Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old January 12th, 2022, 08:20 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Workshop

Not terribly a fan of limiting Merc with a Mouth to a single enemy figure. Seems like something that would be relevant with any figure he was fighting.

I'd also cut the fourth power.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 12th, 2022, 08:36 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I also always thought Distracting Banter would be good for a Deadpool design.
Old January 12th, 2022, 04:43 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Hot take, I'd maybe avoid the Banter aspect of Deadpool entirely here? That's such an important part of Deadpool I, and that last bit of Merc With a Mouth just feels like it's repeating the same deal as Wisecrack.

I'll generally agree with the group that the last power should be the first thing to go. It's a fun bit power, but it's taking up a decent amount of space on an already-crowded card.

I personally don't have an issue with the healing balance-wise, but it is going to make him pretty swingy. There'll be a lot of situations where you really hope he'll get to the end of the round for that big heal, only for him to drop dead on turn 3.

I think it'd be smart to focus a bit on what Deadpool you want this to be, because I do feel like this design is doing a lot right now. Focus on which power is really shining to you, and let that be your guiding light. I'm personally most excited about the Teleportation Belt as an iconic Deadpool item, but if you're more interested in Merc With A Mouth, maybe this doesn't need to be Teleport Deadpool?
Old January 12th, 2022, 05:11 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Hot take, I'd maybe avoid the Banter aspect of Deadpool entirely here? That's such an important part of Deadpool I, and that last bit of Merc With a Mouth just feels like it's repeating the same deal as Wisecrack.
Possibly the most forgotten in game power in the history of C3G is such an important part of Deadpool I? Does it count as important if almost no one remembers to use it when it's triggered?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 12th, 2022, 07:21 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for helping me out with this everyone.
Quote:

NAME = DEADPOOL
SECRET IDENTITY = WADE WILSON

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ?

MERC WITH A MOUTH
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique or Event Hero to be Deadpool’s Contract. Deadpool rolls an additional die when attacking or defending against his Contract and if Deadpool’s Contract is engaged with Deadpool and at least one other figure, they can only target Deadpool for an attack.

"ME FIRST! ME FIRST!"
Start the game with the Glyph of Teleportation Belt on this card. Once per round, after moving and instead of attacking with a Unique Hero you control with the class of Mercenary or the species of Mutant, you may reveal an “X” Order Marker on this card. If you do, you may take a turn with Deadpool.

”AH CRAP, I REALLY NEEDED THOSE”
When an enemy figure rolls attack dice against Deadpool, you may choose not to roll defense dice. If you do not, and Deadpool is not destroyed by the attack, you may immediately remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the enemy figure’s Army Card and if you did not remove an “X” Order Marker, you may remove an additional Order Marker from that Army Card. You may then remove the same amount of Wound Markers from this card as Order Markers you removed with this special power.
Deadpool V3
I have Merc with a Mouth and the healing power where I want them aside from minor wording issues. I think MwaM is simple enough, building on Bounty Hunter but adding in his annoying factor, and could be reused on a future Deadpool or Deadpool Corps design. The third power it could be "if not the X" or "if it was the X"'.

I definitely want this to be the Teleporting Deadpool.
The second power I also really like, it ties in Mercenary builds and Mutants (but hoards the X marker so he wouldn't be working with Xavier), but would also enjoy the possibility of a multiple attack and teleporting more than once. I was thinking of having him be able to hit all engaged figures once, poof and then do it again, but I'm not at the level yet where I would know how to word it, so any help there would be further appreciated.
Or maybe something like after moving and attacking, if he dealt any wounds he can move and attack an additional time, but that's kind of approaching Double attack again.

Last edited by Splash; January 13th, 2022 at 12:56 AM.
Old January 12th, 2022, 07:33 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

While he is known to be immune to Telepaths, there was too much going on for the last power to be worth it. I still might like Mental Shield at least, it's not super neccessary to the design.

The first Deadpool design comes across as a serious Mercenary with one minor "comedic" power in Wisecrack and every time I've played with or against him it has been forgotten about at least once.

Also @MrNobody you should definitely save that Limb Marker power for when C3G tackles Monty Python in 2032 as "It's Just a Flesh Wound/I'm Invincible!" is the first thing it made me think of. :P
Old January 12th, 2022, 09:34 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Possibly the most forgotten in game power in the history of C3G is such an important part of Deadpool I? Does it count as important if almost no one remembers to use it when it's triggered?
I played him for 6 games in the 1st tournament I was in and I don't think I remembered to roll for it one time.
Old January 13th, 2022, 06:24 AM

Merc with a Mouth probably needs some adjustment. Right now if you managed to engage someone with Wasp (I) or Robin (Dick Grayson) (basically someone with Daring Decoy) and Deadpool, they'd have to take a leaving engagement and circle just to be able to attack one of the two. Throw in someone like Blob or someone else who stops movement and you break the game.

Old January 14th, 2022, 12:57 PM

Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker

SECRET IDENTITY = G'NORT ESPLANADE G'NEESMACHER

SPECIES = G'NEWTIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OFFICER (?)
PERSONALITY = CLUELESS/HAPLESS/LOYAL/BRAVE (?)

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5 (? need to measure, should be 5 though, he is canonically 5'10'')

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ?

GREEN POWER BATTERY 3
Start the game with 3 (?) green Battery Markers on this card. Add one to this Green Lantern's Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers for each green Battery Marker on this card.

OFTEN STUCK, LOST, AND GENERALLY INCOMPOTENT
If Green Lantern did not begin his turn within 6 (?) clear sight spaces of a friendly figure then he either cannot move or cannot attack this turn unless you remove a green Battery Marker from this card before taking a turn with Green Lantern.

SACRIFICE AND RETRIBUTION
When a friendly figure (other than Green Lantern, can't remember if this wording already excludes him) within X spaces of Green Lantern would receive one or more wounds, you may remove a Green Battery Marker from this card to ignore all wounds and roll an unblockable attack die against the figure that caused the wound(s). You may instead roll an unblockable attack die without removing a marker or ignoring wounds if the offending figure is adjacent to Green Lantern.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Old January 14th, 2022, 03:12 PM

I'd go with Hapless and might go with CONFUSED CORPSMAN for the second power title (in the name of keeping it to one line).

I'd probably go 2 GL Markers on him. 6 spaces sounds good for the second power.

Friendly doesn't include itself, I'm 90% sure.

I don't really care for the last power as written. It feels like he's shielding the other figure rather than sacrificing for them as written. It's basically a more powerful version of what John Stewart does, which doesn't track for me. If it's really a sacrifice, G'Nort should be taking the wounds instead.

Old January 15th, 2022, 02:50 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Interesting design, but the Lantern Corps is broad enough to make drafting a bumbling idiot character difficult without a "turn with out an order marker" hook.

Maybe something like this:

LOSER LANTERN
After revealing an order marker on a Green Lantern army card, instead of taking a turn with that card, you may take a turn with any two Green Lanterns you control. This Green Lantern must be one of the two Lanterns. When taking a turn with this Green Lantern, you must choose to subtract 2 from either his Move number or his Attack number for the remainder of the turn.

CLUMBSY CORPSMAN
After moving and before attacking, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 7 or lower, remove a Battery Marker from this card. If you roll a 1 or a 20, you must choose this Green Lantern or a figure within 5 clear sight spaces to receive a wound. After rolling for Clumbsy Corpsman, if there are still Battery markers on this card, you may roll for Clumbsy Corpsman again.

You get the key aspects of what you have before, but with some perks. He still trips over his own feet, but this way he'll still have some Move and Attack left so he's still a lame duck. Plus he basically tags along with another, more worthwhile Lantern.

The second power is largely negative, as he has a pretty good chance of accidentally discharging his ring when he moves into position and reducing his attack, but even that can have some good effects as he may accidentally "Alec Baldwin" a nearby figure. A "20" represents the times he actually shows up and is effective, the "1" represents an accidental discharge that actually hits something (although since it's a must, it could be an ally or his own foot). Plus, since he's probably not going to last long, if he still has charge in his ring you have the option of double-fumbling for another shot at autowounds.

By no means would this make him a "good" figure, but I don't think he's supposed to be. He's just "playably bad", which is what you want.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old January 16th, 2022, 09:04 PM

AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
NAME = SILVER SAVAGE
SECRET IDENTITY = NORRIN RADD

SPECIES = ZENN-LAVIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GLADIATOR
PERSONALITY =

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

WORLD OF STRUGGLE
If Silver Savage has at least 1 wound marker on his card, add 1 to his attack die when normally attacking an opponent’s adjacent figure. Silver Savage may not add more than 3 to his attack with this power.

SAVAGE MACE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4

If you inflicted a wound with this special attack, Knockback the defending figure X spaces. X is the number of skulls that were rolled.

HARD BODY
When rolling defense dice, roll one additional die for each skull rolled by your opponent.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING?
Just wrote this up for Silver Savage. Not totally set on anything I have here, I just wanted to give it a shot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy