Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 26th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Marvel goes anime

Just saw these videos. Me no likey.
Anime Wolverine
Anime Ironman

The idea of a bishounen Wolverine really rubs me the wrong way.
Old July 26th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Marvel goes anime

Iron Man looks really cool in my opinion.

Wolverine looks like a kid however and looks stupid.

And there is a whole long official history of Wolverine in Japan.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 26th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Iron Man looks really cool in my opinion.
The Ironman animation looks really good, but that dime a dozen anime villain really killed it for me. It gives it a severe something isn't right feel. I was all over the Ironman thing until I saw the villain guy.

Quote:
Wolverine looks like a kid however and looks stupid.
Everything about Wolverine bugged me.

Quote:
And there is a whole long official history of Wolverine in Japan.
One of the few comic items I still have is a Wolverine graphic novel set in Japan.

I'd like some more of this!
Old July 26th, 2009, 01:38 AM

Bloodthorn is surprisingly tart

I have to agree that the Wolverine one was a little disappointing, but the Ironman looked really nice. If I had to guess, they could be trying to broaden the Marvel market in Japan, hence the very anime version of Wolverine. Whatever the reason, you know most of us are going to at least watch it once.
Old July 26th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hugh Jackman will almost certainly ruin it, but Wolverine 2 is supposed to be loosely based on that run.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 31st, 2009, 06:25 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

This is from Worstpreviews.com regarding these Anime series':

During a panel hosted by writer Warren Ellis at the San Diego Comic-Con, anime "Iron Man" and "Wolverine" trailers were shown to the attendees of the event.

The trailers are promoting a four-part series that feature high-profile Marvel characters like Iron Man and Wolverine. The characters of the other two parts will soon be announced. The series, by Ellis and the Japanese animation studio Madhouse, will debut on the Animax channel in Japan in 2010.

I'm not a fan of Anime, but to each their own I guess.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 31st, 2009, 02:22 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

Did you notice how "Wolverine's" claws seemed to be coming out of his palms? Look at the closing shot when he lifts his right hand.

Overall, I thought Wolverine looked interesting, but only if you consider it as a completely new character. For me, the classic Wolverine's look is almost iconic - he is a short, solidly-built, hairy Canadian. Any significant changes to that and you don't have the same character. (Kind of like Battlestar Galactica - a good friend fondly remembered the old series and couldn't accept the new one until he came to think of it as a completely new series that happened to have the same name.)

I think Iron Man could work well as anime and stay relatively true to the existing character, but the trailer didn't excite me. As Minivann pointed out, I think it had a lot to do with the villian.

Last edited by MI_Tiger; July 31st, 2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old July 31st, 2009, 02:30 PM

Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby!

Who is that guy with Long Hair and what has he done to Wolverine.

Seriously, that isn't Wolverine. It's some imposter that glued claws to his hands.

Not sure about the Ironman one...
Old July 31st, 2009, 02:44 PM
Quest Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthasu1 View Post
Who is that guy with Long Hair and what has he done to Wolverine.

Seriously, that isn't Wolverine. It's some imposter that glued claws to his hands.

Not sure about the Ironman one...
When I heard "anime" and "Wolverine" mentioned in the same breath, I thought that he would still have essentially the same hair, if not more spikey. Reinventing the wheel for no reason is what I'm thinking. So much for iconic.

Some of the animation of Ironman flying through the air made me think of the Japanese Cartoon Strongbad Email with the "fly through space in cool poses".
Old July 31st, 2009, 02:46 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This seems like something that could have been pretty good. (Well, not really Iron Man, but Wolvie anyway) Since Wolverine has so many ties to Japan how could it go wrong? (The time he spent there in the mid 1900's, his son, iirc he was a host/avatar of a major spirit for a while, not to mention the long runs in the 80's/90's where he was in Japan.)

I mean even the charcter design is screwed up. I remember a Wolverine design from the late eitghties (I think) where he had super-long hair, but it was still in the Wolverine cut, it looked great and it would be perfect for an anime design. I suppose I'm just disappointed, I mean, it looks like the took the storyboards from a generic fantasy anime and replaced the swords with a pair of claws.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old July 31st, 2009, 03:42 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I'm a huge fan of Iron Man and a big hater of anime and its cliche ridiculousness. Also, Pepper has green hair. **** that.

EDIT: Good god, I thought the Iron Man trailer was bad; I just watched the Wolverine one.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; July 31st, 2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old July 31st, 2009, 04:36 PM

Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby!

Dear god, I just watched the Ironman one, and all I have to say is... Seriously?

I'm also with Necro on the Green Hair thing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV