Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old January 26th, 2021, 06:33 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

I agree with the "exception" for MS1 (waiting on testing til they're all or mostly all done), since we need that critical base for establishing what kind of synergies we like & don't like.

Well, it sounds like there's some decent agreement here between myself, Splash, & Shiftrex. I propose that we give it a few days (til the end of the week perhaps?) for anyone else who wants to chime in to add their thoughts on this thread. Then we revisit it over the weekend based on what feedback has been given.

Here's the information I think anyone who has been involved / wants to be involved should provide:

1) Thoughts on how we should proceed (agree with what's been proposed here / disagree / other ideas)
2) Whether changing our process would alter your level of involvement (increase/decrease/neither)

My info:
1) I think we should change to clear stages where stage (1) involves individual ownership & collective agreement is required to move out of stage (1)
2) I think this would allow be to be somewhat more involved as I could work mostly offline when I have available time
Old January 26th, 2021, 07:20 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I agree with the proposal of shifting "rough drafts" and brainstorming to be owned by a single person that is responsible for it. Then coming to committee when we are ready to do tests and edits and progression (this is what I got from the discussion so far).

This would definitely rekindle interest. I have a lot of time to dedicate to customs and I go quite far to get my own customs in a good space before I move to individual testing. This might get us back on track, would require just reformatting the process for clarity and engagement. MS1 is the hurdle, once we get there then we have the ability to make a lot of things happen with some sense of a grounded direction and accomplishment in the project.
Old January 26th, 2021, 09:27 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thumbs up Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

Sounds good.
Old January 27th, 2021, 09:19 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I pretty much agree with:

1) Group of cards in development / rough draft stage
2) Group of cards in play testing stage
3) Cards in the development stage are controlled by one person. We have a draft of available figures, and group members get to pick a card to design. The draft can have several rounds, with each member working on several cards at once. Of course, others can give suggestions and comments, but ultimately it's up to the drafter to choose the direction of the design.

Some history:
HoSS started out as a card designing thread. For a long time, they just worked on designs for cards, without any playtesting. By the time they decided to put out "official" releases, they had a long set of rough drafts for many of the characters in Star Wars.

Of course, once they started working on official designs, they made a lot of changes to the rough drafts. But having those rough drafts gave them a sense of direction for the project (such as factions and special ability symbols for Force Push, Force Leap, etc...) And they had rough drafts of many figures that people could use for fun (and informally playtest at the same time).

I would be excited to help with the project again if we did those changes.
Old January 30th, 2021, 10:47 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It seems like we have a pretty good consensus then on how we'd prefer to move forward.

I should have time later today to create the Stage 1 (Individual Card Ownership) OP. I'll post a link here once that's done.
Old January 30th, 2021, 06:18 PM

Ok, here's the new thread for stage 1 development:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=58651

Obviously nothing is set in stone permanently. I tried to capture the result of our discussion here accurately in the OP of that thread, but please let me know if anything looks wrong / suggestions for additions & improvements.

Hopefully this can help us get the jump start we needed.
Old April 19th, 2021, 08:12 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Splash asked if I'd be interested in joining HoME awhile back and I declined due to generally not being great at committee work (aka being unable to compromise on anything). Upon reflection though I'll always have my own toys in my own corner so that shouldn't stop me from trying to make HoME a reality on par with the HoSS and C3G stuff.

So if you need a new member for the purposes of design and playtesting you can count me in. Idunno if y'all have a vetting process or anything.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 19th, 2021, 10:30 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
@Splash asked if I'd be interested in joining HoME awhile back and I declined due to generally not being great at committee work (aka being unable to compromise on anything). Upon reflection though I'll always have my own toys in my own corner so that shouldn't stop me from trying to make HoME a reality on par with the HoSS and C3G stuff.

So if you need a new member for the purposes of design and playtesting you can count me in. Idunno if y'all have a vetting process or anything.

~TAF
The vetting process should be: participates regularly in design brainstorming and play testing. Just those two things will bring any stagnate project back to life.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 19th, 2021, 10:55 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I agree with that statenent we would love to have you. Ever since Cap got busy things fell into a slump, but I'd love to talk LOTR customs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs