Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 19th, 2021, 05:32 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Contention for Galaxus, Between the Multiverse Customs

Introductory poem
Spoiler Alert!

Favorite space battle mats. -#1#2#3

Because of the price on these, I decided to make my own with some spray paint on vinyl window roller shade material.
Stencil for drawing the hexes.

My Budget Space Mat
Spoiler Alert!

The Space mat ground is called Aether.
Galaxus battles will either take place on an Aether mat or using AotP Shadows over Innistrad dark mats for Planetary ground. Swamp terrain looks great on the planetary ground.

Along with the coming figure pack releases, there will be a few glyphs and unique terrain features including Dimensional Rift Portals, Distortion Nebula, Plasma Pools and possibly Black Holes and more. Shout out to blast_shark for his idea contribution on the unique terrain. I'd like to create a manual in the future to help visualize said rules.

Vortiza --(Pronounced vor-tea-zuh, alternatively vor-teet-zuh or also alternatively vor-tih-zuh)

Card templates:
Spoiler Alert!
Vortiza Symbol
Spoiler Alert!
Valkyrie Dice
Spoiler Alert!

Intended useable and balanced to some extent alongside Classic & VC.

+-+-+-+-+BASE SET+-+-+-+-+
Spoiler Alert!
+-+-+-+-+THE ASTRAL PLANE+-+-+-+-+
Spoiler Alert!
+-+-+-+-+SPACE VIRUS+-+-+-+-+
Spoiler Alert!
+-+-+-+-+COMMENSALISM+-+-+-+-+
Spoiler Alert!
+-+-+-+-+PENUMBRA+-+-+-+-+
Spoiler Alert!
+-+-+-+-+THE FINAL FRONTIER+-+-+-+-+
Spoiler Alert!
+-+-+-+-+EVENT HORIZON+-+-+-+-+
Spoiler Alert!
+-+-+-+-+THE AMUN RACE+-+-+-+-+
Spoiler Alert!

+-+-+-+-+TERRAIN+-+-+-+-+
Spoiler Alert!
+-+-+-+-+GLYPHS+-+-+-+-+
Spoiler Alert!

UPDATE LOG (started 1/19/22) -
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; July 10th, 2023 at 08:16 AM.
Old August 19th, 2021, 08:05 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Contention of Galaxus - Between the Multiverse Customs

I really like the look of the Vortiza card. Looks good with all the figures assigned to this general.

Replicus: A pretty unique squad (no pun intended) with the one high attack per turn among the three of them. Their version of the Marro Dividers' ability is pretty nasty, so it's a good thing it has a chance to obliterate the entire squad to keep them in check.

Quantic Chargers: Ironically the strongest unit despite being the lowest-cost if you ask me. The ability to hit-and-run on a high-movement unit is very strong, but nothing compared to the three attacks of 5 at range they get once per round. Provided all three get to use the Special Attack (if it's only just one of them then that makes it much more balanced).

Fueng Tzi: Great twist on the Experience Markers from the Tagawa Samurai, giving the player the option to modify the unit to different modes. Since the Markers are Green White and Blue I thought they'd be for Movement, Range, and Defense respectively, but that doesn't seem to be the case. There's no indication which markers represent which stat is increased. Additionally it might be better to have Move/Range values get +2 instead of +1 as they are generally less powerful than a bonus to Attack/Defense. Otherwise my favorite of the lot, great idea

Fell Abomination: Three attacks at only 1 die isn't ideal but since their bonus or reducing defense stacks it could become lethal very quickly. Add some height and you're all set, though it begs the question of if a space mat would even have terrain on it? Chucks of rock in the void perhaps?

Zariel: Modified chain grab and free movement is quite nice, but other than the strong stats I don't see why Zariel is so expensive.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 19th, 2021, 08:55 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post

Quantic Chargers: The ability to hit-and-run on a high-movement unit is very strong, but nothing compared to the three attacks of 5 at range they get once per round. Provided all three get to use the Special Attack (if it's only just one of them then that makes it much more balanced).

Fueng Tzi: Great twist on the Experience Markers from the Tagawa Samurai, giving the player the option to modify the unit to different modes. Since the Markers are Green White and Blue I thought they'd be for Movement, Range, and Defense respectively, but that doesn't seem to be the case. There's no indication which markers represent which stat is increased. Additionally it might be better to have Move/Range values get +2 instead of +1 as they are generally less powerful than a bonus to Attack/Defense. Otherwise my favorite of the lot, great idea

Fell Abomination: Three attacks at only 1 die isn't ideal but since their bonus or reducing defense stacks it could become lethal very quickly. Add some height and you're all set, though it begs the question of if a space mat would even have terrain on it? Chucks of rock in the void perhaps?

Zariel: Modified chain grab and free movement is quite nice, but other than the strong stats I don't see why Zariel is so expensive.

~TAF
Thanks for stopping by and raising some pointers!
Actually, it seems like you hit all the things I missed or need to update. Congratulations, hah!

The Quantic Chargers hit and run is pretty powerful and needs some testing. Their special attack though would be 3 ranged attacks of "4" with a high chance of dealing at least 1 wound. That would make sense however and is a good idea to adjust how many of them can use this during the x activating turn.

Fueng Tzi - Yes, the experience markers are supposed to be green, red and blue as I will update now. And with each color being direct to the stat colors, I'd think the indication would be self explanatory. Giving +2 to movement is something to think about, though would probably have to lessen the experience markers to 3 so that 10 movement isn't a possibility, or force a 3 marker per stat cap. I hadn't thought about adding range and not sure if it would work. Killing a figure with range would be problematic to my vision of the DNA absorption theme.
Thanks, I'm glad you like this one!

Fell Abomination - Yea, with the -1 or more defense, and height advantage, it could get a bit ridiculous. I'm not a big fan of anything more than 3 attacks on a card even though I've played with the idea here and with another custom. I think I will shorten it to 2 additional attacks.

I guess what I'm thinking of here is having more of an invisible plane that separates the characters from the space, and where chaotically all forms of terrain are cropped up throughout the plane., but generally, things would be a bit more open flat to keep more of the battle mate showing.

I've yet to update Zariels points. The 230 points is left from before cutting the "Embers of the End" ability written in the notes out. I did want her to be a pretty big menace/antagonist of a character, but also being more affordable would be nice.

I'll do some updates of these right now! Decided to start Fueng Tzi with 5 move instead of 4. And lowered attack to 3 from 4.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; August 20th, 2021 at 02:35 AM.
Old September 12th, 2021, 06:23 AM

@TheAverageFan

Made a few noteworthy adjustments.

Quantic Chargers have been dialed down, but rounded out nicely. Their lightning has high lethality, but can only be used once. Their restriction of movement with Rampant once they attack limits what they can get away with.

Fueng Tzi I set back to how he was actually. Reasoning is that I think that with having up to 4 markers allows for more interesting potential builds with a possible +4 def or attack, leaving the rest of the stats base. The change I had made felt less interesting in that you only really would want to put a marker into atk or defense with already having 5 move. But with his starting movement back to 4, there is reason to want to put at least 1 marker towards movement +1. Because of this slight diminished return, I am weighing lowering his points by 5-10. Since even though he could end up 7 defense 8 life, it's pretty unlikely that he would not have any wounds through his risky engagements and by the time any experience is gained, in most cases he should have little health left (unless healed *cough*).

Zariel is now reduced to 190 points with 5 def and 7 life. Since she is a one target per turn hero, I don't feel I can raise the points more than that.
Old September 19th, 2021, 06:21 PM

Updated cards making them smoother toned and more roomy for lengthier text.
Changed Fell Abominations Draining Presence. Needs testing.

Started a Rough draft for a new addition using a figure that is releasing next month.

Koriza

Model: https://www.minisgallery.com/index.p...Pleroma%20Aeon

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; September 22nd, 2021 at 02:04 PM.
Old September 21st, 2021, 09:39 PM

blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby!

This project is super cool!
I have a suggestions for terrain features you could add:

Space Dust - It's a half tile like shadow. The hit zones of any figure on a Space Dust tile are only visible to figures 3 or fewer hexes away. At the end of each round, roll a combat die for each figure on a space dust tile. If a skull is rolled, that figure receives a wound.
Other names could be "Distortion Rift" or "Mirage Fragment"

Chaos Tunnel - It's a half tile again. Moving on to a Chaos Tunnel ends a figure's movement. When moving off of a Chaos Tunnel tile, you can move the figure to any space adjacent to any chaos tunnel on the map. Double-spaced figures may not use Chaos Tunnels.

These will definitely need more refinement/testing to figure out what is balanced, fun, and intuitive. I love the themes you're playing around with with this project) Can't wait to see more!

Last edited by blast_shark; September 21st, 2021 at 09:40 PM. Reason: added the damage at end of round for Space Dust tiles
Old October 24th, 2021, 12:08 AM

Re: Contention of Galaxus 10/21- Between the Multiverse Cust

Thanks again for the terrain recommendations and ideas @blast_shark . I'm glad you like the project! I will definitely be giving them some consideration and may try to implement some figs to whatever new terrain. Finishing the space battle mat I plan to make will really help me visualize these intended battlefields some more.

A few updates for the Quantic Chargers, Fueng Tzi and Koriza.

Quantic Chargers are now unable to continue movement after special attacking. Rampant is now only a -1 to movement after normal attacking. Their points have also been dropped to 70. Really fun relatively cheap squad.

Fueng Tzi brought back to 3 evolution markers. Down to 7 life and 130 points.

Koriza, now that I have the actual figure, I've been able to give her necessary changes with playtesting. She/he is 11 Huge on a single Large base. Falling stars now requires line of sight and must be used on separate targets. It also now has an attack of 5.
The Undying Star now only heals if you roll above a 15, limiting it to a max of 5 healable wounds.

Recent edit: Lowered Koriza life to 8, made undying star lower chance for healing and ignoring.
Lowered Quantic Chargers special attack to 3 and rampant movement loss changed to 2.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; October 25th, 2021 at 02:25 AM.
Old November 24th, 2021, 05:12 AM

Re: Contention for Galaxus | New Pack!! -THE ASTRAL PLANE -1

Introducing..............

The Astral Plane

SRAID THE AWAKENER-

Figure Name: Night Hag - Mythic Odysseys of Theros #09 D&D

STAR CHILD-

Figure Name: Nymph, Lampad - Mythic Odysseys of Theros #05 D&D

WHIRLING TALWAR-

Figure Name: Ghostblade Eidolon - Mythic Odysseys of Theros #18 D&D

Notes:
Spoiler Alert!

TERRAIN- DISTORTION NEBULA-

Rules for Distortion Nebula:
Quote:
Vision: If a figure is entirely on Distortion Nebula spaces, that figure only has visible hit zones to figures within 3 spaces of the it.

Movement: Move on Distortion Nebula counting the first hex as 2 spaces. After moving into the first Distortion Nebula during movement, moving onto any more Distortion Nebula counts as 1 hex. Figures may fly or leap over Distortion Nebula, counting each hex as 1 space.

Damage: At the end of the round, roll 1 combat die for every figure on a Distortion Nebula Space. If a skull is rolled, inflict 1 wound.
Printing for Distortion Nebula and Dimension Rifts: (Choose a style)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

And these Terrain Bases work well for pasting them on.

Rules for Dimension Rifts will be coming very soon with another figure in "Space Virus".
And eventually a visual instruction manual.

Mentionable Updates

The new card template introduced in this pack has a nice simplicity compared to the version 1 card and I believe should be more printer friendly.
I've added V2 Cards for all the base set and kept the V1 cards of them available for those who might still enjoy them.

There's been a few small balancing adjustments made to Replicus, Fueng Tzi and Fell Abomination. Fell Abomination has also been changed to MI-GO Race and Parasite Class for future synergy!

All my customs are now available for OHS top down format. You can find the PNG images here - https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...wt3FRmM5Q/edit
All card images have been replaced with higher res ones.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; January 12th, 2022 at 05:11 PM.
Old December 18th, 2021, 05:53 PM

Re: Contention for Galaxus -12/18- Commensalism + Space Viru

Introducing..........

Commensalism + Space Virus

Space Virus

Delvaria-

Figure Name: Fungus Leshy - Darklands Rising #3 Pathfinder Battles D&D Miniature

V2 Card
Spoiler Alert!
Uses wound markers from AotP for Virus Markers.

Clarification:
Quote:
At the end of the round if a figure both has a virus marker and is adjacent to a figure with a virus marker, only add 1 virus marker. Same for a figure that is adjacent to 2 figures that have virus markers. All figures will only add up to 1 virus marker during this phase.

GLYPH - Gorfins Rotten Egg Glyph -

Print Hex
Spoiler Alert!

Commensalism

SKIIT TZU-

Figure Name: Core Spawn Emissary - Monsters of Wildemount 1 #2 D&D Critical Role Miniature

TZE TZE FENG-

Figure Name: Nymph, Lampad - Mythic Odysseys of Theros #05 D&D

FUENG TZI -Re-
Spoiler Alert!

GLYPH - Specular Stone -

Printing Hex
Spoiler Alert!

TERRAIN- DIMENSIONAL RIFT-

Rules for Distortion Rift:
Quote:
Movement: If a small or medium figure ends its movement adjacent to a Distortion Rift, you may place the figure on any empty space adjacent to any other Distortion Rift. If the moved figure is engaged, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Damage: Before moving a figure with Distortion rift, roll 2 Vortiza dice for Dimensional Rift damage. Inflict 1 wound for each Vortiza symbol rolled.
Clarification: Distortion Rift spaces are considered a height of one for adjacency purposes.

Printing for Distortion Nebula and Dimension Rifts: (Choose a style)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

And these Terrain Bases work well for pasting them on.

Mentionable Updates

Another new card template introduced in this pack. Even more printer friendly, my favorite yet for most of these as it brings out the contrast of the figures images with the brightness.
I've added V3 Cards for most of the customs.

Fueng Tzi has been adjusted for a defensive evolving limitation and boosted points by 10 with his new parasite healing synergy with the Skiit Tzu.
Fueng Tzi's race is Mi-Go, a Lovecraftian race.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; February 10th, 2022 at 01:05 AM.
Old December 18th, 2021, 09:05 PM

Skiit Tzu card fixed in post

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; December 18th, 2021 at 09:40 PM.
Old January 1st, 2022, 02:46 AM

Penumbra

Exol Syndicate-
Chittering hosts of Vortiza creep out from the rubble.

Figures From: Gales Force Nine - Aliens: Another Glorious Day in The Corps: Alien Warriors

Exol Broodmother-

Figure: Gales Force Nine - Aliens: Another Glorious Day in The Corps: Alien Queen

Kruta-
Shadow manipulating beasts. Pets of the Exol.

Figure Name: Steel Predator - Volo & Mordenkainen's Foes #29 D&D Miniature

Notes: The Exol Syndicates Strategic Bonding was a Movement Bonding at first. The gameplay felt a bit too linear still and the Syndicate's low defense just couldn't follow up. So I changed it to the Strategic Bonding. Now the Broodmother can be extremely brutal and the Kruta get more offensive play! I'm pretty sure the Queen will need a point boost with some more testing. Acid Blood I took from @Sherman Davies Alien Customs and tweaked it a bit. Thanks for the inspiration. Lastly, I recall @William099 wanting some parasite mechanic. The small added detail to the Exol Broodmother's Rebirth for a marker that can be placed on heroes was your influence.

GLYPH - Glyph of Zalunaiis -

Print Hex
Spoiler Alert!

Mentionable Updates

Nothing.
Happy New Year.
Here's to the next year of unforeseeable events.
In the wise words of Jerry Springer, "Take care of yourself. And each other."

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; January 18th, 2022 at 04:35 AM.
Old January 17th, 2022, 11:10 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Spoiler Alert!

Ah thanks Schismatic!

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards