Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 7th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
A wise man once said: There can be no disappointment without expectations.

If I was a Kings fan and they lost the first three games I would not be disappointed.

I'm a Mavs fan though.

OK that was a dig.

But seriously, I've been there through the thick and the thin. I can remember going to the Western Conference Finals in 1988 against the Lakers. Those were good times. I can remember buying Season Passes during the early 90's for $200....and being one of about 1000 people at the games on most nights. I can remember the Three J's and the build of excitement only to see it fizzle out. I watched the Nellie/Cuban experiment unfold. And yes...after 26 years of being a Mavs fan in a family of Mavs fans I finally got to see the team make the Finals.

So no one is going to deny me the right to be disappointed with this start. Finals are not won in November, but bad habits begin during this month. I don't kid myself that things will be easy this year either. The Spurs are still the team to beat in the West in my mind, and having such a poor showing against them was a disappointment.
Old November 7th, 2006, 07:15 PM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
I remember when the Kings were winning game 6 and were about to shut the door on the Lakers when Rober Horry hit that 3 at the buzzer to tie the series up at 3-3. That was a heartbreaking shot for all King's fans.

I don't really agree with the conspiracy theory of Reaper...I just don't buy that kinda thinking in the world of sports.

The Kings blew the game and then choked game 7. They were right there for several years and blew it each year and now they are rebuilding in a very tough west. I don't see them doing anything this year. They might make the playoffs if they're lucky but they certainly won't win a first round series.

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old November 7th, 2006, 07:44 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Actually, noodles - Game 6 was the rook-job where even uninvolved spectators who knew nothing about basketball went "WTF!?" with the absurdly obvious raping the orefs gave the Kings.

Game 4 was when the Kings were about to go up 3-1 after thoroughly outplaying the Lakers with a balanced, uptempo, exciting, team game (not 2 arrogant, insulting, superstars who fed off preferential treatment their whole careers up to then) when Kobe AND Shaq missed shots in the final seconds, and we got a hand on the ball, Vlade inexplicably hit it as hard as he could away from the basket and it bounced right into the hands of Robert Horry camping on the 3 point line.

Luckiest bounce in the history of the NBA.
Old November 7th, 2006, 08:26 PM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
Actually, noodles - Game 6 was the rook-job where even uninvolved spectators who knew nothing about basketball went "WTF!?" with the absurdly obvious raping the orefs gave the Kings.

Game 4 was when the Kings were about to go up 3-1 after thoroughly outplaying the Lakers with a balanced, uptempo, exciting, team game (not 2 arrogant, insulting, superstars who fed off preferential treatment their whole careers up to then) when Kobe AND Shaq missed shots in the final seconds, and we got a hand on the ball, Vlade inexplicably hit it as hard as he could away from the basket and it bounced right into the hands of Robert Horry camping on the 3 point line.

Luckiest bounce in the history of the NBA.
I stand corrected.

Old November 8th, 2006, 12:16 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
The Spurs are still the team to beat in the West in my mind.
I would say so.
Old November 8th, 2006, 12:18 AM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?
ive been watching football recently and havent kept up with basketball yet. Can someone fill me in on the rockets record plz?

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old November 8th, 2006, 12:23 AM

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by player_of_football
ive been watching football recently and havent kept up with basketball yet. Can someone fill me in on the rockets record plz?
2-2. Geez, I just noticed that Mutombo is still playing.
Old November 8th, 2006, 12:26 AM
something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
Quote:
Did you see what happened to the Magic fan who called Mutombo a monkey? - He was banned for the season and his season ticket was refunded to him.

Old November 8th, 2006, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Quote:
is Yao playin then?

Elves shall prevail!
Old November 8th, 2006, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles
Quote:
Quote:
Did you see what happened to the Magic fan who called Mutombo a monkey? - He was banned for the season and his season ticket was refunded to him.
NO. When was this? Dude is lucky Mutombo didn't clock 'em one.

POF, yea Yao was playing. Dikembe only played 3 minutes, but I thought he re-tired after last season. Easy money I guess, cause there is no way he's getting a ring with Houston.
Old November 8th, 2006, 01:03 AM

if Yao gets his act straight the team would to soooooo much better

Elves shall prevail!
Old November 8th, 2006, 03:56 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I don't think Yao is "all that". Sure he's big and has some skills, but I think he's too soft. Maybe even too nice. If he can't play a physical game I'd almost say he's a poor man's David Robinson. I think Dave was more athletic than Yao, and could hang a little better with the physical play. Yao is just a little behind Dave because he's bigger. The good news is he's young.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV