Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 24th, 2021, 10:28 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Nick Fury (MCU) - Initial Playtesting

Life Model Decoy is pretty neat.

We do have a few Agent Avengers as well. I was actually pondering proposing a class change for She-Hulk from Defender to Agent, but wasn’t sure yet if it was thematically fitting or not. I do like that there’s some sub-group umbrellas in the overall faction though. A bit odd we didn’t go Agent on Hawkeye.
Old September 24th, 2021, 10:31 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Fury Jr is kinda.... lame? He's obviously just created as a cash-in for the films. He's not nearly as important of a character as MCU (Or Ultimate Fury), and is lower in the rank than most other agents because he's a new guy.

That said I've only read a few things with him and I forgot that he was Jr since they play him up like the MCU one as much as possible, aside from a line where he said that Maria Hill trained him. Confused me at first until I realized what's going on, hah. So I'm not sure the marker hub approach really fits with Jr, but also I could see him being a more front lines guy. So if anyone knows him really well, I'd defer to them.

But I'm fine either way personally. The spirit of the design is still there.
Old September 24th, 2021, 10:40 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Ultimate Fury would also be fine to capture here. He was Sam Fury before Sam Fury was Sam Fury.

Regardless, they’re sort of the MCU equivalent as you’ve stated anyway, so I figured capturing the comic character primarily with it doubling as the MCU version as well, as we did with Widow, feels more beneficial than just labeling it MCU among a bunch of comic versions.
Old September 24th, 2021, 10:45 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Fury Jr. is like...an odd fascination of mine? Not gonna pretend I've read everything he's in, but Battle Scars, the mini he debuted in, was something I collected as it came out just cause of how ridiculous it is. (Random soldier starts getting attacked by Marvel supervillains, then he loses an eye, then we find out his dad is Nick Fury, then he gets to be a SHIELD agent, then we find out his best friend's name has been Phil Coulson this whole time. Okay. )

Obviously Marvel intended to use him to replace original Fury, but then I think they realized the internal logic of this random soldier dude suddenly becoming just as high-ranking of a leader as regular Fury made no sense. So he's always been stuck in this weird limbo as a character where sometimes they just try to ignore the fact that he's not original Fury, and sometimes they focus on it. Odd character overall.

Good news if we do want to use him though. It looks like he's worn the trenchcoat look at least once. Definitely not his iconic look, but it means we could do a bit of cheating if we want to.
Spoiler Alert!

Fwiw, I'd have no problem with Ultimate Fury either. There's the whole Ultimates/Avengers thing, but that seems like an easy enough issue to handwave.
Old September 24th, 2021, 11:21 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm really flexible to whichever direction we want to go in terms of MCU Fury, Fury Jr., or Ultimate Fury. I don't know the distinctions between the characters enough to passionately argue for one direction or the other.

I don't want to do a full rework at this point, though. The LMD power would work as a subtle enough change if we wanted to do that (I'd probably boost his points 10-20 with that change). If we did do that change, though, I'd caution against She-Hulk being turned into an Agent. I think she's too good to get a full resurrect like that, personally.

Fwiw, Hawkeye (I) is an Agent.

So I guess opinions on:

A. Sticking with Nick Fury (MCU)
B. Going Ultimates Nick Fury and keeping the same power set
C. Going Nick Fury Jr., naming the first power Secret Avengers, and doing Nobody's LMD power instead of Narrow Escape

Planning on going with Ark's revisions either way, so we'll have to come up with something for the first power title. Avenging Assets seems like a fine placeholder if we can't think of anything else.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; September 24th, 2021 at 03:05 PM.
Old September 24th, 2021, 11:28 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm fine with any and all, I just think it's worth being aware of what each one means.

Ultimate Nick Fury probably requires you to change the first power name to The Ultimates, since the Avengers aren't a thing in that continuity.

Nick Fury Jr. would require a name change obviously, and probably also a mini/art change if we want to go with that character's iconic look. I do think it's a bummer to lose that pseudo-MCU 2,000 point build by bumping his cost with the LMD power, fwiw. (I know, I know, the power I suggested. )
Old September 24th, 2021, 11:35 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Personally I'd rather keep the Ultimates as a separate thing from the Avengers - not sure there's anyone else in that boat with me though, with johnny no longer around. I don't think the Ultimates would have much of a reason to exist in the game if we were lumping them together with the normal Avengers faction-wise.

I'd err on the side of A since it seems like that's where most of the interest in the design is coming from, and what people are largely going to be using the design as, regardless of its designation.
Old September 24th, 2021, 11:42 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Personally I'd rather keep the Ultimates as a separate thing from the Avengers - not sure there's anyone else in that boat with me though, with johnny no longer around. I don't think the Ultimates would have much of a reason to exist in the game if we were lumping them together with the normal Avengers faction-wise.

I'd err on the side of A since it seems like that's where most of the interest in the design is coming from, and what people are largely going to be using the design as, regardless of its designation.
Yeah, both of these are good points.

I've never cared about adding the Ultimates to C3G, even if I was a pretty big Ultimate Universe fan. But if we made them completely mechanically different, that'd be neat.
Old September 24th, 2021, 11:47 AM

I’d prefer Fury Jr. with a power that won’t raise his cost. But ultimately it’s not a big deal either way.

Fwiw, art wise I’m not sure there is any art of MCU Fury in comic form?
Old September 24th, 2021, 11:52 AM
...has moist legs

Old September 24th, 2021, 11:53 AM
Just A Head

There's a lot of MCU prelude comics with MCU Fury in them. Not sure how many good shots there actually are.

Fwiw, Ronin makes some valid points, so consider me on Team A.
Old September 24th, 2021, 12:22 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I'd go with A but C seems fine as well. I'd let the Ultimates Nick to do something different since that's a more unique take on the Avengers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library