansas City in 1966, 35-10, and over Oakland in 1967, 33-14), as well as a more recent one (over New England in 1996, 35-21).

Since the league implemented a playoff system in 1933, the Packers have played in the NFL's deciding game 12 times (10 NFL title appearances from 1936-67, two Super Bowls after the 1970 merger). Only the Giants (1 have played for more titles.

Most World Championships:
Green Bay Packers, 12
Chicago Bears, 9
New York Giants, 7
Pittsburgh Steelers, 6
Dallas Cowboys, 5
San Francisco 49ers, 5
Washington Redskins, 5
Cleveland Browns, 4
Detroit Lions, 4
Indianapolis/Baltimore Colts, 4

Criminy, I've been a Vikings fan for 40 years. I can name most of their line ups for the early to mid 70s in my sleep.

And you don't have to tell me about Packer fans, I'm surrounded by them. (Though they have been mighty quiet this week.)

And how can you think that Cowboy fans are not the most arrogant entitled fan group in the NFL? That America's Team crap still tees me off. (And Drew Pearson still pushed off...)

I was just puncturing Jotun and his Steeler mania.

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old November 5th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
Quote:

In all honesty, I will say this:

At this point, I still want to see the Packers in the playoffs.

HOWEVER, if they do not make it (a good chance) I will be chearing for the Vikings. As long as they are beating us, they might as well turn out to be the best.

And because I still like Brett Favre. Considering that for my lifetime, GB literally has only had Brett Favre as QB I grew up loving to watch him play. Even know I am happy that he has found somewhere to play and is doing so well. I wish him luck, and frankly the Vikings do deserve some SB title someday here. All in all, I have a feeling that in January I will be a NFC North/Brett Favre fan. (I can't actually bring myself to say the V-word. )

And Wytefang, I wish I could say you were a tolerable ViQueens fan, but you're a ViQueens fan. You must suck.
Blasphemy! I must now take you off of my buddy list!

In all seriousness, I'll look forward to how Brett does in the playoffs, but I'd rather be seen wearing a tutu before cheering for the Vikes. Really, I cannot cheer for them, no matter what. Call me biased, but that's what I am.
Old November 5th, 2009, 04:41 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Wow has this thread gotten completely pointless!

Maybe we should talk some football.

In the next few weeks the Pats play the Colts and the Saints, both on the road. I would love to see the Pats be the team that hands them both their first loss.
You gotta get through Miami first
I left them out for a reason...
We're going 6-10this year...but 6-0 in the division.
The sad thing is, this is viable. We only need to beat the Pats twice to do it. I know we have one more game against the Bills, but that's... The Bills, so no sweat, right? Oh, yeah. Nvm. I forgot... It's Miami. The only team who could have blown a 24-3 lead late in the 2nd quarter like that... Good Lord. And as far as Post-Season blunders, I've seen my fair share. And I know all about the snow plow incident... Man. I love Miami, but they are the bane of my existence sometimes...

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old November 5th, 2009, 06:40 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:

It is nice to hear once in awhile, though. I do think that we have something to be proud about, just not rub it into other people's faces. As for most arrogant team, I'd really have to hand that to the Patriots. First off, Packers have got fans nation wide. I'm pretty sure most of the Patriot's fans are located in only Boston. Really, that team gets on my nerves 2nd most (guess who comes first....just guess. They start with V. )

What the Pack have done for us lately was in the '07 season. 13-3 is nothing to snort at, and we almost got to that Superbow(e)l. Still, I was majorly upset with Favre when he threw that interception in OT. Anyone else here also think that it looked like he just gave up, and wanted to stop so he could go grab a dinner or something? I mean really, it looked like a half-hearted throw straight to a defender. I almost cried.
Where does this come from? I can see where people think that Belichick is arrogant, but saying the whole team is is a little bit of a large blanket stamement don't you think.

And the only reason they get on your nerves is cause they are good. If they had the same coach and players and did not win the super bowls that they did, then you could care less about them.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old November 5th, 2009, 07:44 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
And the only reason they get on your nerves is cause they are good. If they had the same coach and players and did not win the super bowls that they did, then you could care less about them.
Pretty much, its the cost of having a perennial winner for such a long period of time. Can't say I haven't had the same feelings when teams like the Cowboys were ripping through the 90s. Though we will always have Leon Lett.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; November 5th, 2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old November 5th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Messy Eater

Now be nice, Ranior - I didn't use the F_ _ _ _-Packer word, did I?

And I agree about the Cowboys but they've not been to a Super Bowl in a while so I can stomach them (plus I kind of like Tony Romo, I find his attitude refreshing).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV