Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #25  
Old January 9th, 2018, 09:06 PM
japes's Avatar
japes japes is offline
A Man of Taste
 
Join Date: August 3, 2011
Location: USA - TX - Austin (SW)
Posts: 13,716
Images: 39
japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

From what I remember the 2003 cartoon is a pretty decent representation of the comic version of the TMNT.

My main issue here is that you have 9 powers here and that's a crap ton. Instead of giving him a long convoluted power for MofN just give him bigger stats and counter strike. It's a simple power that people now so they can save brain space for the rest.

1. OM save power
2. Ninja Focus
---
3. TMNT version of Daring Decoy
4. Attack bonus
---
5. Mobile attack power (can't remember the base name for this power...the "may attack at any time before, during or after moving")
6.Disengage
7. another Attack bonus/power
8. Defense power
9. Counter Strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old January 9th, 2018, 09:31 PM
Yodaking's Avatar
Yodaking Yodaking is offline
C3G Landlord
 
Join Date: March 7, 2008
Posts: 23,640
Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

I believe I missed out on the PM and also didn't see the new thread link in those threads I'm subscribed too. Just so everyone knows where I'm coming from, when I hop on heroscapers.com I immedietly go to the User CP link and start going through all the threads I'm subscribed too that have experienced new activity, then I check my PM's and notifications. I often leave the site after doing that without browsing the different folders as that alone generally keeps me up to date on new developments while taking up quite a bit of time. So when a new thread is started, or an old thread has been bumped, I don't often see it unless I have previously posted in that thread or notified in some way. So please give me a heads up when you start a new thread.

As for Splinter, let me think on it a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old January 10th, 2018, 04:49 AM
Lazy Orang's Avatar
Lazy Orang Lazy Orang is offline
Not Citrus
 
Join Date: November 10, 2012
Location: British Isles
Posts: 10,523
Images: 6
Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I believe I missed out on the PM and also didn't see the new thread link in those threads I'm subscribed too. Just so everyone knows where I'm coming from, when I hop on heroscapers.com I immedietly go to the User CP link and start going through all the threads I'm subscribed too that have experienced new activity, then I check my PM's and notifications. I often leave the site after doing that without browsing the different folders as that alone generally keeps me up to date on new developments while taking up quite a bit of time. So when a new thread is started, or an old thread has been bumped, I don't often see it unless I have previously posted in that thread or notified in some way. So please give me a heads up when you start a new thread.

As for Splinter, let me think on it a bit.
Dammit! Why am I pathologically incapable of remembering that step! Sorry - PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
From what I remember the 2003 cartoon is a pretty decent representation of the comic version of the TMNT.

My main issue here is that you have 9 powers here and that's a crap ton. Instead of giving him a long convoluted power for MofN just give him bigger stats and counter strike. It's a simple power that people now so they can save brain space for the rest.

1. OM save power
2. Ninja Focus
---
3. TMNT version of Daring Decoy
4. Attack bonus
---
5. Mobile attack power (can't remember the base name for this power...the "may attack at any time before, during or after moving")
6.Disengage
7. another Attack bonus/power
8. Defense power
9. Counter Strike
I've been taking some time to think about it, and while I would love to get his more specific martial arts style across here, it doesn't seem that's going to be likely to happen the way I'd like and keep people happy. I'm willing to compromise, though, as long as he feels like a powerful martial artist with some form of counterstrike.

A)

MASTER SPLINTER

RODENT
UNIQUE HERO
SENSEI
WISE
MEDIUM 4

5 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 5
DEFENCE 6


WISDOM OF THE RAT

Once per round, when an Order Marker is removed from any Ninja Army Card you control, you may immediately place that Order Marker on this army card or any Ninja Army Card you control. When you roll the 20-sided die for a Ninja you control, you may add or subtract 1 from the roll.

FATHER'S DEVOTION

Opponent’s figures adjacent to Master Splinter may not attack any Ninja Turtles you control with two or more wound markers on their card. When attacking an opponent’s figure adjacent to any Ninja Turtle you control, Master Splinter may roll one additional die.

MASTER OF NINJITSU

Splinter can attack with his normal attack at any point before, during, or after his normal move as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement. Splinter can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Opponents' figures cannot move through Splinter always receive leaving engagement attacks from him regardless of any special powers on any Army Card.

COUNTER STRIKE

When rolling defence dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.


or this one:

B)

MASTER SPLINTER

RODENT
UNIQUE HERO
SENSEI
WISE
MEDIUM 4

5 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENCE 5


WISDOM OF THE RAT

Once per round, when an Order Marker is removed from any Ninja Army Card you control, you may immediately place that Order Marker on this army card or any Ninja Army Card you control. When you roll the 20-sided die for a Ninja you control, you may add or subtract 1 from the roll.

FATHER'S DEVOTION

Opponent’s figures adjacent to Master Splinter may not attack any Ninja Turtles you control with two or more wound markers on their card. When attacking an opponent’s figure adjacent to any Ninja Turtle you control, Master Splinter may roll one additional die.

MASTER MARTIAL ARTIST

When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled, and all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.


My Family's Classic Customs
- A Prophecy Fulfilled
=====================
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old January 10th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Ronin's Avatar
Ronin Ronin is online now
Looking where the light is better
 
Join Date: January 3, 2013
Location: USA - CO - Longmont
Posts: 12,366
Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

I think in the A Model, I'd just go with regular Ninjitsu over the more complex version. If we're gonna get up to four powers, they should be pretty streamlined.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Public Exclusive 94 - Hellblazer)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old January 10th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Spidey'tilIDie's Avatar
Spidey'tilIDie Spidey'tilIDie is offline
C3G's First Fan
 
Join Date: January 8, 2009
Location: USA - TX - H-town
Posts: 10,864
Images: 20
Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

Not sure which I like better, but I think these are definitely a huge step in the right direction. Maybe consider adding Shadowwalk to the last version (B). I hate to lose that aspect completely.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old January 10th, 2018, 09:10 AM
japes's Avatar
japes japes is offline
A Man of Taste
 
Join Date: August 3, 2011
Location: USA - TX - Austin (SW)
Posts: 13,716
Images: 39
japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I think in the A Model, I'd just go with regular Ninjitsu over the more complex version. If we're gonna get up to four powers, they should be pretty streamlined.
I'd lean B personally (which is still essentially 7 powers but at least the last 3, MMA, are already a understood grouping in C3G) but A with Ronin's suggestion would be fine as well probably. Either way I believe the attack bonus in Fatherly Devotion isn't needed and dropping that would help reduce the bulk of the overall design. You are already getting an attack bonus in MMA and in the first option you gave a 6 Defense Counter Strike Which is pretty much a dead Hand/Foot ninja every turn they attack him which will be forced when the Turtles are injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old January 10th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Yodaking's Avatar
Yodaking Yodaking is offline
C3G Landlord
 
Join Date: March 7, 2008
Posts: 23,640
Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

I agree that the 'daring decoy' power for injured turtles that forces you to attack a 6 def. counter strike figure or 5 def. +1 auto shield counter strike figure already gets across quite strongly the theme of him defending his 'sons' from others. The additional attack boost doesn't come across as needed or thematically correct once you start talking about Ninjitsu, as that is a disciplined defensive focused fighting style so having him become more aggressive/enraged does not really work for me. I also think the disengage power would be key to the design though, if Leo gets hurt while Splinter is engaged with another figure he should be able to easily leave that fight and rush to Leo's aid. So we should see if we can replace the attack bonus in Father Devotion with a disengage power. Maybe give him a free move so he can come of a turtles aid immedietly. That would prove really useful and thematic for double attack figures attacking a turtle. Leo gets wounded on the first attack, Splinter jumps in between Leo and his opponent, forcing the opponent to use their second attack on Splinter instead of finishing Leo off.

FATHER'S DEVOTION
Immediately after a Ninja Turtle you control places two or more wound markers on their card, Master Splinter may move up to 5 spaces. Master Splinter will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Father's Devotion. When an Opponent’s figure is adjacent to Master Splinter, that figure may not attack any Ninja Turtles you control.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old January 10th, 2018, 03:02 PM
Lazy Orang's Avatar
Lazy Orang Lazy Orang is offline
Not Citrus
 
Join Date: November 10, 2012
Location: British Isles
Posts: 10,523
Images: 6
Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I agree that the 'daring decoy' power for injured turtles that forces you to attack a 6 def. counter strike figure or 5 def. +1 auto shield counter strike figure already gets across quite strongly the theme of him defending his 'sons' from others. The additional attack boost doesn't come across as needed or thematically correct once you start talking about Ninjitsu, as that is a disciplined defensive focused fighting style so having him become more aggressive/enraged does not really work for me. I also think the disengage power would be key to the design though, if Leo gets hurt while Splinter is engaged with another figure he should be able to easily leave that fight and rush to Leo's aid. So we should see if we can replace the attack bonus in Father Devotion with a disengage power. Maybe give him a free move so he can come of a turtles aid immedietly. That would prove really useful and thematic for double attack figures attacking a turtle. Leo gets wounded on the first attack, Splinter jumps in between Leo and his opponent, forcing the opponent to use their second attack on Splinter instead of finishing Leo off.

FATHER'S DEVOTION
Immediately after a Ninja Turtle you control places two or more wound markers on their card, Master Splinter may move up to 5 spaces. Master Splinter will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Father's Devotion. When an Opponent’s figure is adjacent to Master Splinter, that figure may not attack any Ninja Turtles you control.
Ooh, I like that! I had the attack boost as I wanted it to feel active and aggressive in terms of protection, but I'd forgotten that forcing opponents to attack someone with Counterstrike gets across a degree of aggression, and this is wonderfully active and thematic. I'd like to run with that, if there are no objections!

(I might then actually run with a different version of the Master of Ninjitsu idea rather than just going back to MMA - it was honestly the 'unbalancing the opponent and taking advantage of it' element that appealed more than just phantom walk and attacking on the move.


My Family's Classic Customs
- A Prophecy Fulfilled
=====================
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old January 10th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Arkham's Avatar
Arkham Arkham is online now
A Sock (So, obviously, not a cat)
 
Join Date: May 19, 2012
Location: USA - NE - Omaha
Posts: 8,377
Images: 1
Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

Liking where this is going. Starting to look more streamlined, thematic, and flavorful without needing so much in each power, IMO.

Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old January 10th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Tornado's Avatar
Tornado Tornado is offline
Fan Fiction Prompt Master
 
Join Date: August 11, 2010
Location: USA - MI - Kalamazoo (Climax)
Posts: 20,317
Images: 188
Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old January 10th, 2018, 07:03 PM
Ronin's Avatar
Ronin Ronin is online now
Looking where the light is better
 
Join Date: January 3, 2013
Location: USA - CO - Longmont
Posts: 12,366
Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

I also like YK's take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
(I might then actually run with a different version of the Master of Ninjitsu idea rather than just going back to MMA - it was honestly the 'unbalancing the opponent and taking advantage of it' element that appealed more than just phantom walk and attacking on the move.
Honestly, you might be best off just throwing the Ninjitsu connection out of whatever you do for the defensive power. I feel like it's adding a lot of baggage to what you really want the thing to do, and it makes sense for Splinter to only get out of LEAs and be kinetic when he's trying to help out the Turtles. He could get away from an engagement unscathed, but I feel like he's a very deliberate guy and he's not going to rush from one battle to another without reason. Not indulging in the Ninjitsu movement mechanic (or even a general LEA clause) reflects that.

Some wording tweaks:

Quote:
WISDOM OF THE RAT
Once per round, when an Order Marker is removed from a Ninja Army Card you control, you may immediately place that Order Marker on this card or any Ninja Army Card you control. When you roll the 20-sided die for a Ninja you control, you may add or subtract 1 from the roll.*

FATHER'S DEVOTION
Figures engaged with Master Splinter may not attack any Ninja Turtles you control. When a Ninja Turtle you control receives two or more wounds from a single attack or special power, Master Splinter may immediately move up to 5 spaces. Master Splinter will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with Father's Devotion.**

DEFENSIVE MARTIAL ARTS POWER
*that last sentence I'd happily drop
**we could drop the last sentence there too, if he gets disengage in the third power

Side note, we should probably go back and retcon Pied Piper so that he can only automatically take control of Common Rodent Heroes.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Public Exclusive 94 - Hellblazer)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old January 10th, 2018, 10:05 PM
japes's Avatar
japes japes is offline
A Man of Taste
 
Join Date: August 3, 2011
Location: USA - TX - Austin (SW)
Posts: 13,716
Images: 39
japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - Breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Side note, we should probably go back and retcon Pied Piper so that he can only automatically take control of Common Rodent Heroes.
Or a "you control" and leave it open...Give Splinter another teammate...like Pied Piper has him under his control. It would be like the Rat King episode of the original series...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Book of Master Lao Xin Leaf_It C3V and SoV Customs 20 December 11th, 2018 11:25 AM
The Book of Master Win Chiu Woo Menchy Official Units 57 August 10th, 2018 08:16 AM
The Book of Mirror Master A3n C3G Library 292 May 17th, 2015 04:52 PM
Splinter Cell: Double Agent Ted_Danson Video Games 5 October 24th, 2006 06:46 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.

Heroscape background footer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.