Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 22nd, 2021, 01:05 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Death Mask (Wait for Initial)

Should list your group who brainstormed this in the OP like I did in the threads I started for history sake.
Old July 22nd, 2021, 01:10 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Sure, what the hey!
Old July 22nd, 2021, 03:23 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Didn’t know these were posted. I’ll catch up but I wanted to say that I’m not completely happy with the last power. It makes it feel more like a life drain thing since it’s based on wounds given.

Perhaps something like each skull rolled may be used to heal or inflict a wound?
Old July 23rd, 2021, 11:03 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

It's only partially based on wounds given - there is a life drain aspect to it, but that's mainly just to supplement when normal healing isn't getting the job done. I like that because it feels like doing a Doom thing when you're not Deadpooling well enough.

Sounds like you're more liking the kind of thing Ark suggested though?
Old July 24th, 2021, 11:40 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
It's only partially based on wounds given - there is a life drain aspect to it, but that's mainly just to supplement when normal healing isn't getting the job done. I like that because it feels like doing a Doom thing when you're not Deadpooling well enough.

pretty much, yeah.
Old July 25th, 2021, 10:00 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

pretty much, yeah.
I think I'm leery of that because it feels like such a big pivot mechanically. Like it goes from a "keep this guy back and in position and safe" thing to a "get this guy up in the opponent's face" thing.
Old July 25th, 2021, 06:34 PM
A Man of Taste

The "throw your teammates under the bus" portion of the mechanic is one I'm most fine with losing honestly. The other two powers are the meat.

ACTIVE HEALING (or something to keep him out of HFX and other Hub teams)
After revealing an OM on this card you may remove a Wound Marker from this card.

and reusing this...

CRIMINAL DECEPTION
If a Criminal figure you control is within clear line of sight of Lex Luthor, Lex Luthor cannot be attacked and he will not take any leaving engagement attacks

Both way shorter than what's in the OP and gets the same idea across?

Or new idea...make it a gamble

ACTIVE HEALING
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may reveal the X Order Marker to heal X wounds. X is the number of revealed OM on this card.

So it could be 4 per round like HFX figures but if you get hit hard earlier you can burn it to heal a few wounds earlier.
Old July 25th, 2021, 06:45 PM
Symbiotic

Thematically I don't really get Criminal Deception here. Like, that's a power that says to me that Lex is going "I'm totally legit, that guy over there is the real threat!" and that's not really something Death Mask does.

I think mechanically that's moving us back toward what people originally took issue with, having multiple tools that do the same job.

I really like throwing teammates under the bus because it checks out as both a Deadpool thing and a Doom thing.

I'm also a little confused about the suggested changes to the healing mechanic - I thought your complaint was about being able to do the 'life drain' thing in addition to the healing, so I'm not sure why we're also changing the healing?

(Hope you don't feel like you're getting shut down here - just trying to articulate what I like about the current direction. Holding off on the initial while we talk this through, not looking to blow past your issues with it)

Last edited by Ronin; July 25th, 2021 at 07:25 PM.
Old July 27th, 2021, 06:42 PM
A Man of Taste

I think for me since the wounding comes, not when defending an attack, but on his own attack phase it feels too much like a life drain power and not a throw a teammate in the line of fire, in which case you lose the one power that felt Deadpool-y...the healing.

That's my thoughts in a nut shell.
Old July 27th, 2021, 07:09 PM
Symbiotic

How would you feel if the power otherwise had the same mechanics as the SP, but it triggered once a round for free (maybe on an X reveal) instead of being an 'instead of attacking' thing?
Old August 18th, 2021, 10:36 AM
Symbiotic

@japes ^ Bump on the above question.

Sorry, completely lost track of this one between one thing and another! Would like to get this moving again though.
Old August 19th, 2021, 01:31 PM
A Man of Taste

So you mean something like this?

BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY
At the end of the round you may reveal the XOM on this card. If you do, roll one combat die for each Wound Marker on this card. Then, you may choose any number of figures you control adjacent to Death Mask and inflict one wound on each of those figures. For each skull rolled and each wound inflicted, you may remove a Wound Marker from this card.

Honestly, not really. I'm having trouble seeing it as a throw his minions in front of the bullet so to speak and more lets take life away there to heal it here.

I'm kind of at a loss. Like if we try to represent the healing with just high life then we step all over the keynote first power so that's a no go. We want to avoid HFX for obvious reasons.

We can try something similar to Arkham's Wolverine to represent the healing in a different way and just lose the throw someone in the way part since we aren't really hitting that narratively here anyway.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library