Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 20th, 2021, 01:18 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Custom Unit Playtesting Exchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
@kevindola

I've been told that Raelin is a good pairing for this unit. I've already tested with monks so I'm not too concerned there. I think it is helpful to test against at least 1 large figure if possible because of the wide application of Death Touch. No further preferences.
Report posted in your custom thread
Old August 20th, 2021, 01:49 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
I'm looking for a playtest exchange with the following unit:

Spoiler Alert!

My only preferences are for the unit would be run against a melee-heavy army and for both sides to contain only Classic/VC figures. My main questions are whether the unit is boring to play or unfun to fight. The earliest I could reciprocate would be this weekend, so any takers can time themselves accordingly; I don't expect a fast report.
I will be able to in exchange for one thing: I'd like to know what armies this guy is meant to be played with. Is he supposed to be a stand-alone hero or is he meant to be played exclusively with the Eilan Sidhe (as they're the only unit I can think of with powers that function off of Evergreen Trees)? I don't wanna give feedback that's misinformed due to not knowing how to play the unit or his intended role in an army.

Exchange unit are my Adeptus Ruststalkers:

Spoiler Alert!

My original playtesting rating put them at an A-. I'd like to see if that holds up or if they are too strong.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 21st, 2021, 12:38 AM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
I'm looking for a playtest exchange with the following unit:

Spoiler Alert!

My only preferences are for the unit would be run against a melee-heavy army and for both sides to contain only Classic/VC figures. My main questions are whether the unit is boring to play or unfun to fight. The earliest I could reciprocate would be this weekend, so any takers can time themselves accordingly; I don't expect a fast report.
I will be able to in exchange for one thing: I'd like to know what armies this guy is meant to be played with. Is he supposed to be a stand-alone hero or is he meant to be played exclusively with the Eilan Sidhe (as they're the only unit I can think of with powers that function off of Evergreen Trees)? I don't wanna give feedback that's misinformed due to not knowing how to play the unit or his intended role in an army.

Exchange unit are my Adeptus Ruststalkers:

Spoiler Alert!

My original playtesting rating put them at an A-. I'd like to see if that holds up or if they are too strong.

~TAF
Thanks. The unit I posted is intended to be a stand-alone defensive piece that plays as a blocker/one-man screen. The synergy with Eilan Sidhe (and Quasatch Hunters, for that matter) is secondary, but the Sidhe are cheap enough that they often found their way into the armies that I tested. As long as you pair the unit with something that appreciates a big, distracting presence on the board or a movement-restricting effect, the exact army you choose is up to you.

I have a couple questions for you, though. First, if you think the Ruststalkers might be a little over-tuned, would you rather have me run them against other top-notch units or against weaker armies that would tend to be routed by top-notch units? Second, is there anything from your original playtest that I should know? Things like good partners or counterplay that isn't immediately obvious would be great.
Old August 21st, 2021, 01:06 AM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails;
Thanks. The unit I posted is intended to be a stand-alone defensive piece that plays as a blocker/one-man screen. The synergy with Eilan Sidhe (and Quasatch Hunters, for that matter) is secondary, but the Sidhe are cheap enough that they often found their way into the armies that I tested. As long as you pair the unit with something that appreciates a big, distracting presence on the board or a movement-restricting effect, the exact army you choose is up to you.

I have a couple questions for you, though. First, if you think the Ruststalkers might be a little over-tuned, would you rather have me run them against other top-notch units or against weaker armies that would tend to be routed by top-notch units? Second, is there anything from your original playtest that I should know? Things like good partners or counterplay that isn't immediately obvious would be great.
All right. I'll do a few games with different armies and see how he performs.

As far as the Ruststalkers, you can throw whatever you want at them: be it armies of your choice or well-known high-tier armies. Their ability to jump over screens makes them pretty nasty, so feel free to throw them through the wringer if you see fit.

There aren't really great combo partners that I could think of, other than Raelin (since they can ignore an opponent's Raelin granting them an advantage in the Aura game). I think a lot of my playtests paired them with Marro Drones due to being cheap and swarming, good for cleaning up should the Ruststalkers do enough damage.

Good counterplay in my playtests were using a single unit to foil Covert (if a Ranged Squad can't hit them due to Covert, send one of them down to within 3 Spaces before attacking to negate it). Solid Bread-n-Butter squads can also beat them (any decent melee squads at 70 Points or less can trade against them easily, many of which get 5 Activations due to Bonding).

~TAF, off to practice

Old August 21st, 2021, 01:56 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Okay, and yes, that one will do. Nothing too specific. Just a pairing with 1 or 2 crypt guardians. 400-500 point army.

I want my MUMMY!!
Old August 22nd, 2021, 08:38 PM

Mimameid Battle Report on Blue Trail's Custom Thread

He performed better than expected, though he has a couple issues as noted in the Final Thoughts section

~TAF

Old August 24th, 2021, 09:30 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails;

All right. I'll do a few games with different armies and see how he performs.

As far as the Ruststalkers, you can throw whatever you want at them: be it armies of your choice or well-known high-tier armies. Their ability to jump over screens makes them pretty nasty, so feel free to throw them through the wringer if you see fit.

There aren't really great combo partners that I could think of, other than Raelin (since they can ignore an opponent's Raelin granting them an advantage in the Aura game). I think a lot of my playtests paired them with Marro Drones due to being cheap and swarming, good for cleaning up should the Ruststalkers do enough damage.

Good counterplay in my playtests were using a single unit to foil Covert (if a Ranged Squad can't hit them due to Covert, send one of them down to within 3 Spaces before attacking to negate it). Solid Bread-n-Butter squads can also beat them (any decent melee squads at 70 Points or less can trade against them easily, many of which get 5 Activations due to Bonding).

~TAF, off to practice
Adeptus Ruststalkers playtest report for TheAverageFan.

I'm posting a little later than I had hoped, but I enjoyed using the unit. I thought that they were versatile enough that I could gauge their power level fairly well without fighting Raelin, but I can run another game against her if you'd like.
Old August 24th, 2021, 10:24 PM

I'd +rep you if I could. Thanks for playing, I'm glad you enjoyed using the unit.

I'm glad they lost to the massed commons despite the Transonic Blades working against both squads fielded. That's supposed to be their greatest weakness. Since 3 squads seems like the most powerful option, I think I may bump them to 120 or so to make it more difficult to do so reliably.

~TAF

Old August 30th, 2021, 09:36 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

I have time this week if anyone has a unit they'd like me to play and report on. I've got plenty of playtest options I would like to see run.
Old August 30th, 2021, 11:59 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sure, I did some work on a Dragon that needs testing.
@kevindola

Old August 31st, 2021, 02:05 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@kevindola
I'd be delighted to.
Not sure exactly what I want playtested at this moment, but I'll send something your way soon.
Old September 2nd, 2021, 09:39 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
@kevindola
I'd be delighted to.
Not sure exactly what I want playtested at this moment, but I'll send something your way soon.
Check out Schism's customs! Playtest report here

Those frickin Blade Dancers. So tough to bring down

Last edited by kevindola; September 2nd, 2021 at 10:47 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards