Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old July 12th, 2022, 03:47 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Workshop

A d20 roll would still be fun with Visionary Beast, maybe he could attack with a stretchy punch, then roll the d20 for a ? or higher to see if he can move a certain amount of spaces and attack again. Plus two attacks where he can go after non-adjacents even if he is engaged would make a fun offensive turn for Reed.
Old July 12th, 2022, 04:32 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
A d20 roll would still be fun with Visionary Beast, maybe he could attack with a stretchy punch, then roll the d20 for a ? or higher to see if he can move a certain amount of spaces and attack again. Plus two attacks where he can go after non-adjacents even if he is engaged would make a fun offensive turn for Reed.
The d20 roll does not work with Beast as is because Special Attacks cannot be modified.
Old July 12th, 2022, 04:48 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
Quote:
I like Visionaries and Kings, but that's just me.
I agree here, Visionaries and Kings seems like the best option to me.

I'll also agree with Tickle that the Special Attack tied to a d20 roll for range is too much. I could see if the range was over say 10 spaces you subtract 1(or 2) from the attack roll. Or maybe keep it an attack of 4 but you have to subtract a skull if the target is over 10 spaces away?
I think at that point the power ceases to really have much oomph, so I'd just assume drop it or change it to a normal attack to at least allow him a chance to maximize etc.
Old July 12th, 2022, 05:07 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
The d20 roll does not work with Beast as is because Special Attacks cannot be modified.
Could just make it a special power that applies to normal attack and adjust range, of course we haven't heard from @toyhandle since the initial post, so I'll hold off on exploring the idea further.
Old July 13th, 2022, 02:38 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Even if Reed was only briefly a public member of the regular Avengers, the Illuminati are a sub-faction of Avengers, both in the comics and C3G

Avengers, unlike most other teams, are not bound by family, species or nation. Illuminati is the same, and brought together to protect Earth. There’s a higher bar for entry into the Illuminati, and they are not public, but they are indeed an Avengers sub-faction.

That’s the implication, with most of their adventures being published under New Avengers: Illuminati (2006), New Avengers: Illuminati (2007), and New Avengers vol. 3 #1-33.

Either way, that's a significant amount of time Reed was featured in Avengers comics. And he's helped Avengers save the world plenty of times before, as he would be doing here.

Members of the main universe aside from the original members:
Captain America, Medusa, Captain Britain, Amadeus Cho, Doc Green (Hulk), Yellowjacket

Members in alternate universes:
Captain Britain (Betsy Braddock), Doctor Doom, Magneto, Emma Frost, Captain Mar-Vell, Black Panther (Shuri), Iron Man (James Rhodes), Thanos, Captain Marvel (Maria Rambeau), Captain Carter and Baron Mordo.

They fit the bill of Visionaries and Kings, but also Queens, Rulers, Leaders, etc. 

C3G Doom and Hank Pym work exceptionally well in the faction already, and I’m not calling for some Illuminati design of all these characters. It just makes the most sense to me to call out Visionaries, and have Avenger markers cover the rest.

Black Swan reclassing Kings and Visionaries makes sense for her, because that allows you to create “The Cabal,” using Namor (King), Maximus, who might be a King or Visionary, and The Maker (Ultimate Universe Reed Richards) if he isn't a Destroyer by default.

——————————-

On the topic of the middle power, I thought it was a fun take on stretchy powers. It also fills the Illuminati’s need for a Special Attack, which currently only Doctor Strange's spells can provide.

Having seen how Thor (II) played in League by Fret, his similar type of power didn’t appear chaotic in practice.

Also, Reed might at times have some Invention Glyph that would be a better option for him to use than that power.

If a full 20 goes beyond the realm of believability for Reed, Idk how it’d be worded, but could be the D20 result divided by 2, rounding up, or adding the digits of double digit results together, so the result is never more than 9? Seems convoluted though.

Here was the previous version, which was not a special attack:

ELONGATION
Instead of moving normally, you may roll the 20-sided die. After rolling, you may either place Mister Fantastic on an empty space up to X spaces away, or X equals Mister Fantastic's Range number for the remainder of this turn. X equals the number rolled. When using Elongation, Mister Fantastic does not take any leaving engagement attacks, and may attack non-adjacent figures even while he is engaged.

Mr. Nobody also had an interesting idea that he or I can share once we hammer out the wording of it little more.
Old July 13th, 2022, 07:59 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Move - 15?
Range - 1

ELONGATION
Before moving Mister Fantastic normally, you may subtract any amount from his Move number and add it to his Range number for this turn. Mister Fantastic never takes any leaving engagement attacks and may attack non-adjacent figures even while he is engaged.
I think something like this would be fun and would represent the stretching well while also feeling more calculating. I don't think the special attack accomplishes much for the faction and it kinda works against the faction being a d20 power that cannot be boosted by Beast (which I think will actually lead to it being misplayed more often than not).
Old July 13th, 2022, 09:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What about something like this?

ELONGATION
Instead of moving normally, you may roll 12 combat dice. After rolling, you may either place Mister Fantastic on an empty space up to X spaces away, or X equals Mister Fantastic's Range number for the remainder of this turn. X equals the number of skulls rolled. When using Elongation, Mister Fantastic does not take any leaving engagement attacks, and may attack non-adjacent figures even while he is engaged.

Hitting a full 20 feels like a bit of a *stretch* to me, but I could see like 12.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 13th, 2022, 12:14 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
…they are indeed an Avengers sub-faction.

That’s the implication, with most of their adventures being published under New Avengers: Illuminati (2006), New Avengers: Illuminati (2007), and New Avengers vol. 3 #1-33.
That’s a lot of inference. Illuminati stories are told in New Avengers books, but that’s arguably because (a) Bendis created the concept and put it in his New Avengers book and (b) because Marvel knows that a book with the Avengers name will sell more copies than a book named otherwise.

In-universe, the team has very little relationship with the Avengers other than sharing a few members. The Illuminati contains several characters that don’t have Avengers membership, and neither group recognizes them as a sub-faction.

Quote:
… It just makes the most sense to me to call out Visionaries, and have Avenger markers cover the rest.
I think that’s more of an argument for ditching the callouts entirely. If you’re building something like the MoM Illuminati, you won’t have anybody handing out Avenger Markers, which means Reed’s power won’t function very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
What about something like this?

ELONGATION
Instead of moving normally, you may roll 12 combat dice. After rolling, you may either place Mister Fantastic on an empty space up to X spaces away, or X equals Mister Fantastic's Range number for the remainder of this turn. X equals the number of skulls rolled. When using Elongation, Mister Fantastic does not take any leaving engagement attacks, and may attack non-adjacent figures even while he is engaged.

Hitting a full 20 feels like a bit of a *stretch* to me, but I could see like 12.
My yoga instructor asked me to do a 20 space stretch one time. It wasn’t fun.

I brainstormed something with combat dice as well. I think the inherent downside there is that it keeps the randomness that Tickle was concerned about, but it also loses the D20 synergy with Beast. (Not saying it won’t work, just that there’s a downside.)
Old July 13th, 2022, 12:17 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I just think 20 spaces starts to feel like teleportation pretty quickly.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 13th, 2022, 12:21 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

For sure, I think looking for alternates to the current version is smart, since the majority seem not to be digging it. Would be cool if the alternate could be D20-based as well though.
Old July 13th, 2022, 12:36 PM

ELONGATION
Instead of moving normally, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 4-7, you may either place Mister Fantastic on an empty space up to 4 spaces away, or 4 equals his Range number for the remainder of his turn. If you roll 8 or higher, you may either place Mister Fantastic on an empty space up to 8 spaces away, or 8 equals his Range number for the remainder of his turn. When using Elongation, Mister Fantastic does not take any leaving engagement attacks, and may attack non-adjacent figures even while he is engaged.

Maybe something like that? Quite wordy.

Old July 13th, 2022, 01:36 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Move - 15?
Range - 1

ELONGATION
Before moving Mister Fantastic normally, you may subtract any amount from his Move number and add it to his Range number for this turn. Mister Fantastic never takes any leaving engagement attacks and may attack non-adjacent figures even while he is engaged.
I think something like this would be fun and would represent the stretching well while also feeling more calculating. I don't think the special attack accomplishes much for the faction and it kinda works against the faction being a d20 power that cannot be boosted by Beast (which I think will actually lead to it being misplayed more often than not).
Was there an issue with something like this? It feels strategic like Reed Richards and the move number could easily be tweaked as desired here, I wasn't sure exactly where to set it for this power, even a move of 10 give him lots of early mobility and lategame range. I do like the ability for him to attack non-adjacent figures even while engaged.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy