Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 17th, 2014, 04:41 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Competitive Unit Alters

@IshMEL Good point about Brave Arrow being a name, but I think it could be a common name but really just hate the idea of changing any unit's name. Thorian Speed might be an alternative, but again I playtested EVASIVE 2 and that was too powerful, at least for ranged units like Syvarris and the Aubrien Archers, so maybe only for melee heroes. Only played Sharwin once with an elf-pod (Emirroon summoning but no Ulginesh bonding) and once by himself and was OK, although I think one time he just whiffed and died on one turn. For AW "Unholy Movement Bonding", I guess I can change the name, but it is easier to recognize the same units as Death Knights, and Anubus is the god of the underworld so Unholy fits.
@Seraph Honestlly, I have only been able to play on average one or two games a month against rommates, which are my only games outside of tournaments, and most use some combination of C3V/SoV, CUC, CUA, and my customs. I have played about 2/3 of the new changes at least once, some (like the elves) 3 or 4 times. The following is some units I have never playtested as they currently are: Blue Wyrmling, Fyorlag Spiders, Ashigaru Yari, MacDirk Warriors, Frost Giant of Morh, Iskra, Rechets of Bogdan, Mind Flayer Mastermind, Evar Scarcarver. Again, that is why these should only be in casual games, not tourneys, unlike CUC. I have played the others, but need some more testing. Kato Katsuro, Dzu-Teh, and Obsidian Guards are fun changes but really depends on army size and whether facing melee or ranged heavy armies so need a lot more testing for different levels. Some units like Frost Giant of Morh, Mind Flayer Mastermind and Evar Scarcarver I playtested almost as they are but tweaked to make a little better (like adding terrain bonuses) and need to retest. Really, I think a group testing with 5+ trials by 5+ people is really needed, but again the whole purpose of this is I am too impatient for CUC to do it properly, so did it quickly. I would love to hear feedback on people who actually played any of these cards.
Old September 17th, 2014, 04:52 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I wasn't quite clear on Evasive 1 -- I meant to suggest just changing the name of the power to "Elven Speed" but keep the power as is. Again, purely style. (Also, I think Sharwin's female... )
Old September 23rd, 2014, 06:31 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I updated the PDF compilation. Also, here is a list of the other changes I made:
  • Dzu-Teh: Change GLACIER CAMOUFLAGE to NATURE CAMOUFLAGE "If a Dzu-Teh is adjacent to a Glacier Mountain, Rock Outcrop, Tree, Palm Tree or Brush, opponent's figures must be adjacent to this Dzu-Teh to attack it with a normal attack."
  • Greater Ice Elemental: Decrease cost from 130 to 110
  • MacDirk Warriors: Increase Defense from 2 to 3.
  • Elite Onyx Vipers: Increase defense from 2 to 4, change EVASIVE 8 to EVASIVE 6.
  • Khosumet The Darklord: Same as CUC Khosumet minus RELENTLESS ASSAULT change to aura.
  • Frost Giant of Morh: Change from Fearless to Wild, Change BATTLE FRENZY to "After attacking with this Frost Giant of Morh, roll the 20-sided die. If this Frost Giant of Morh is on a snow or ice space, add 3 to your die roll. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may attack again take another turn with this Frost Giant of Morh. Battle Frenzy may be enhanced with Frenzy Enhancement and Berserker Charge Enhancement.
  • Grok Riders: Basically adapted CUC approved change so they can now bond with Kee-Mo-Shi & Tul-Bak-Ra
  • Iskra: Change FLYING to STEALTH FLYING. Change SUMMON THE RECHETS OF BOGDAN to "...If you roll a 14 12 or higher...
  • Rechets of Bogdan: Change FLYING to STEALTH FLYING.
  • Mind Flayer Mastermind: Change cost from 100 to 85. Change ENSALVE 17 to ENSALVE 16 "...If you roll a 16 or higher...
  • Obsidian Guards: Change LAVA THROW to "When an Obsidian Guard is on a molten lava space it may add 2 4 to its range. Otherwise, when a Obsidian Guard is adjacent to at least one figure with the Lava Resistant special power it may add 2 to its range."
  • Deathwalker 7000, 800, and 9000: Make them all Common Heroes, and reduce cost of each by 20.
Old September 27th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks for the PDFs! Sadly, I can't print 3 to a page on my printer. Would you also be willing to make 2 to a page versions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 29th, 2014, 12:39 PM

It won't print at all, or is it just cut off or the wrong size? Just print at 100% actual size. It will cut off the borders of some cards, but should be playable. I could update my GIMP ScriptFu to print 2-page as well I guess if there was enough demand for 2/page.
Old September 29th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It cuts off the bottom of the 3rd card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 15th, 2015, 11:36 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is an older thread, but I hadn't seen it until now. There's a lot of fun ideas here. I really like the Mac Dirks with 3 defense. Small change, but makes a great difference. The ninja and samurai stuff is great, too.

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old February 11th, 2016, 09:15 AM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

someone pointed me to this thread, great ideas!
FOr the Obsidian guards I'd thought of some lava creating ideas but Good Pig had some very useful cautions and counter ideas

but how about if each squad or figure (maybe figure would be too much) had a single lava hex or lava field hex that they could add to an adjacent empty hex. It could still be quite a useful way to block retreats and cause problems, it could even be something like rolling an attack or defence die per adjacent empty hex to "erupt" them into some kind of lava. Would also mean they could be used on non lava maps and still have some power.
Old July 29th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I got directed to this thread from a discussion in the Book of Hatamoto Taro, and I really like a lot of the alterations for these figures. I realize this is probably a few years late, but I noticed some interesting things with the alteration to Saylind. First, it says that Saylind's life was increased from 4 to 5, but the original life was already 5. I think this might have been confused with Saylind's defense, which is now at 4, though the original card is at 3. Second, it refers to Saylind with male pronouns, but the original card uses female pronouns. I'm sure just a small oversight, but I thought I'd point it out.

Again, really cool alterations! Might have try one of these out sometime.
Old July 30th, 2017, 10:05 PM

@rednax My first version of Saylind had extra life, but I changed it to extra defense, but forgot to update the text in the opening post. I never did realize that Saylind is female so I'll have to change. I have a few other typos and small revisions I have to make anyway, especially for the combined PDF.

But thanks for checking it out. Again, I and others really should play test and help out the CUC more (what this thread is based off) as multiple people working together would not only prevent typos, but make a lot better unit.
Old June 6th, 2018, 03:48 AM

UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker

Spoiler Alert!

I like the changes you've made here. A couple things I would like to say:

You said that you want the notnw to not bond with Isamu but be able to bond with the other ninjas, but couldn't figure a way to do that. How do you feel about something like Honorable Ninja Bonding, which would let them bond with ninjas that do not follow Utgar?

Why did you stop the Sahuagin unable to bond with Venom and Abomination? They both are powerful units but I don't think them bonding with fish-face would break anything.

How do you feel about full Frenzy on the frost giant?
Old June 6th, 2018, 10:57 AM

@UberQ9 thanks for responding, you probably saw my comment on the Competitive Unit Congress thread.

For NotNW I thought of the non-utgar wording with bonding. Now with the release of Kantono Daishi I think this custom is moot, but if I were to change the bonding it would have to start with "When revealing an Order Marker on..." and Isamu will just be even more OP with them, but gives a reason to even draft NotNW then as opposed to all the Ninja Heroes.

I guess I could remove "that follows any general" which was specifically designed to nix Marvel. If you are going to mix Marvel and not only normal Heroscape but my CUA you obviously just want a fun army.

For Frost Giant of Morh, I actually thought of changing Battle Frenzy back to the original "attack again" instead of "take another turn" as I changed my mind that I like this power as is, although I still like the + for snow/ice and Valguard/Venoc Warlord. I played my card once with Dreadgul Raiders and Valguard and he was way too OP.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards