Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 29th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Meesa sooo smilen to see'en yousa

Menchy is surprisingly tart
The Book of Master Win Chiu Woo

The Book of Master Win Chiu Woo
Promotional Figure 2007

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Heroscapers Units Gallery Page There is no information on this unit on the official Hasbro site.

From page 15 of the 2nd edition rules: "To determine clear sight, use Master Win Chiu Woo’s Target Point. If he can see any part of your Monk figures (not just the Hit Zone) within the 2 spaces, they are in range of the Master's Influence." (dnutt99)

- STEALTH LEAP 25 : “Single Leap” Clarification
    In Stealth Leap 25 it says "Master Win Chiu Woo may not leap more than 25 levels up or down in a single leap." Does a single leap mean one of the 3 moves that Stealth Leap 25 contains or the total of the leap?
    It refers to the total up and down movement of the Stealth Leap move. (Hasbro FAQ)

- STEALTH LEAP 25 : Leaping Over Lava
    Can Master Win Chiu Woo use Stealth Leap 25 to leap over molten lava without taking molten lava damage?
    Yes. (Hasbro FAQ)

- STEALTH LEAP 25 : Total Up/Down Movement
    If Master Win Chiu Woo Stealth Leaps over a 16 level high castle wall, would he be able to land 10 levels down on the other side of it?
    Yes. The total up or down movement cannot be more than 25 levels above or below the level you started on. You ignore elevations up to 25 levels because Master Win Chiu Woo cannot leap higher than that. Wherever you land, it cannot be more than 25 levels above or below the level you started on. (dnutt99)

- STEALTH LEAP 25 : Leaping Across Obstacles
    Can Master Win Chiu Woo Stealth Leap over a 30 level deep canyon if he lands on the same level on the other side?
    Yes. The total up or down movement for that leap was 0, so that is fine. (Hasbro FAQ)

- STEALTH LEAP 25 : Falling Damage
    Does Master Win Chiu Woo take falling damage when he stealth leaps less than 25 levels down?
    No, he does not take falling damage as long as he is Stealth Leaping less than 25 levels down. (Hasbro FAQ)

- STEALTH LEAP 25 : Enhanced Movement
    Can Master Win Chiu Woo's Stealth Leap 25 be enhanced by roads or other movement bonuses?
    No, Stealth Leap 25 is not enhanced by anything and has a maximum movement of 3 hexes. (dnutt99)

- STEALTH LEAP 25 : Leaping Over Terrain Occupied By Other Units
    A narrow wall of terrain rises from a flat field, one hex wide, 10 hexes long and 20 hexes tall, barring the Monk's path. Master Win Chiu Woo wishes to LEAP over the wall, and could ordinarily do so since his LEAP is able to clear a maximum height of 25. However, 10 Minions of Utgar stand along the 10 hexes of the wall-top. Minions are height 6 figures. Does this situation represent a "total height" of 26 (terrain 20 + figures 6 = 26) making the LEAP impossible? Or do the Minion figures NOT count toward the total height that the Master Monk must clear (and thus the is allowed to make this, a height 20 LEAP)?
    A figure's height doesn't add height to the terrain as it is not a wall or a part of the terrain. The monk would be able to leap to the safety of the above height before he started Shaolin Assaulting the Minions. (Hasbro FAQ)

- STEALTH LEAP 25 : Stealth Leaping "Through" Figures
    Can Master Win Chiu Woo Stealth Leap through a space that is occupied by another unit if there is not enough room to physically move him through that space? (Like an enemy unit standing in a 'window' of terrain.)
    Master Win Chiu Woo would be able to stealth leap over/through the figure. Remember, figures are not walls. Also, when it comes to "space" there is a point where you just have to draw a line. Even if the figure was encased in the window, and it seems the leaping figure wouldn't be able to leap through/over it, he can. He's a crazy leaping monk. And he's awesome. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - N/A

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - MASTER'S INFLUENCE : Monk Squad Units
    - SACRED BAND : Disciplined Army Defense Bonus
    * Having a Disciplined personality, Master Win Chiu Woo may aid the Sacred Band with their DISCIPLINED
    ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.
    *NOTE: See The Book of Sacred Band for proper application.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Rankings
  • Jexik: Master Win Chiu Woo- In addition to helping the monks, Woo is a formidable figure alone. C+
  • OEAO: C+
  • Cleon: Tier 3 (189/208)
  • dok (VC inclusive): Master Win Chiu Woo- The limited range on his influence is a big deal, but at least you don't need a dedicated OM to set it up anymore. B

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by superfrog; June 7th, 2019 at 01:02 PM. Reason: vc added
Old July 30th, 2007, 12:59 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Usually I'm not upset about missing out on exclusives... but this guy is pretty good.
Old July 30th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Usually I'm not upset about missing out on exclusives... but this guy is pretty good.
I've actually used Nerak quite a bit, but not Sir Hawthorne.

Anyway, one of the figures from wave 8 (the one with the stick) is possibly a monk, which would synergize with Master WCW well.

Old July 30th, 2007, 01:14 AM

TexHex Woo who?
Don't mean to seem silly but is Master Win Chiu Woo wearing an eye patch or did the wash give him a black eye?
Old July 30th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHex
Don't mean to seem silly but is Master Win Chiu Woo wearing an eye patch or did the wash give him a black eye?
I believe he has shades.

Old July 30th, 2007, 12:17 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like this exclusive. Anything that helps old figures is a plus for me. I might actually use the monks now. Their 3 defense just couldn't cut it normally, but 4? I need more now! I hope I get the exclusive soon
Old July 30th, 2007, 12:24 PM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
He is bringing back the monks. I got to trade them back before my friend finds out about this guy. He looks like an Agent Carr with a monk outfit to me.

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old July 31st, 2007, 09:30 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
I like this exclusive. Anything that helps old figures is a plus for me. I might actually use the monks now. Their 3 defense just couldn't cut it normally, but 4? I need more now! I hope I get the exclusive soon
Yep, low defense was always my problems with the monks. They would fall like flys before they could reach the battle.

I also think it is cool that the Monks can jump up castle walls with this guy. I was always dissapointed that the monks didn't get a bonus with the realese of castle set, so Win Chiu helps a lot there too.

My only concern is lack of bonding.... how do you guys think that Win Chiu is going to stay with the other Monks anyway?

Otherwise, I think that this is easily might favorite exclusive yet!
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:00 AM

Riptide is surprisingly tart
I'd say that he would lead them into battle, then they can catch up. I know that it is no really efficient to use 2 order markers and all but...
Old July 31st, 2007, 11:17 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
I'd say that he would lead them into battle, then they can catch up. I know that it is no really efficient to use 2 order markers and all but...
Actually, he's slower than them, so he has to play catch up. :P

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 8th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
What assortment is listed on Woo's card on the basic rules side?

EDIT: Never mind I found it....

The Master's Arrival

Old August 11th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Oof. I can't wait to get this guy in action!!!
It always bugged me the Shaolin Monks couldn't get into a castle with battlements on top.
Woo comes along and remedies that funk.
He seems insanely tough with 4 attack/4 defense and master's Assault, but it's what we all secretly wanted to see with the Shaolin Monks. :P
Now we have a chance to keep the Shaolins in play a little longer.
Woo with the monks is going to be smokin'.

A part of me wants him aligned with Ullar, but the other part is downright curious as to the General's flavor - vines and thorny creepers along the the card's border. And the General's logo - flora face with a gazing eye or is it prickly leaf framing a crescent moon?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units