Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old September 24th, 2010, 08:31 AM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Fast Lane - a competitive C3G map

If you moved the 7 hexers back, that's why the bridge feels springy. You won't have the ends of the 5 space bridge pieces supported on both ends, and are relying on friction to keep them in place. That works for you because you have tight fitting road pieces, but if your road pieces are heavily used and have more give, then the entire bridge will collapse if you put any weight on it.

I'm not clear on why the one-hex gap prevents figures from crossing under the bridge. It appears that there would only be two spaces where that might become an issue. Standing on the middle hex does not prevent a figure from traversing through the hex to either side, so I don't get what you're saying. I also moved up the level at which the one-hex gap begins, which should grant extra clearance to figures on those two hexes. It's now more similar to the original configuration, and I had no problems putting medium-sized figures under the bridge.

How tall are the figures that you're trying to fit under there? I don't care if tall figures can't fit under there - that's part of the design. Figures about the size of Batman should be fine. That's what I'm going for.
Old September 24th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

The wall pieces actually secure the 5-hex bridge pieces to the 2-hex road pieces on both ends, so it keeps the entire bridge structure secure for me. I agree that someone with looser pieces should try to construct it to see if it would collapse. Even in its springy state, the build was secure for me. You don't have to build the entire map to test this. Just have a person other than myself build just the bridge structure and set it on some supports. My photo above shows where the supports are located. Actually, the 5 hex pieces are supported on one end in my build. Looking at my photo, I see that there are only 4 hexes on the sides and 3 hexes in the middle that don't have any supports.

Having a figure standing on the glyph under the bridge does allow friendly figures to pass through, but doesn't allow enemy figures to pass around. I guess that was what I was getting at.

Since I don't rebase my figures, I don't expect all of my figures to fit. But I played a practice battle last night, and I had Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Thor, and Hulk battling under and over the bridge. Everything fit.

Those are simply my own observations, and feedback from others would be useful.

Last edited by davidlhsl; September 24th, 2010 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Additional items added to post rather than make another post
Old September 24th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

I'd better add that I plan to remove the bridge in my upcoming story, but I had the bridge in place during my practice battles. I didn't use any of the glyphs in my practice runs. Most of the battle took place on the flank, with some battles moving to the top of the bridge and underneath. This may change with different figures, but I thought you might be interested it that.
Old September 24th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

As Columbo would say, "Just one more thing..."

To clarify tone, because tone can be hazardous in a forum setting, I hope I don't come across as argumentative. I'm trying to clarify items where I perceive my points were misunderstood.

If you don't have the original format, or you would like to see the VS file with the changes I mentioned, I can send it via email if you wish to PM your email. (I don't think I can attach files in PM).

Seacrest out!
Old September 24th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
If you don't have the original format, or you would like to see the VS file with the changes I mentioned, I can send it via email if you wish to PM your email. (I don't think I can attach files in PM).

Seacrest out!
You are a Site Supporter so you could just upload it here. Then all of us could take a look at it.

P.S. I really like what you currently have up, mad_wookiee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; September 24th, 2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old September 24th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

First time uploading. Let's see if this works:

Edit: quozl's file is the same as mine, but with added support. So I don't see the need to keep my file in the system any longer.

I couldn't find the Time Bomb glyph symbols for the top of the bridge, so I couldn't include those.

Last edited by davidlhsl; September 26th, 2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old September 24th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Worked great. I see that you only have the bridge supported by one end. I moved some pieces to support it at both ends.

Virtualscape file here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2749

Want to check the stability of it in real life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 24th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Worked great. I see that you only have the bridge supported by one end. I moved some pieces to support it at both ends.

Sure, I'll make the changes tonight and let you know how it goes.

I'll take down my file once it's no longer needed. I'm providing it for discussion and review purposes.
Old September 24th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post

I checked it out, and your changes are stable. Just to do a bit of a "torture test," I tried it with the bridge shortened to 5 hexes long/3 hexes wide, and it fitted better on your setting than mine (not surprising, since I didn't support one hex on either end).
Old August 27th, 2023, 03:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Was this ever finalized? I don't recall seeing it in the competitive map library.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios