Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 16th, 2021, 03:14 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I will absolutely be using the Custom Unit Playtesting Exchange since this new world of playtesting seems so vast in factors.

I'd encourage anyone with the time, myself included, to have a look when you can at new customs and custom creators who haven't yet established any acquaintance and give feedback even something small. This would help prevent the likes of someone like me from putting out a desperate attempt to get feedback through a thread like this, not knowing what they're doing or what pre existing rulings have been established. Though it did end up clearing up a lot for me.
Old August 16th, 2021, 04:43 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

For those looking to get feedback on their customs, I wrote a Codex article on the subject a while back.
Old August 21st, 2021, 08:54 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Went through some renovations. Refocused the powers so that we aren't just hiding extra stats. Self wounding came back onto the card with Whirlwind as a suggestion from Kevindola.

Old August 22nd, 2021, 07:23 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Forbidden death touch has a 1/8 or 12.5% chance of hitting. A move of 6 is fast enough to get to a high value figure and maybe get off a couple attacks. XUn also has deceptively high survivability especially against weaker attacks. It's a gamble but I think it will be hard to balance. Since it works with whirlwind you could get lucky and clear out multiple figures.

I guess you are going for a goat hybrid? Not sure I see that as this looks like a Devil not a goat. Also seems to be a fantastic magic infused martial artist. Hybrid seems to refer to animal humans like wolves, cats and boars. Hybrid looks like it was choosen to add more synergy not because this is obviously a hybrid like if it was a weretiger.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 22nd, 2021, 09:27 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I thought Hybrid worked as a reimagining of the mini. My 2c.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 22nd, 2021, 10:09 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

How much have you playtested this version? This is significantly different from the last version and this was a quick turnaround. Remember, this thread should really be for those designs that you’ve playtested enough that you’re ready to submit into the SoV and you just want a sanity check/one last pass before you submit.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 22nd, 2021, 11:40 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I thought Hybrid worked as a reimagining of the mini. My 2c.
That is a purple woman with horns. Saskua looks like a boar and Selina and Mal are clearly cat people. I assume van nessing is pre infected by a werewolf lord. Either devil or a made up race sees more fitting.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 22nd, 2021, 12:25 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hybrid was chosen because DS suggested that to me as a race. Hybrid gives more bad synergy than anything else so... no, I'm not putting hybrid on it to get perks lol.

@Sir_Heroscape

12 games personally using your YouTube video as the baseline lol.
Old August 22nd, 2021, 02:10 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Hybrid was chosen because DS suggested that to me as a race. Hybrid gives more bad synergy than anything else so... no, I'm not putting hybrid on it to get perks lol.

@Sir_Heroscape

12 games personally using your YouTube video as the baseline lol.
Wow! 12 games with this version? That’s great. What have you learned about the way it plays? What were some of the key matchups and what games did his army win? We’re they significant wins or close? How many times was he able to install kill key heroes?

Infernal Spirit will have a lot of issue in the Inner Sanctum. Powers that reduce attack values are rarely done and SHOULD be rarely done. There are a lot of implications that create a lot of gameplay issues…and quite frankly I don’t think it makes thematic sense for this design or mini to have an attack reduction to enemy units.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 22nd, 2021, 02:30 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Any reason for the choice to go with Whirlwind Assault instead of Shaolin Assault or Master's Assault on this Monk unit?

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 22nd, 2021, 02:43 PM

Sure, I sent that to you in PM because I don't think it belongs here or usually factors in meaningfully to any feedback.

@TheAverageFan
I just went with what I thought was the most used version of the ability. I don't think the monk is a master so I didn't want to use Master's Assault and Shaolin would reference a specific type of training or culture on earth which would make planet problems for me. Zhen Yuan also uses whirlwind assault.
Old August 22nd, 2021, 03:50 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Infernal Spirit will have a lot of issue in the Inner Sanctum. Powers that reduce attack values are rarely done and SHOULD be rarely done. There are a lot of implications that create a lot of gameplay issues…and quite frankly I don’t think it makes thematic sense for this design or mini to have an attack reduction to enemy units.
Yep, dropping that power entirely and just going with the other two powers makes this a much better design IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards