Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 7th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1shark View Post
Honestly, I think Red Blok fits Einar's style much better, I have no idea what general would choose cogs as in all honesty, their style differs radically from anything in Heroscape.

Therians = Valkrill
Oni Corp = Utgar
UNA = Jandar, Aquilla, or Vydar
Red Block = Einar
Karmans = Vydar

(Ullar perfers nature so I doubt much scifi outside of biological scifi like the vipers would come from him)

Cogs really are a strange bunch, but I'd love to be proven wrong on them. Perhaps a new general could fill the gap?

for those who don't know, Red Blok are kind of like space russians. (it would be funny to see comrade bonding, if the figures would more readily purchasable)
I agree that Red Blok fits Einar. I just think they both do. Unfortunately, Red Blok has limited availability.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old December 8th, 2014, 02:31 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

Gale force 9 has these awesome purple crystals that would be great for a dnd terrain expansion.

Find them here.
Old December 9th, 2014, 12:15 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

The board game, Claustrophobia, comes pre-painted and decently priced at generally $50 with 17 minis, so close to $2.95 a figure. Wile I haven't found a specific store that has many copies, there seems to be quite a bit of it scattered across the internet. Most notably at amazon and ebay. With this game in particular I know that even my FLCS has a copy, and it's generally is too small to sell anything other than the cards that it sells there.
Old December 9th, 2014, 03:18 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

That's a really cool looking game.

(These are repainted, I believe, but it's the sculpts at least). Pictured is the Redeemer, 2 Condemned Brutes, 2 Condemned Blades for Hire, and the Demon.

1 of each of the above, and 2 of the 11 Troglodytes included in the set.

So it's basically a Unique Hero, 2 Unique Squads of 2, and another Unique Hero with 11 Common Heroes to go with him.
Old December 13th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
The board game, Claustrophobia, comes pre-painted and decently priced at generally $50 with 17 minis, so close to $2.95 a figure.
I took a look at the pics over on BGG and it really does look like a great set of figures. The sculpts look good, the paint jobs look decent ... even the bases are close. The problem is, it's not a $50 game that you might find cheaper on Amazon. It's a $65 game that you can find on Amazon for $52. Even at $3 a figure (where one is fairly large), it might still be doable, but then you have this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
So it's basically a Unique Hero, 2 Unique Squads of 2, and another Unique Hero with 11 Common Heroes to go with him.
That's a tough configuration. I'm trying to imagine what sort of design we could come up with for a common hero that you might need 11 of, and I'm not coming up with anything.

But you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old December 13th, 2014, 08:07 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post

That's a tough configuration. I'm trying to imagine what sort of design we could come up with for a common hero that you might need 11 of, and I'm not coming up with anything.

But you never know.
Football players.

The Dirty Dozen. Their Special Powers kick in when one of them is dead - and they start the game that way.

The spiritual meaning of 11 is about doubling (2 1s together), and purity and other virtues attributed to the number 1, as well as being one of the "master" numbers. Sun and moon energy simultaneously. Vibrational frequency of balance. I'd call them (duh!) The Eleven - and make them Aquilla. I'd give them generic stats based on their sculpts (it not being clear to me which are theirs), they'd activate like Wyrmlings, and have Double Attack. I'd also give them Sun and Moon Special Powers that were dependent on whether the number of The Eleven on the map was odd or even.
Old December 13th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool idea kolakoski. I really like the idea of their powers changing when they go from odd to even to odd...

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 13th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Very cool idea kolakoski. I really like the idea of their powers changing when they go from odd to even to odd...
Immediately after I read that, I thought to myself "I have to make a common squad with a power like that".
Old December 17th, 2014, 07:08 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Immediately after I read that, I thought to myself "I have to make a common squad with a power like that".
If the sculpts are different from one another (still not clear), then an Uncommon Squad could work (see thread in Competitive Armies Forum). A reason to create Uncommon Squads would be just that - to include diverse sculpts in the same squad. I'd love to see a hero that would allow mixing and matching of squad units. Preferably, he'd be a Warlord, as the Romans (with Marcus and the Venoc Warlord, not to mention Zogross) have a lot of potential for such mashing.
Old December 17th, 2014, 01:43 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I recommended the set over a year ago.
Old December 17th, 2014, 08:29 PM

I thought that someone had, but decided to bring it back to the limelight anyway. Thank's for suggesting it Serenity.
Old December 19th, 2014, 08:18 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

Just thought that I'd point out that C3G created a solid mechanism for using huge amounts of Common Heroes, while bonding with a figure as well. Obviously you could adapt it to better fill a role, but there hasn't been a swarm-based power for a while.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs