Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Notices

Old October 12th, 2017, 05:02 PM

Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker
Re: Contest Thread - 6 DAYS LEFT!

Here's my submission: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99...ew?usp=sharing

Ruins by the River of Vitality
Requires 1 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 FotA
Bio: Once A mighty city built on a river of life, now it lies in ruins. Centuries of war have turned what was once a city renowned for the healing properties of its water into a forgotten relic. Perhaps claiming the overgrown ruins for your own would allow you to strengthen and heal your armies.
Old October 12th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

That map looks great @Tankyteemo , thanks for the submission!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 12th, 2017, 07:45 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm sitting on a map design right now but I was hoping to actually build it before turning it in. I'm not sure if that will happen or not as I don't have any place to build maps at the moment.
We'll still gladly accept it even if you didn't get a chance to build it

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 14th, 2017, 05:16 PM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker

Hello everyone!
This map contest has encouraged me to come out of hiding and actually put together something new, so thank you Sir Heroscape for this opportunity.

Here's my submission

Infernal Ruins
Map requirements: RoTV, VW, and one of either RttFF OR FoTA. (Only the 21 road tiles are used, so either set should work. Convenient!)

Description: During ancient times, a mighty but malicious race of kyrie known as The Infernal controlled a towering stronghold on the northern tip of the Volcarren Wasteland. This wicked race of kyrie seemed to possess magical abilities, and some recent versions of the tale even infer that the Infernal had discovered a wellspring, long before the Battle for Valhalla had begun. Unfortunately, for the ancient kyrie race, the ground beneath their fortress erupted soon after their incredible abilities hit their peak potential. The resulting fire and flames wiped out the Infernal race and made the land uninhabitable for the centuries following. Could the wellspring have been the source of the eruption?

Edit: Just noticed an aesthetic mistake in the build instructions (which means there is a mistake in the image) I'll upload the change in the build instructions, but i'll probably leave the image for now.

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12

Last edited by Angear; October 14th, 2017 at 09:28 PM.
Old October 15th, 2017, 01:58 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Lost Road Marsh

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=4705

Lost to the soft marshy lands it once led passage through, a road slowly slips away in to the moist soil.

Felt like there should be a few more maps, so I decided to get this one finished up in time.

Last edited by Leaf_It; October 15th, 2017 at 06:17 PM. Reason: added bio for the map
Old October 15th, 2017, 02:03 PM

JUST 3 DAYS before the deadline!!
We've got some great submissions already, lets see some more. Calling all those that have participated in the past, waddaya have up your sleeves?

@TheSparkleInYourWater @Skylord163 @TheEpicAlpaca @capsocrates @Tornado @Dad_Scaper @Colorcrayons @Dignan @All Your Pie @GaryLASQ @GeneralRolando @legoboy @lonewolf @master4sword @NecroBlade @quozl @rednax @Rÿchean @Sherman Davies @Yodaking @A3n @Herofly @Dr.Goomonkey @TheTravelingScaper

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 15th, 2017, 06:06 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Contest Thread - 3 DAYS LEFT!

I made some small changes to Lost Road Marsh. Moved a few bushes, and stuff. You'll want to re-download it if you already did.
Old October 17th, 2017, 10:39 AM

Re: Contest Thread - 3 DAYS LEFT!

JUST 1 DAY before the deadline!!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 17th, 2017, 10:55 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Contest Thread - 1 DAY LEFT!

@Tankyteemo , Your map makes me want to play the Marro Drudge so bad. I'm blind. Which glyph did you put in the middle of your map?

@Angear , I actually really like the use of strong glyphs to pull armies to the outside of the maps. Those same glyphs are easily contestable by range on height. Nice balance.

@Leaf_It , I like the LoS blockers in the middle with the grouped trees. It will be fun deciding whether you want the extra moment from road or the height on this map. Gives some tactical decisions. Thanks for getting the map in for us.
Old October 17th, 2017, 11:19 AM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker

Well one of my ideas fell through, but I've still got one!

Comet Crater (HSC, PDF)
Requirements: 1 RotV, 1 TT

The war in Valhalla had seen some unusual things summoned by the Generals in order to build the ultimate army. But Valkrill had another idea. What if, instead of using the wellsprings to summon armies, he used the wellspring to summon a weapon?

And so, he performed his test - he summoned forth a comet from outer space directly into the battlefield, where it made impact and annihilated both forces. As it never entered the atmosphere, the frigid rock never heated up, and thus it brought the chill of space to the wasteland it left behind.

Spoiler Alert!
Old October 17th, 2017, 11:40 AM

I haven't had an opportunity to enter one of these contests yet...so I figured it was about time. Here are my submissions. Keep in mind, since I am a judge entering the contest, I'm forfeiting my voting of the scoring of the maps for the Top 10 (to avoid bias) and even if I make the Top 10, I will NOT be considered for the prize.

Ticallan Tower

Download
Nestled deep in the jungle forests of Ticalla, stands the remnant of an old Jandar outpost. Built to create a foothold for Jandar's forces, this tower was once the edge in the war that Jandar was looking for to gain control within the treacherous jungle. But as time passed and battles raged, the swamp began to take matters into it's own hands. Turning soft and uneasy, the ground along the tower floor began to crack and shift due to the weakening of the foundation. With the swamp subverting the towers base, the integrity of the structure was compromised and Jandar was forced to withdraw. Though forgotten, this overgrown, barren tower still hosts many great battles of Valhalla.

Barren Plateau

Download
Amidst the vast Mountains of Kyrien, rests a now barren plateau. The battle-hardened Minions of Utgar once dwelled here, but now only a dried, windswept ruin remains.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; October 18th, 2017 at 02:31 PM. Reason: update submission
Old October 17th, 2017, 02:03 PM

Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
@Tankyteemo , Your map makes me want to play the Marro Drudge so bad. I'm blind. Which glyph did you put in the middle of your map?
I put a Glyph of Wannok, but most permanent power glyphs could be used instead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla