Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old August 16th, 2021, 09:45 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Workshop

Hey, if it's a reuse already, I think you've addressed the concerns. Actually a pretty clever reuse, so I think it's cool.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 18th, 2021, 10:07 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Apologies, this got away from me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
Tribesman is already a class with the Indigos, but I know what you're getting at. Another option is Warrior, although I wouldn't want him working with Poison since he despises pro wrestling. At this point though that's more a Poison issue I think, many of the Warriors don't really fit with what she's doing.
Forgot about Indigos, so you got me there! I think it being the Indigo class does raise the concern of him falling into Indigo synergy, which is probably its own problem in general.

Quote:
I wondered if they're too much. Would you say current Tomahawk Buster is too much for this price range in general, or just the turn ending aspect? I have a special attack version in the op, which in hindsight is simpler but still conveys what it does.
I was mainly thinking the turn-ending aspect was a lot, especially since Flyers are, on average, going to be more expensive than non-Flyers. The character always has the option of just not flying, but that still seems pretty rough.

There might be some trouble with ending a character's turn in the middle of their movement, but I'm not sure? The power as a whole is evocative of Battle Ready, which I've always dug.

Quote:
Mexican Typhoon I wanted to keep under a similar vein to Zangief's Spinning Piledriver since they're both command grabs. I believe they share the same input too.
My main concern with Mexican Typhoon is that 3 unblockable attack dice is a lot, but it's also locked behind a pretty big wall (sacrificing an attack and a 16+ D20 roll). I worry it's the kind of thing where it'll feel unsatisfying for you if you don't get it, and unsatisfying for your opponent when you do. (I kinda feel like Guile's Flash Kick has a similar feeling, for example.)

Almost wonder, if the goal is to keep it like Zangief's Piledriver, if something like this could be cool?
Quote:
After choosing an adjacent small or medium figure for a normal attack, and before rolling attack dice, you may roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 2 from your roll if the defending figure has the Super Strength special power. If you roll 16 or higher, you may move T. Hawk 1 space. During this move, ignore elevation changes of up to 4 levels. After moving T. Hawk, place the chosen figure on any same-level space adjacent to T. Hawk, and inflict a wound on that figure. Figures moved by this special power do not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Not only does it inflict a wound, but you can also yank the enemy to low ground to power up your attack. It's probably actually slightly more powerful than your original idea, but I think it being more consistent would make it easier to evaluate.
Old August 22nd, 2021, 12:41 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

I LOVE DINOSAURS
If Batman, a Dinosaur or a Pterosaur you control is attacked by an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Batman and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, the attacked figure takes no damage and the attacking figure receives one wound.
If Batman or a figure you control that is a Dinosaur or a Pterosaur is attacked by an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Batman and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, the attacked figure takes no damage and the attacking figure receives one wound.

I had to read your original a few times to understand it. Perhaps these edits will help?
Old August 22nd, 2021, 08:18 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool
Old August 25th, 2021, 05:29 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Forgot about Indigos, so you got me there! I think it being the Indigo class does raise the concern of him falling into Indigo synergy, which is probably its own problem in general.
I actually wouldn't mind him working with them, but I'm a fan of weird synergies like this. As far as I'm aware, the only Tribesman synergies is the uncommon hero bonding? I don't think that would be too problematic or unthematic, though I get if it's better leaving Tribesman to the Indigos.

Quote:
I was mainly thinking the turn-ending aspect was a lot, especially since Flyers are, on average, going to be more expensive than non-Flyers. The character always has the option of just not flying, but that still seems pretty rough.

There might be some trouble with ending a character's turn in the middle of their movement, but I'm not sure? The power as a whole is evocative of Battle Ready, which I've always dug.
Turn ending should probably just be removed in hindsight, I don't want T. Hawk to be more points than any other SF character and the current iteration would definitely push him over that. If it's still problematic it could be turned into a special attack. I was trying to give each SF character a special attack until noticing Balrog and Dee Jay don't have one.

Movement ending could always be an option here, though even that might be too strong.

Quote:
My main concern with Mexican Typhoon is that 3 unblockable attack dice is a lot, but it's also locked behind a pretty big wall (sacrificing an attack and a 16+ D20 roll). I worry it's the kind of thing where it'll feel unsatisfying for you if you don't get it, and unsatisfying for your opponent when you do. (I kinda feel like Guile's Flash Kick has a similar feeling, for example.)

Almost wonder, if the goal is to keep it like Zangief's Piledriver, if something like this could be cool?
Quote:
After choosing an adjacent small or medium figure for a normal attack, and before rolling attack dice, you may roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 2 from your roll if the defending figure has the Super Strength special power. If you roll 16 or higher, you may move T. Hawk 1 space. During this move, ignore elevation changes of up to 4 levels. After moving T. Hawk, place the chosen figure on any same-level space adjacent to T. Hawk, and inflict a wound on that figure. Figures moved by this special power do not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Not only does it inflict a wound, but you can also yank the enemy to low ground to power up your attack. It's probably actually slightly more powerful than your original idea, but I think it being more consistent would make it easier to evaluate.
I really like this iteration, it's a lot more useful. I'd definitely like to keep it on a similar theme to Zangief's since they have a lot in common, and this captures that nicely!
Old August 30th, 2021, 12:12 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

NAME = NUKE
SECRET IDENTITY = FRANK SIMPSON

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SOLDIER/MERCENARY/TERRORIST/ASSASSIN
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180-200

PILL BOX PSYCHOSIS
Before taking a turn with Nuke, roll 1 attack die. If you roll:
  • A Skull – add that Skull to Nuke’s attacks this turn, and after attacking with Nuke you may attack one additional time;
  • A Shield – subtract two from Nuke’s movement this turn, and instead of attacking with Nuke, you may remove one wound marker from this card;
  • A Blank – Instead of taking a turn with Nuke, take a turn with another figure you control. Until your next player turn, Nuke may not move or attack unless an Order Marker is revealed on this Card and Nuke's Defense number cannot be reduced by any special power on any other Army Card or Glyph.

UNHINGED ASSAULT 15
Each time Nuke inflicts one or more wounds with an attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, place a wound marker on the card of a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Nuke. Add 1 to each 20-sided die roll for each figure destroyed by Nuke this player turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by redstang; September 14th, 2022 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Change from Trigger Happy to Unhinged Assault power name
Old August 30th, 2021, 12:58 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’ve always really loved the idea of using the combat dice to represent Red, White, and Blue thematically. I think the blank option feels a bit finnicky though - is there much of a need for a very inconsistent resistance to reductions? It might be cool to make the roll take place at the start of his turn too, giving you more of an ability to tactically react to what you roll.

Kill Counting Rifle is the kind of power that’s probably really going to struggle in the C3G metagame unless he’s up against squads. I really like how Grenade Launcher gives you a “payoff” for it though. I might make it so that GL doesn’t remove the figures though. In a non-squad game, you’re gonna have to work pretty hard to get 3 kills, might as well let the player keep them.
Old August 30th, 2021, 01:19 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I’ve always really loved the idea of using the combat dice to represent Red, White, and Blue thematically. I think the blank option feels a bit finnicky though - is there much of a need for a very inconsistent resistance to reductions? It might be cool to make the roll take place at the start of his turn too, giving you more of an ability to tactically react to what you roll.

Kill Counting Rifle is the kind of power that’s probably really going to struggle in the C3G metagame unless he’s up against squads. I really like how Grenade Launcher gives you a “payoff” for it though. I might make it so that GL doesn’t remove the figures though. In a non-squad game, you’re gonna have to work pretty hard to get 3 kills, might as well let the player keep them.
A couple minutes after posting, I realized that "before taking a turn" would probably be tactically better for Pill Box instead of "Before attacking." So I agree that should be changed.

I went with the wording on the blanks based mainly on theme as the white pills are supposed to level him off between missions. To me, keeping things level means no changes to the card. Would love to hear alternative suggestions though!

I can see that the kill count rifle could be underwhelming, but again went mainly on theme. Open to changes on that one as well. To begin with, the two special attacks started out as one, but then I separated them.
Old August 30th, 2021, 01:21 PM

Blanks could give him temporary mental shield as well given they are meant for between missions.
Old August 30th, 2021, 01:31 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
KILL COUNTING RIFLE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: 5 Attack: 4.
When Nuke destroys a figure, place the figure on this card. When attacking with this special attack, you may attack one additional time for each figure on this card. A maximum of 3 figures may be on this card at one time. At the end of the round, remove all Common and Squad figures from this card.

GRENADE LAUNCHER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Lob 12. Attack 3 + Special
Once per game, choose a space to target with this special attack. Roll X extra attack dice, where X equals the number of figures removed from this card. All figures on or within 1 space of the chosen space are affected. No clear line of sight is needed.
How does something like this look? I think that would make him a little more viable while also smoothing out the classic Carnage issue where he's way better against commons than everything else.
Old August 30th, 2021, 01:50 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Awesome writeup, I'd love to see Nuke get done!
Old August 30th, 2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
KILL COUNTING RIFLE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: 5 Attack: 4.
When Nuke destroys a figure, place the figure on this card. When attacking with this special attack, you may attack one additional time for each figure on this card. A maximum of 3 figures may be on this card at one time. At the end of the round, remove all Common and Squad figures from this card.

GRENADE LAUNCHER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Lob 12. Attack 3 + Special
Once per game, choose a space to target with this special attack. Roll X extra attack dice, where X equals the number of figures removed from this card. All figures on or within 1 space of the chosen space are affected. No clear line of sight is needed.
How does something like this look? I think that would make him a little more viable while also smoothing out the classic Carnage issue where he's way better against commons than everything else.
Yeah, I like those changes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy